Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 31 OCT 14
Having trouble staying true to yourself? Spend time with your loved ones to remind yourself of who you are--after all, they know you best.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: South East Asian (DIY) Tour  (Read 45716 times)

~yufa~

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: South East Asian (DIY) Tour
« Reply #240 on: March 17, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »
Hi sis! I had my indochina trip last 2010. If hindi ka magshashopping, ok langna budget mo is mga less 20k.

Is that with the hotel and plane tickets already? I'm after the experience. Not the shopping eh. Haha. Ilang days pala to?

jazzlawyer

• Super GirlTalker
  • now Mrs. D!
« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »
sis I went there through Travel Factor indochina trip. may package sila dun.  ;) try mo. theyre very friendly. naging friends namin lahat ng kasama sa travel factor  ;D

Sa Travel Factor, we spent 9 days from the indochina trip.

jazzlawyer

• Super GirlTalker
  • now Mrs. D!
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2012, 07:18:36 PM »
^ thanks sis! do you have a blog about your trip?

Hi sis! I only have pics sa FB. di kasi ako blogger  ;) di ko namemaintain eh.. sayang nga

anika08

• GirlTalker
  • I am what I am...
« Reply #243 on: May 03, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »
been hibernating for a long time!  :) I'm currently planning on our DIY trip to Malaysia in July. On my list is MLA-KL-Penang-KL-Genting-KL-MLA.

Has anyone been to Penang? What are your insights?
"You can only push a girl away for so long until she walks out of your life on her own... so be careful.. and make sure this is what you want because once she turns around she ISN'T coming back..."

yellow_bell

• GirlTalker
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »
hi mga sis, i'm also planning a SEA DIY backpacking trip next year, sa holy week siguro para i could spend 9 days in total.

feasible kaya to cover Chiang Mai - Vietnam (Mui Ne) - Laos (Luang Prabang or Ventiane) - Cambodia (Siem Reap) -

di ko pa sigurado kung tama ang pagkakasunod sunod and kung san dapat ang entry and exit points ko. I'm still researching para makapag abang na rin ng promo tickets.

maybe i can also do a manila - kota kinabalu - chiang mai - bkk- laos - cambodia - manila

i'm not sure though if doable since i only have less than 2 weeks.

thanks in advance. :)
like me. hate me. love me. i don't care.

wanderingsiblings

• Wandering Siblings
  • Probationary
    • Wandering Siblings
« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2012, 09:28:06 PM »
For you ladies who want a rough ideas on cost, here's the breakdown of me and my brother's DIY actual expenses.

- 12 day trip that covered Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Kuala Lumpur, Malacca and Singapore

- 16 day trip to Siem Reap (because we absolutely loved it the previous year), Bangkok, Vientiane and Hanoi

Post modified. No blog advertising. Please post blog links on the right thread.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:09:26 AM by mama squeak! »

~yufa~

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #246 on: November 09, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »
Any sites/blogs that you can suggest for this topic? Papost naman po yung site (not the link). Bawal po ata kasi. Thanks

melodymedley

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Balancing Life on a Budget
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2012, 09:28:25 AM »
@sis Yellow Bell: Pwedeng " Fly into HCMC, Vietnam-bus to Mui Ne- bus back to HCMC- bus to Siem Reap - bus to Laos (I think they have overnight sleeper buses)-bus to BKK- bus to Chiang Mai -bus back to BKK-fly out of BKK. BUT.... I don't think it can be done in 9 days. Better drop a country or city. Some do Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand in 9 days.

Haven't been to Laos, and I scrapped it in our itinerary dahil kapos na sa oras (as usual).

@yufa: mine! Hahaha. ;)

Backpacking across three countries is awesomeness! 

~yufa~

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »
^Thanks sis. Haven't read everything pa mahaba haba pala kasi yung blog mo hehe. You have a point nga na Bangkok should be the last stop. Kaso I just bought tickets yesterday to Bangkok for next year...tagal pa haha. But I will be doing a backpacking trip with my officemates. 12 kami sana di mahirap mag travel ng ganun karami haha. But I am super excited na for it. New adventures lang. =)

riandrew

• Super GirlTalker
    • No Spam, No Virus, No Kiddin'!
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2012, 05:37:38 PM »
i did it alone last 2010. my route is KL-SGN-SR-BKK, in 10 days. 11th day yung pauwi ng MNL.

click mo lang tong link sa signature ko and click the link backpacking southeast asia.  ;)
travel - resorts - hotels - staycations - buffet
http://www.chyngreyes.com  |  http://instagram.com/chyngreyes

~yufa~

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2012, 05:27:06 PM »
^Thanks. Natawa lang ako sa bubulaga sa site mo pag-open.  ;D ;D ;D

michi247

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »
may link pala na ganito. interested din ako sa SEA Tour para sulit yung bayad sa travel tax. HK-Macau pa lang natry ko. nung nag SG kasi ko dati di ko pa alam na pwede isingit ang KL.

mahaba-habang backread ito.  :)

merchee

• I.T. girl and morenang
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2013, 11:21:45 AM »
naloloka na ko kaka-plan hahaha. meron kasi akong trip with my friend. manggaling sya from manila to  hanoi. while ako naman...manggaling ako from jakarta to hcmc. dun na lang kami sa saigon magkikita.

So the plan is (coming from his side)

1.  Hanoi ----> Fly to HCMC
2, HCMC-----> land trip from HCMC to SR ----->
3.  Siem Reap -----> Manila

ALL for 5 days (flight out to manila on the 5th day)

nanghihinayang ako sa oras ng land trip to SR kaso ang mahal ng tickets from HCMC to SR eh.
Give it time love...the fire feels divine. The sweetest things they burn before they shine...

Visit and follow my space that talks everything about women! :)

http://bestows.blogspot.com/

greenblueblood

• Probationary
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2013, 09:56:28 PM »
I went on a backpacking DIY Indochina trip last year. My itinerary was Manila - Hanoi - Luang Prabang- Siem Reap - Manila for ten days. I flew from one country to the other to save time. Otherwise land travel from Hanoi to Luang Prabang is roughly 30 hours and about the same if I'm not mistaken with LP-SR.

LP is quite charming and it has this magical way of trapping you and making you not want to leave. While the place also has its more than fair share of tourists, LP still manages to retain its calm, laidback atmosphere.

My suggestion when you plan your DIY is to spend at least three days in a place and don't rush yourself. Although of course some people really prefer travelling at a fast pace and covering more ground, which is fine too as long as it works for you. The important thing is you do what you want to do and not what other people think you should do.

If you need specific information on any of those places just ask me :-)

yezzel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2013, 02:39:26 AM »
hi sis .. meron bang mag SEA trip sa october.. i already have ticket RT oct - indonesia and RT nov - thailand..
plan ko wag na umuwi ng october from indonesia .. then magcross country na lang .. so oct -nov  SEA trip..   gusto ko mapuntahan laos , myanmar , hanoi , india(if may makakasama) .. thanks :)
my 3 months solo backpacking in southeast asia
https://vimeo.com/channels/arienne/93681400

leelou

• Senior GirlTalker
  • fifth element
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »
hi girls! hubby and I plan to do this SEA trip this December. sana matuloy!  ;D please comment naman on our 8D7N itinerary. we're open for suggestions ;)

1) Manila-Hanoi --> 2 nights (Halong bay cruise, tunnel)

2) Hanoi-Bangkok --> 1 night (Grand Palace, ..). we're not fond of temples btw.

3) Bangkok-Phuket --> 3 nights (Phi phi, Patong, etc).

4) Phuket-SG or Phuket Bangkok --> 1 night (wala kasi direct flight to Manila, either SG or Bangkok lang. hubby has been to SG with his family pero ako hindi pa. tho my family and I plan to visit SG next year kaya ok lang wala na ako mapuntahan spots sa SG this time. altho i'll let hubby try the AJ Hackett bungee in Sentosa that will open late this year).

5) SG-Manila or Bangkok-Manila

airfare pa lang now for all transfers, nasa 40K na lol! wala kasi promo or seat sale man lang kaya wait pa rin ako  ;)

TIA sisses! :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:46:46 PM by leelou »
Life always offers you a second chance. It's called tomorrow.

i_v_y

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2013, 04:34:35 AM »
Im currently on my backpacking SEA trip. I was in BKK for one week for the songkran, then went to Chiang Mai via the overnight train. After 3 nights, I went to PAI  then back to CM after 2 nights in PAI.

I am currently in CM and will stay here for another 3 nights then I will be heading to Chiang Khong which   right across the Laos border. From there, will head to Luang Prabang - Viang Vieng, Vientiane then bus to Hanoi. Land travel from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh. Then Pnom Penh to Siem Reap then back to BKK . From BKK will go to Koh Samui. Then Langkawi, Kuala Lumpur, Sinagpore and Bali. Then back to BKK to fly back home.

ohcmon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »
Sisters, ano ba pwede kong puntahan within eight days? 'Yung kakayanin sana ng land travel lang.

i_v_y

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #258 on: August 16, 2013, 05:36:32 PM »
^ based sa experience ko, for a great start off, start ka sa bangkok.

Bangkok 2 nights
Siem Reap - 1 night
Pnom Penh - 1 night
HCMC - 2 nights

yung 2 araw mo, ilaan mo sa flights mo. Or you can also start sa malaysia, spend one night there and do an overnight train going to bangkok.

whatswithjuly

• photography newbie, traveler wannabe and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i left my heart in busan
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2013, 04:42:33 AM »
please suggest blogs (pref pinoy blogger) who has done Hanoi, Laos, Myanmar route. I don't know the correct route yet. late 2014 pa naman pero research lang para pag may promo fare..book na. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.