Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 23 OCT 14
Accidentally get super glue on your skin while finishing a home project? Soak it in acetone and wash with soap afterward.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Recipes for DORY FILLET  (Read 143195 times)

jellybeans_verycherry

• prettiest
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • your online accommodations site
Re: Recipes for DORY FILLET
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
I love this! will try some of your recipes. Fave ko pagkaluto ng Dory Fillet yung sa cookbook Kitchen.. :)

jellybeans_verycherry

• prettiest
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • your online accommodations site
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 01:23:44 PM »
Finally tried this..

Here's my recipe

Baked Cream Dory Fillet
Season fish with butter, salt and pepper, basil, rosemary and thyme. then grate cheese on top.

Perfect with honey mustard sauce!

Another one:
Season fish with salt and pepper, rosemary and thyme (fave kasi ni hubby may rosemary and thyme), din in beaten egg, din in crispy fry then fry until golden brown. I used butter instead of oil, dont overcooked na butter para di masunog.

Perfect with honey mustard sauce too! Pero for this second one may sidings na ako na mixed vegies with corn para di dry lunch namin.

**i forgot the calamansi and/or lemon!** first time to try this and ok naman cya. Ill use lemon next time and try it with breadcrumbs.

Mas nagustuhan nila yung second one that i fried,

khriseeee

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 12:39:29 AM »
my favorite way to cook any fish fillet is to mix hers de provence with olive oil to make a paste. Salt and pepper the fish fillet and then rub the paste into the flesh. Leave the fish to marinade 10-15 mins.

Heat up a non-stick pan with a dab of olive oil and sear the fish. Once I flip the fish over, I sprinkle fresh lemon juice.

I like to pair this up with couscous and a light salad.

It's a very healthy and yummy meal =)

traveltechie

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Shop 'til you drop!
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 10:32:23 PM »
Just bought Cream Dory from SM (Cold Storage yung brand).  I think 4 big pieces yun for Php195.  Okay na ba yung price na yun?  Or are there other places where I can buy from na cheaper?

I'm looking forward to trying out the recipes posted here!  Thanks mga sis! :)
IG: yourfabfindsonline

marssie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »
Yay! success!.. was able to made creamy dory fillet.. pinaghalo-halo ko mga recipes dito hehe.

Fish preparation:
1. marinate fish sa lemon, with salt and pepper
2. frying pan, put olive oil then roast yung garlic and ginger (la lang sobrang gusto mawala ang lansa ;D) sa olive oil then REMOVE na siya. then fry yung fish 2mins each side then transfer sa baking pan.

for the sauce:
melt butter then add minced garlic, then add cooking cream and cheese add salt and pepper.. ( i also tried using the carbonara ready mixed na sauce mas yummy siya, but since it was may last packet na kaya i tried this other version nalang and it came out yummy din naman). Pag okay na yung lapot niya itop sa fish and make sure na nacover ng sauce ang buong fish.. then garnish some herbs and parmesan cheese..

then bake for 20 to 30mins.. done! :)

Starlust

• Island Girl
  • Super GirlTalker
  • iMeow
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 08:12:41 AM »
Girls, how do you thaw dory properly? I have trouble with it and parang nagiging mushy durog durog yung fillet :(
"Give a girl the right pair of shoes, and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

jaiaquino

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Aching to be a full time mom to my Mckenzie Bianca
    • McKenzie's Little Shop
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 01:12:03 PM »
i just let it thaw in the fridge. we bring it down from the freezer the night before para mag-thaw in time for dinner.

bigdadis_girl

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
super love dory fish plus affordable pa, buti na lang came accroswith this thread lagi kasi steam luto ko sa dory or breaded dory with mango salsa, will try the baked one today :) 

peachtraveller

• GirlTalker
  • no. 1 galaera!!!
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2010, 11:06:13 AM »
mga sis i need your help...

where can i buy cream of dory in wholesale? will use it for a birthday, i need 5kilos...

berna15

• GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2010, 02:08:13 PM »
fave namin cream dory. pero sabi nun isa doctor madumi daw cream dory fish, dont know if its true
dont let the things you want make you forget the things you already have.

kalurkey

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 01:03:58 PM »
Si nice to be reading all your recipes for cream dory...
It is easy to cook since its not thick...I just pop the fish into my toaster oven..haha...
I marinated it with lemon juice, salt and pepper or magic mix...oil the tray of the toaster and just put in the fish..dont even have to turn it over. When its done , i placed a piece of cheese single on it and viola, instant ulam for my kids...

ImNotBoyImCocoy

• Mang Inasal Adic
  • Probationary
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2011, 02:27:24 PM »
Try nyo po to ^_^
Dori katsudon

ingredients

for dori tonkatsu

2 pcs dory fillet
salt
pepper
flour
2 egg (scrabled)
bread crumbs

for katsudon sauce

1/4 knor cubes
100ml Water
1/5 tsp katsubushi (ground bonito flakes)
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Hon-Mirin (Real Mirin)
2 tsp Sugar
1 stalk onion leaks (slice thinly)
1 onion whie (cut into quarters)

season salt and pepper on both side of the fish. then coat it in flour next coat the fish again in egg then for the last time coat it in bread crumbs.
next deep fry them until golden brown. put it aside in a plate with kitchen tissue so the oil will be soaked.

in a small sauce pan
dissolve the knor cubes in water in low heat until disolve add soy sauce, mirin, sugar, katsubushi and onions, turn the heat to high until the sauce bubbles add the dori tori tonkatsu in the sauce pan and pour the remaining scrambled egg in the sauce pan add the onionleeks. if the egg is cook the its the time to eat it.

masarap sa kanin sorry sa grammar hirap mag english ehh ^_^

port80*

• a proud baby-wearing, cloth-nappying momma!
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my travel blog
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »
Subscribing! Halos puro fillets lang ang fish na nabibili dito sa amin kaya this thread is very useful for me.  Have to look for Dory though kasi yung mga na-try namin before malansa.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.
~ Robert Louis Stevenson ~

http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/port80/

bubblebath

• Probationary
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 02:18:09 PM »
Share ko [textspeak!] din yung dory recipe ko.

I coat the dory fillet with flour and I fry it. for the sauce, saute chopped onions and red bell pepper in butter then I put cream tapos I season it with Magic sarap and pepper. Instead of Rice, sa pasta ko cya nilalagay. Super creamy yung pasta.

chardonnay

• Inspired
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • There is nothing else!!!
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 04:18:17 AM »

I dunno pero ang dali kong maumay sa cream dory pag fried. Yung 1 piece nga sobra pa sa amin ni hubby. I read na pede sya isigang. Question is okay lang ba na yung fillet ang isigang? What I saw kasi is hindi deboned yung fish. Thanks!
LiFe Is Not AboUt FiNdiNg YouRseLf, It is AbOut CrEaTing YourSelF!

browbeater

• Junior GirlTalker
  • RealPinoy.ph
    • RealPinoy
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »
I love this thread. Cream Dory became a staple in our freezer about a year and a half na.  Thanks sa Pangacius breed, which (vietnam export-mukhang dalag or hito) is relatively cheaper compared to most fillets in the market, we can afford to have boneless fish anytime.  Its not malansa and does not have a rich flavor to it which is good for Pinoy taste.  Were not too adventrous to robust flavors lalo na pag bago or di natin kinalakihan yung klase ng isda/karne.  I really agree that this fish needs kalamansi. Kapag walang kalamansi walang lasa kasi nga fillet na ito at kadalasan nasa tinik at balat yung flavor. 
RealPinoy.ph   Pinoy ka ba? Magparamdam ka!

lexi_girl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2011, 01:40:26 PM »
^kamag anak nga siya ng hito, sis. Kaya di siya visually appealing hehe.

^^sis, di kaya madurog pag isigang mo? Siguro you can steam it instead or saute it with oyster sauce and some veggies nalang.

chardonnay

• Inspired
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • There is nothing else!!!
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2011, 02:18:14 AM »
^ Oo nga, saute na lang siguro..tagal na nya sa ref hehe baka mag b-day bigla :D
LiFe Is Not AboUt FiNdiNg YouRseLf, It is AbOut CrEaTing YourSelF!

lexi_girl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2011, 01:02:43 PM »
^masarap din pala siyang gawin lumpia, sis. Boil mo muna then flake then saute with veggies for the filling then wrap with lumpia wrapper then fry! Sarap with sweetchilli sauce.  :)

jaded1025

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 05:10:29 PM »
Very helpful tong thread na to since I love cream dory.

More recipes pa.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.