Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 01 NOV 14
Need a quick makeup fix? Use a tinted moisturizer to keep your skin fresh-looking when you're tired.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: hermes  (Read 93093 times)

friedfish

• GirlTalker
Re: hermes
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 12:38:12 PM »
sabster:pls. pm me some of your "for sale" h bags :) thanks

superBag

• GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2009, 12:44:46 PM »
nyay! 100-150k nga ang diff sa ibang H stores just as i expected :(
for sure pati mga accessories eh x2 LOL

vhanya

• goDdess and L0VeR
  • Super GirlTalker
  • not just your ordinary girl c",)
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 02:19:16 PM »
oo malaki nga diff ng price dito compared to paris. a 35 birkin in togo cost 400k lang dun. dito 550? wag na ano. e di yung 150k, plane ticket ko na yun tsaka pocket money to paris hehe

sabster

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Sabster
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 02:57:58 PM »
Correct. Paris is really the cheapest.

vhanya

• goDdess and L0VeR
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 03:04:41 PM »
and you dont have to wait for a year or two when buying in paris. you can just go inside the store and buy the one on display or in stock hehe.

sabster

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Sabster
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2009, 03:22:22 PM »
and you dont have to wait for a year or two when buying in paris. you can just go inside the store and buy the one on display or in stock hehe.
Problem is, if there us one on display or in stock. also airfare might be cheap nowadays BUT the real problem when you get there is accomodations and food. Now, thats expensive. Don't tell me you'll just go to Paris to buy an Hermes and leave the next day ..

vhanya

• goDdess and L0VeR
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 04:32:02 PM »
well not really and usually naman madami silang stocks said my friend who bought sa store mismo. about going to paris, if you can buy an hermes, then definitely, you can afford the lifestyle to go back and forth diba? =) say, you go on vacation twice a year to europe. then you have the option to buy an hermes twice a year lols!

prisma

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »
Some of my super rich friends go to Paris just to pick up their Hermes orders. ;D

vhanya

• goDdess and L0VeR
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 04:56:14 PM »
sis prisma, me kakilala rin akong ganito =) besides, if you can pay 550k for an hermes here, why not go to paris and have fun for even a week diba? =)

pinktopaz from multiply sells hermes and other brands. in fairness, ok prices nya. an hermes 35 birkin in togo costs 400k din sa kanya =)

poshgal24

• Super GirlTalker
  • I love you my beautiful angel--see you in heaven.
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 06:43:06 PM »
^sis sabster yup, I remember it vividly coz I asked to hold the bag and when I asked how much, parang ang sabi nung SA  P280 thou---nagulat talaga ako! :o
"I love witnessing something so mysterious and perfect...so perfect that you cannot have it" -- MJ

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 10:20:06 PM »
VHANYA -- yes, Mother knows best -- whatever floats your boat, go for it.

Now, that LINDY --I was so excited when I got my Rouge ; and shortly thereafter -- the euphoria went poof!  For me, it is an inconvenient bag.  I need to use 2 hands to open the zippers on either side (or I am just a klutz?).
IF you want to roadtest one, before deciding to buy -- you can do so with mine.  Basta Ortigas, Makati or Greenhills areas lang ha.   :)

VHANYA -- as for the ostrich --  once a round part of the leather popped off mine, I got kinda traumatized LOL -- so I sold it to a BFF who wanted it badly inspite of the popping-off.  Sabi ng ibang friends ko ganon daw the ostriches -- some of the rounds pop off.     

If you walk into an Hermes store and you are willing to pop US$10thou (more or less, depends on taxes and rentals?)  for ANY color/leather of Birkin35 (regular leathers ha, not the ostriches, crocs, etc)  -- you have a good chance of owning one.  (Flash your Platinum card!  Read Tonello's book -- very amusing.)

But well, for me -- I gotta get the color I want or I can stand it to say:  nyet! to a Birkin35.    So there, if you choose a color -- be ready for an average 1.5year wait.
I am not gonna pop that amount for what the HK Hermes store offered me last time -- as per my atrevida niece:  yuck!  "brown poop" color.  So there.
All good things come to those who wait, sabi ng MIL ko.   :D

As for Birkin owners or aspirers -- let us not judge.  Whatever floats your boat, live and let die, etc etc etc.   
My sole advice for Hermes/expensive bag owners:  use your bags like there is no tomorrow.  (as FASHION ADDICT stated:  when the flood waters rise, will you cry pa over your bags?) 
Bugbugin to an inch of dying.  LOL   
I bugbog my Birkins, and other bags (oo, kahit na Rustan's grocery bag -- no escape from me) -- sure, bugbog kita kasi bag ka eh (alangan naman bugbog ko my  driver or husband. LOL   malamang hindi papayag) 

flowergirl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 12:40:49 AM »
Hi sis Aqua.I LOVE your convincing power. ;D
I learned so much from you pagdating sa usaping BAGS.

Im just curious.Do you have hermes birkin crocs?.Kung meron pls share naman info about that bag.TNX.. :D

Work Mode muna. :)

vhanya

• goDdess and L0VeR
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 12:54:32 AM »
sis aquacharly, i got to roadtest a lindy. its so light! well, compared to a birkin. that's why i want a lindy. baka masyado ako excited to hold one kaya di ko napansin the inconvenience?

haven't been to the paris store but a friend told me OK naman daw colors you can choose from. o baka swerte sya that time pumunta sya? she got the orange swift 35 birkin in silver HW. swerte! hehehhe. but i want a black one. para i can use it every weekend. low maintenance =)

you are so lucky to get an ostrich! and you are so right about using your bags hanggang mabugbog sya. i make bugbog my bags din. sayang pag naka store sa closet. wala naman mkaka appreciate sa closet diba? pero very durable tlaga LV, hands down.

next purchase (sana) next yr. definitely abroad. i want to go to paris. but if i'm there, baka maubos money ko sa goyard and LV? no more na for an hermes. hay buhay.

may chance kaya to get hold of a birkin or a kelly dito? sa dami ng tongressman wives (and mistresses)?

sis flowergirl. i wouldn't be surprised if aquacharly has a croc birkin =) pero yang croc birkin (o [textspeak!] dagdagan pa natin ng diamond HW) yan, di ako bibilhan kahit may milyones ako left and right (front and back lols). ibig sabihin, kahit nakahiga na ako sa pera. i made a promise kasi hanggang togo or clemence lang leather. =)

is it true? sabi daw, its easier to buy a croc hermes with diamond HW than just a croc birkin in palladium, gold or silver?

fxy111

• Junior GirlTalker
    • weekend workshop
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 09:15:12 AM »
in paris,tyempo tyempo lang ang birkin.i saw a lot of hac s,kellys,lindys pero walang birkin although you can ask the s.a. if there's a birkin available.

if you're in paris by chance, you can order from the flagship boutique and then pick it up in hongkong when it's ready.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 09:17:02 AM by fxy111 »

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2009, 02:06:03 PM »
VHANYA, hands down -- the Lindy is lighter, younger-looking and technically, has more bugbog-potential than a Birkin.  It is easier to carry around sure, but ... ewan ko nga baka I am just a klutz kasi ... it takes me 2 hands to zip up any side. 

Road test mo 1st before you buy.
When you are in a rush, and you need 2 hands to zip it open/close -- big hassle yan eh.

Mine is in Clemence leather... good for a slouchy bag, not good for a Birkin (if you are orderly and always arrange your stuff inside  your bag the same way... LOL, a Clemence Birkin will sooner or later show on its exterior the outline or tumbok of  for ex., your make-up bag.)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 02:48:25 PM »
Wala pa akong croc Birkin.
O sige aminin, I have a standing order for a black one.
  (but no diamonds... buy na lang ako ng condo uli kesa ganon)

My MIL said she will buy me one too if I give her another grandkid.  LOL!  Last time I looked, hindi naman ako oink-oink just popping out kids.
Atchaka what will I say?  Anak, Hermes pangalan mo kasi I conceived you with the end objective of gettiing my greedy hands on a croc Birkin?  LOL

After Ondoy, hindi naman ako na damage or what.... but, pinagiisipan ko talaga if when that call comes --  patulan ko pa that black croc Birkin35.  (Yes, VHANYA & FLOWERGIRL -- I myself buy with my own funds my bags.  Hubby gifts me now and then, but well --- a wife can abuse a husband only so far.  LOL)

For those who want to get hold of a Birkin -- the best thing is, when you walk into a shop and you can't get hold of one right there and then.... buy some thing... a scarf, a wallet wahtever... and flash your Platinum card, and ask to be put on the waitlist of orders.   State what you want.  Sooner or later, they will get around to calling you with what you ordered, or something close to it.

Strategy ko. lahat ng puntahan ko na Hermes store, lahat nang relatives and friends ko who go to Hermes stores, -- I or I ask them to put my wish list on every waiting list na papayag.

If you get hold of say your ordered black and another store calls to say your order is with them na.... do not worry.  Do not turn it down.  Someone here will want to get if off your hands...

fashion_addict

• Is putting her make-up on while busy being a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm noxious...
    • The Beauty Junkee
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 03:45:27 PM »
sabster: omg. 8M??? hahaha..ka-presyo na ng bahay! LOL :)

well, for one, may silbi din naman pala ang hermes when resold. dun sa mga afford, go lang, may kikitain rin naman pala kayo.

aquacharly: yes, if ever i have my birkin too, I'd use it like there's no tomorrow! gagawin ko pa yang gym bag! hahahaha. :)

so at least kapag inanod, i'm comfortable knowing na nagamit ko naman siya ng husto.

or better yet, get a condo unit then store your bags there before the floodwaters rise! hahaha. :p

and if ever i'm going to buy a birkin when i start earning lots of money, i'm getting one for my mother. it's her dream bag. :)

sabster

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Sabster
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 05:17:13 PM »
in paris,tyempo tyempo lang ang birkin.i saw a lot of hac s,kellys,lindys pero walang birkin although you can ask the s.a. if there's a birkin available.

if you're in paris by chance, you can order from the flagship boutique and then pick it up in hongkong when it's ready.

My friend was just there last month. Absolutely no birkins in regular leather just exotics with diamond HW. By the way HAC is also a birkin its just a diff shape and size.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »
Dec. 15 is the opening date.

Do not expect to snag a Birkin35 on opening date.  Unless you pre-ordered, and the top staff was able to get it for you in Paris.  The shopping for the opening date is done already. 
What can be done is, have your order listed on the wait list...cross your fingers, and wait.  Hopefully, you aren't waiting for Godot.   :)

sabster

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Sabster
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »
 Me and my purse friends are going to the opening :D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:48:25 PM by sabster »

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.