Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 21 DEC 14
Going out in the sun? Never underestimate the power of sunscreen! It helps prevent blotchiness, spider veins, and premature wrinkles.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Vertigo  (Read 26283 times)

ella_gurl

• Quintessential Thrift Queen
  • GirlTalker
  • what u see is what you get..
Re: Vertigo
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »
I had this way back 2005. Pero meron na kong migraine attacks beforehand. Ang scary lang sa akin was it was a prelude to early symptoms of aneurism.  :( I was in a call center industry before and had to work long hours in the GY shift. So ayun, due to stress from work, kulang sa tulog, sirang body clock amongst others, nag-swell yung brain nerves ko. And my world hasn't been the same every since. 2 months akong naka-confine sa Makati Med (buti malaki pa HMO coverage ko that time) and wasn't able to eat properly. I didn't even wanna open my eyes. Tapos naging sensitive ako sa light. After I was discharged, meron akong constant check up with neurologist and maintenance medication. Steroidal pala yung medicine na yun kaya ang nangyari I seriously gained weight. To the point na naging obese talaga ako during annual physical checkup. Tapos since brain related cause nga yung vertigo ko, my friend suggested fish oil. Squalene yata ang popular that time. And until now, may pasumpong-sumpong na symptom lalo na since medyo lumabo ang mata ko dahil computer related ang work ko. Pero in check naman vertigo. Saka nag-switch ako sa BioOmega -for neural health and Visionex - for eye health (c/o fiance  :P).
"The greatest risk in our lives are the risk we didn't take".

http://goodiesdiscountsfreebies.weebly.com/extra.html

DV

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 02:29:47 PM »
Sa neurologist ba nagpapa-check for vertigo?  Dati kasi nagpa-check din ako sa EENT and neurologist hindi naman na-determine kung anong cause.  Vertigo nga lang daw.  Niresetahan lang ako ng Serc.  Doesn't work on me naman.

Right now I'm having an episode na naman and just threw up.  Ang hirap.  Even if I lie down and close my eyes, nararamdaman ko pa ring umikot ang paligid.

Has anyone of you heard of the Epley maneuver? 

http://www.merck.com/pubs/mmanual_ha/figures/fg20_1.html

Could anyone please recommend a doctor who knows how to do this?

Thank you!
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."    --Dr Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!

shotokan

• GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 04:00:31 PM »
meron din akong ganito... mejo mahirap nga kasi ang tingin mo sa object is moving towards you or swinging like... ang explanation sa akin ng doctor is that yung air balance sa tenga daw hindi sya nag babalanse kaya yun ang cause ng pagkahilo.. he prescribe me betaserc... effective naman sya... sometimes naeecounter ko pa sya... ang ginagawa ko na lang ay close my eyes tapos deep breath and nag rerelax ako...

claudz03

• happy & in love
  • GirlTalker
  • Smile and the whole world smiles with you!
    • PREMIERA DENTISTA
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 02:10:34 AM »
try consulting a TMJ dentist near your place. lalo na if you have missing tooth  or mga naka porcelain crown or dentures or nag braces kyo before at nabunutan ng ipin.

Many TMJ patients have TMJ dizziness or vertigo. This is very often, what bothers the patient the most like you experienced. There are two possible causes for vertigo. The first cause may be related to the fact that the jaw joint is located just in front of your inner ear. Part of the inner ear acts like a carpenter's level and automatically helps body with balancing. When a patient's TMJ is inflamed and sore, its next-door neighbor, or inner ear, can be affected causing TMJ vertigo or dizziness. If you injure a muscle, all of the muscles around the injured muscle contract tightly. The inflamed TMJ muscles might cause the muscles in the inner ear to tighten and create you some problems. The second possible cause is the tightening and inflammation of the sternocleidomastoid muscle. The SCM is often sore in TMJ patients, and this muscle like the inner ear, helps your body keep in balance.

gughie

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 03:11:56 PM »
ako din i have vertigo... on and off.. minsan gigising na lang ako sa umaga na umiikot na ang paligid ko... nagpacheck naman ako sa doctor sabi nga daw sa balance something... he just gave me meds para mawala ang hilo.. minsan halos 1 week akong hilo, super putla na ko nun, nagsusuka and di ka talaga makakakilos as in nakahiga lang maghapon, dinadalhan na lang ako ng food sa room.. kahit sa pag cr, need ko ng aalalay sakin kasi...sana mawala na to.. ang hirap kasi..

damen

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 06:57:51 PM »
I had this before due to chemical imbalance in my ear, I had Impacted Serumen in one of my ears (matigas na tutuli hehe). I was given medication, tapos nangyari uli almost 2 years after, basta na lang I woke up that morning na umiikot lahat ng bagay sa paligid ko.

bublegum

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »
i have this din! and super pahirap, especially when i travel. by land, na-cocontrol ko pa but by sea and air... naku, nakaka hiya na and pahirap talaga. kahit may prior medication pa. i usually keep a stash of barf bags kasi nga most likely nagagamit ko.... hayz
"What this country needs is not just a change OF men, but a change IN men.."-- Richard Gordon

angeleigh

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 12:56:12 PM »
For two days straight, nahihilo ako. As in para akong tutumba. Kapag lumilingon ako, ayun, para akong nagsswimming.

Meron din akong nararamdama na parang nabibingi ako. Akala ko low blood lang ako, nagpacheck ako ng BP 120/70, sabi ng nurse dito sa office, okay naman daw yun.

Nakaka-affect din ba na meron ako? Ngayon ko lang kasi naramdaman ito e.

Ang mom ko may vertigo. She told me to take Serc, uminom na ako kahapon, pero ganon pa rin, hindi nawala or nabawasan man lang.

Nakakatakot kasi nagcocommute lang ako. Baka sa daan ako himatayin. :(

schizo_me

• GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 12:53:49 PM »
I also have vertigo. I take ginkgo biloba ( herbal med )  as maintenance. so far effective naman kasi nung nagstop ako uminom umaatake vertigo ko.

DV

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 02:35:02 PM »
^Where can I buy that?  Is that prescribed?  How'd you know about it?  Thanks!
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."    --Dr Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!

schizo_me

• GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 12:04:55 PM »
^ yup. Prescribed by the ENT because i have Tinnitus ( ringing in the  ears ) which is the cause of my Vertigo. i usually buy at Healthy Options. Actually, memory enhancer sya. but it's not effective para ma totally cure yung tinnitus pero na lessen yung vertigo ko.

sola_gurl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 02:24:38 PM »
Hey guys, try this exercise, nung nagreturn vertigo ko I tried it, and it's been more than half a year na since my last vertigo attack.

Lay in bed (on your back, facing the celing)
Turn your whole body to the right for 10 seconds (nakakahilo i know but tiis lang).  Tern turn right again for 10 seconds so now you're facing the bed.
Then turn right again for 10 seconds hanngang sa nakarotate ka na 360 degrees.

You can also do left, it's your choice, basta one direction lang forever.

Do this once daily, before going to sleep.  Tinuro yan ng doctor ng grandma ng friend ko kasi nagsuffer rin siya from vertigo from always sleeping on one side.
"Fate succumbs many a species: one alone jeopardises itself." - W.H. Auden

fReAk_Me_BaBy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2010, 02:29:42 PM »
ako before may vertigo sabi nung therapist dahil nga sa puyat din.. well thanks to her kasi nawala na.. sobrang galing nya talaga.. maski yung sa knee-cup ko naayos nya.. hirap magkaron ng vertigo lalo na kapag lumala.

ingat na lang mga sis =)

angeleigh

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2010, 10:39:14 PM »
Para akong mabibingi. I keep on hearing popping sound sa right ear. And dapat dahan dahan ang paglingon ko kung hindi tutumba ako. Sabi ng doctor, stress induced daw at laging puyat ang cause ng vertigo ko. Hay, paano naman macocontrol ang stress...

claudz03

• happy & in love
  • GirlTalker
  • Smile and the whole world smiles with you!
    • PREMIERA DENTISTA
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 10:47:05 PM »
For two days straight, nahihilo ako. As in para akong tutumba. Kapag lumilingon ako, ayun, para akong nagsswimming.

Meron din akong nararamdama na parang nabibingi ako. Akala ko low blood lang ako, nagpacheck ako ng BP 120/70, sabi ng nurse dito sa office, okay naman daw yun.

Nakaka-affect din ba na meron ako? Ngayon ko lang kasi naramdaman ito e.

Ang mom ko may vertigo. She told me to take Serc, uminom na ako kahapon, pero ganon pa rin, hindi nawala or nabawasan man lang.

Nakakatakot kasi nagcocommute lang ako. Baka sa daan ako himatayin. :(

sis, look for a TMJ dentist near your area, parang nabibingi, dizziness, vertigo.. thats one of the symptoms of tmj dysfunction.

look for the tmj thread dito sa forum, and i post something about the signs and symptoms of tmj dysfunction.

but if hindi nyo makita eto yun.....

Many of the symptoms of TMJ have overlapping characteristics, which often mimic other conditions. Indeed, it is quite common for people to seek the care of a medical doctor in search of a cure or answer. Most, however, never think to contact a dentist trained in TMJ since the symptoms are primarily medical in nature.

Do you suffer from any of these?

Headaches
Jaw joint clicking or popping
Facial Pain
Neck pain or stiffness
Jaw joint pain
Worn, loose or sensitive teeth
Limited ability to open and close your mouth
Difficulty eating, chewing or swallowing
Dizziness or vertigo
Pain Wenever you talk or smile
Earaches (or ear congestion)
Poor posture

Other classical symptoms of TMJ are:

Difficulty closing the teeth together
Numbness in hands/fingertips
Difficulty in swallowing
Back pain
Shoulder pain

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:49:49 PM by claudz03 »

angeleigh

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 10:31:57 AM »
^Thank you sis, what does TMJ means?

Sige i will try to find one this Sunday. Nakakatakot kapag lumala... :(

E23203

• GirlTalker
  • Bookie and Chanel's Surrogate Mother
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 10:30:32 PM »
I just had a check up with my doctor earlier, and yes, he did diagnose me with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (nosebleed..!)

Same din yung symptoms mga sis, Literal talagang umiikot ang mundo I was absent for about a week already..

Talagang very sporadic and it happens randomly, walang pinipiling oras. He prescribed me with Serc, and vitamins yung with folic acid, I forgot the name.. sabi nya pag hindi yun nag improve, dapat pa check ako with a neurologist..

natatakot ako mga sis.. :'(

"Who are you to judge the way i live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be, but before you go pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.."
Bob Marley

greatshape0209

• www.ca2020.net
    • Greatshape
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2010, 10:53:50 PM »
I have no experience about this, pero may mga testimonials ako narinig from some people who have this case na gumaling sila using herbal products. I don't know kung naniniwala kayo dito pero siguro wala naman masama kung susubukan.

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want
In verdant pastures He gives me repose
Besides restful waters He leads me
He refreshes my soul...

http://loseweightnowwithherbalife.blogspot.com

jesrora

• New Mommy & a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I <3 Hershey's.
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2010, 04:59:09 AM »
my mom suffers from this.. ngayon magaling na sya... sana lagi syang okay, nagstart ito June this year. akala ko aatakihin sya sa puso kasi nahihilo daw sya madaling araw nun at wala naman highblood mama ko alam ko pero hilong hilo sya di sya makatayo sa bed tapos naiiyak na sya tapos nagsuka ng nagsuka... dinala namin sya hospital may pink na tablets na pinainom sakanya, then serc... ayun vertigo pala.. it lasted for 2 weeks... tapos gumaling sya for a month.. then come august meron ulit sya.. pabugso bugso.. kapag napupuyat sya. kapag yumuyuko sya... my mom is a dentist kaya di maiwasan yumuko :( i hope and pray fully recovered na sya and di na bumalik ang vertigo nya.
Semper Fidelis.

jesrora

• New Mommy & a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I <3 Hershey's.
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2010, 05:01:42 AM »
oh and dami na namin doctor na pinuntahan, ENT, kahit nga neuro kala nya kasi hilo nya una sa utak na eh, nagpa test pa sya sa manila hearing aid, pati ct scan, and stuff. buti na rule out ang tumor... and positional vertigo sya...

nagpunta na rin kami sa chinese doctor, binigyan sya ng mga dahon dahon na tuyo na parang may mushrooms pa... once lang nya nainom at effective kaya lang nagpalpitate naman sya hehe... pati yung parang capsules nila na nagccure ng dizziness, effective against vertigo pero yun nga may iba naman sya nararamdaman
Semper Fidelis.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.