Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 02 OCT 14
Involve yourself in your child’s life by inviting his friends over for a playdate. While you’re at it, invite the mommies of his pals as well
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Recipes for DORY FILLET  (Read 142370 times)

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Recipes for DORY FILLET
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 01:51:31 PM »
i squeeze lemon, put oilive oil (or butter or both), italian seasoning, a little salt and pepper, and mc cormick pesto powder. this one can be baked or steamed

anjoelina

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 06:19:22 PM »
Try seasoning the fillets with salt, pepper and squeeze some lemon or kalamansi juice over them. Place them on a Pyrex dish then pour Bechamel Sauce over the fish and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Bake it until the cheese melts. Yum!

jaiaquino

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Aching to be a full time mom to my Mckenzie Bianca
    • McKenzie's Little Shop
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »
yum!!! more recipes for dory! yey!

jaiaquino

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Aching to be a full time mom to my Mckenzie Bianca
    • McKenzie's Little Shop
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 08:41:28 AM »
we tried this last night and it was yummy! it's like fish tempura...

you just need egg whites, japanese breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. salt the fish a bit, din in beaten egg white, din in breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown. DO NOT deep fry. just use enough oil to prevent it from sticking to the pan. kung non-stick, i guess pwedeng wala na.

for the sauce, you can make your own tempura sauce with light soy sauce and radish, tartar sauce, mayo with pickle relish or garlic butter which we had last night.

wickedlovely

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 10:21:52 PM »
baked cream dory
-rub some salt, pepper, basil and add parmesan or quickmelt cheese. squeeze some lemon on fish before eating- yum!

hi sis, how long ang baking time niya?

mizteaza

• Shopping is my passion
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Knock! Knock!
    • Or so i thought
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 09:44:59 PM »
you could actually make fish and chips with dory. season it with salt and pepper tapos dip in flour, then beaten egg and lastly sa bread crumbs either the japanese bread crumbs or the ordinary one. deep fry lang. for the dip mix mayo+mustard

ms_kitkat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 10:29:13 AM »
i cooked seafood chowder last holy week using creamy dory, veggie balls, corn kernels, red/green bell peppers and mushroom soup. sobrang sarap! :)

mikey_mouse_219

• Super GirlTalker
  • life is full of surprises!
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 01:59:04 PM »
you can use the fish fillet sa fried rice too. here's how it goes:

Ingredients :
150g dory fish fillet, cut into 1″ x 1″ cubes
1 pack of mixed veggies (corn, carrots, peas)
1-2 eggs, beaten
cooked rice
1 tbsp. of minced garlic
1 onion, diced
1/2 c of cooking oil
1/8 c of oyster sauce
salt and pepper

Cooking procedure :
Season fish fillet cubes with salt and pepper. Heat wok or skillet.
Add  1-2 tbsp. of cooking oil. Cook scrambled eggs and chop coarsely, then set aside.

Add the rest of the cooking oil to the skillet or wok. Heat to smoking point. Fry fish cubes until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.

Pour off excess oil. You only need about 2 to 3 tbsp. Saute garlic and onion. Add mixed vegetables. Stir-fry over medium high heat for about 30 seconds. Add the rice to the vegetables, breaking up any lumps. Stir in the oyster sauce. Stir until rice is heated through. Return the chopped eggs and fish cubes to the skillet or wok. Season with salt and stir to distribute eggs and fish cubes. Turn off heat. Stir a few more times and serve.

I tell you, ang sarap nito! ;)
Being a mom and a wife are the biggest responsibility i have...

But heck, I'm loving it!!!

meixin

• Probationary
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 03:50:32 PM »
I have another baked dory recipe. My parents and brothers love it when I cook this, hope your families love it too. It's really yummy and easy to do

Preheat the oven to 200degrees Celcius. First, pat dry the thawed cream dory fillets. Rub the 2 sides of the fillet with a little calamansi juice then rub salt & pepper. Not too much though because you only need a hint of it. Then mince some parsley then mix it with a small tub of sour cream (i prefer the blue one i think its nestle if i remember correctly). Then spread a little of the sour cream mixture at the bottom of the pyrex dish so the the fillet could rest on top of it. Place the fillets then pour the rest of the sour cream over the fish. Make sure the fish is completely covered by the sauce. Dot the fillets with a little butter and bake for around 20-30mins. (you don't need to cover it with aluminum foil). Then its ready to serve.

alna

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Random Ramblings
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 04:21:44 PM »
thanks for the posts mga sis... dont forget the calamansi or lemon juice step. i think it brings out the flavor of the dory fish, and sa mga matatanda they would term this as "nakakawala ng lansa"  :)   
God doesn't play dice with the universe - Einstein

lexi_girl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 04:32:45 PM »
did you know that dory is a relative of the catfish.. its also ugly looking like the hito hehe! a little trivia lang  ;D

i like my dory breaded and deep fried with my home made teriyaki sauce ala tonkatsu. pag may left overs, i serve it for breakfast tapos palaman sa pandesal along with the sauce and lettuce. yum! ;)

mommyjo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 07:18:11 PM »
will try the baked dory recipe tonight... yum!

chup_18

• Little K Crafts and Design
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 05:04:47 PM »
let me share my very-easy dory recipe:

place dory in a foil and put the ff:
a drop of olive oil (optional)
a pinch of salt and pepper
lemon/calamansi juice
rosemary
a pinch of 'sinigang mix'

bake it in 120-130 degrees in covered foil for 30mins. yum! :)
Love for papers and crafts =)
http://littlekcrafts.blogspot.com

chelao

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2010, 05:08:03 PM »
wow! ang gagaling naman ng mga recipes nyo, especially the baked ones, hindi pa sya fatty! I'll try them pag naka bili na me ng dory uli.

For me naman, I deep fry it. Simple lang. Pahid small amounts of salt and pepper on dory. Tapos dip it in japanese tempura mix. Deep fry it and voila~ For dip, you can use anything you want. Actually kht [textspeak!] masarap sya since may natural sweet taste naman ang dori.

tinapay

• baklang
  • Super GirlTalker
  • registered seller #129
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 08:01:04 PM »
another variant of baked fish fillet (i always use the dory fillet on these):

baked fish with cream of mushroom:
1. season fish fillet with salt, pepper and calamansi (this is an option since di naman malansa yung dory fillet. and the first time i cooked this, sumobra ata calamansi ko kaya na-overpower nya lasa ng cream of mushroom). put in baking dish then set aside.
2. mix cream of mushroom with water (i use cream of mushroom in can), just a little water para lang di ganun kalapot.
3. pour the cream of mushroom in the baking dish.
4. bake for about 20-30mins or until fish is flaky when forked. (remember to preheat oven para mas madaling maluto).

baked fish with cream cheese and mayo (got this recipe from homecookingrocks.com)
1. season fish with salt and pepper.
2. fry fish, half cooked. put in paper towels to drain excess oil. set aside.
3. saute mixed veggies (corn, peas and carrots - yung frozen pack) in same oil. set aside.
4. mix softened cream cheese, mayonnaise and grated garlic (or minced garlic).
5. place fish and mixed veggies in baking dish.
6. spread the cream cheese/mayo mixture on top (and bottom) of fish.
7. bake for 10mins or until the top portion turns into light brown.

blockbuster samin yung may cream cheese.  kahit wala akong mixed veggies, yum pa rin ;)
To make a mistake is human. To make it obvious is katangahan.

Cafe @ Tinapay

cher.liman

• verdadera muneca
  • Super GirlTalker
  • NATABUNAN NG PM!
    • Word for the World
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2010, 08:46:42 PM »
Mga sis where can I buy Dory Fillets in Makati area? Wala ba siyang after taste? Thanks!

jan888

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 11:22:35 PM »
^Any supermarket like SM or Rustans will have that.

ms. independent

• PRODIGAL DAUGHTER of GT and a moody
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • First Time Entrepreneur
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2010, 01:45:58 AM »
may nakita ako sa lifestyle net:

sa foil:
maglatag ng fresh spinach
place cream dory on top
add minced ginger and garlic
add soy sauce and olive oil (wine optional)
close the foil and bake or steam...

before eating, you can squeeze lemon on the dish..

i love cream dory. hindi kase malansa. as in walang after taste. ni wala nga tinik.
Whatever you give a WOMAN, she's going to MULTIPLY.

Give her a SPERM, she'll give you a BABY.
Give her a HOUSE, she'll give you a HOME.
Give her a SMILE, she'll give you her HEART.

Give her a CRAP, you can expect a ton of s***.

m@m@

• a kikay mom :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »
yung cream dory ba yun yung nabibili sa grocery na super frozen? so if imamarinate need i thaw ng husto before marinating?

betty

• happy, enthusiastic, energetic
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2010, 04:21:46 PM »
yes sis

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.