Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 24 SEP 14
When expressing discontent in your relationships, try to cut the dramatics and present it as a problem that needs solving. Guys will often understand and appreciate
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: What will you say to your younger self? let's say 10 yrs?  (Read 28121 times)

Kady_14

• Nanay ni Abudayday at Kutchikoy!
  • Super GirlTalker
What will you say to your younger self? let's say 10 yrs?
« on: October 01, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »
That makes me 17,  college freshman.   :D

"Gurl, is this really what you want? follow your dreams. Trust your guts. "

Don't get too serious with love, you're still young.

trendy

• Proud to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Be happy...life is good!!!
    • My ETSY Shop
Re: What will you say to your younger self? let's say 10 yrs?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:40:49 PM »
i like this one...kala ko ako lang yung nagd-dream na sana makausap ko yung younger self ko kasi ang dami kong worries nun.

eto lang ang gusto kong sabihin: "stop worrying. everything will turn out the way you want them to." :)

ilovezach

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
^ nice sis. Almost the same tayo  :) Sakin naman, "dont worry, you fared well"  :)

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 07:59:12 PM »
Don't worry too much about your future, everything's gonna be alright...

Let go of that guy. He's going to hurt you over and over ..you'll soon find the one who's gonna love you more than you've ever imagined...

Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

spacemonkey

• GirlTalker
    • you're a nosy sonovabitch, arentcha?
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 11:11:32 PM »
to the 15 year old me:

"no, he's not the guy for you. he'll end up jobless and ugly in 10 years."

"you're a writer and an artist. keep on the track you're at. no matter how many times people tell you to do otherwise, keep at it."

"don't stress about your grades. if you fail, don't think its the end of the world. don't let school teachers get the best of you. often times they're wrong."

"go out. live on the edge. move from place to place to find yourself."

"do films earlier because thats what you've always wanted. don't wait 6 years to get crackin'. do it NOW."

"yes, you will fall in love. don't rush into it. it'll just happen."

"also, Linkin Park is NOT cool."

MisCalculus

• Senior GirlTalker
  • SuNnY Came HomE...
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 11:34:17 PM »
akin:

- "fall in love" (cheesy!hehe)

- "go out more often"

- "learn the value of hardwork. it's not everyday na meron sumasalo sa yo. matuto kang dumiskarte sa buhay"

- "be good to your father because 10 years from now, you won't see him again" :(

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:37:33 PM by MisCalculus »
"One day you will wake up and there won't be any more time to do the things you've always wanted. Do it now."

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 11:38:46 PM »
don't let your emotions get the better of you. take advantage of the opportunity cus you're very lucky to have been given that.

stay away from freaky psychotic stalker-type architects

krnmprl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 07:55:24 AM »
don't be too sad, you're going to be fine.

take care of your family.

twinkle belle

• Go! Go! Go!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 09:11:54 AM »
save. save. save. at least 35% of your current salary. you wouldn't know whose life you can save with that savings.

don't worry too much! i am veeeeeerrrrrry sure you will be happy.  ;D
You find it offensive?
I find it funny.
That's why I'm happier than you.

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »
i was 15 10 years ago so:

-drop the footlong. you already had one after breakfast and right before lunch.

- it doesn't hurt to study. huwag puro chismis at gimik.

- that guy you're stalking? he is in fact, very ugly. okay, that doesn't turn you off. let's try this- he's actually a butch. yes, those are not man boobs. those are boobs. (whatever! nothing works with you!)

- dance, sing, paint, create. you're still young. 10 years from now, you'd want to do all that but you won't 'cause you won't have the time or the money and you'll be busy with the sims.

- take bs psychology. close your eyes, take a deep breath. forget about your fears and just dive.

- spend more time with your friends. as if you're not already doing that. but more. more. more. because you'll miss them like crazy someday.

:P

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Never judge a book by it's genre.
    • My Adventures in Finding Mr. Right
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 12:25:32 PM »
Dear younger me,
You are much stronger than you actually believe you are. Never let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do. Believe in yourself more because you're the only one who can decide for your future. It's okay to be afraid. It's not courage if you ain't. Don't try to please people because you can never please all of them all at the same time. Don't worry about that zit on your chin and those blackheads in your nose because nobody ever notices them anyway. Don't be too self-conscious when you go out on a date because chances are your date is too nervous himself to even notice what you are wearing. Don't be afraid to laugh at yourself when someone points out that your zipper is open. It's not the end of the world. And that guy who's going to break your heart when you turn 17? Don't worry, he's not the last guy you will love. And you'll find out that he really is a douchebag. You're not the only one who will say so.

But whatever happens. Trust yourself. Never doubt what you believe about yourself. The only opinion that matters is yours. So live your life to the fullest. Step out of your comfort zone. Do something crazy every day. Never tell yourself that what you are isn't enough because it is. You are strong. You are smart. You are courageous. You are beautiful. You are charming and lovable and deserving of all things that are good.

Love,
Your older you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:38:09 PM by luisacart »
*WHEN YOU'RE FALLING, DIVE!~~

isobel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 10:13:46 PM »
That means I just turned 18   :)

hehe, ako yata pinaka-situation-specific and hindi ganoon kalalim, but here goes:

"Stop! Don't bother worrying about your friend ******* and looking for her sa mga kakilala mo kasi hindi rin naman siya pupunta sa party. Don't you dare call your crush din kasi hindi niya kasama yun, even though she specifically said na sasabay siyang pupunta with him. Mapapahiya ka lang sa sarili mo and you'll feel ridiculous. Forget about her and enjoy yourself completely. Six or seven years from now naman ay mauuntog ka na rin at malalaman mong hindi talaga matatawag na kaibigan yang babae na yan!"  ;D  ::)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 10:15:26 PM by isobel »

riandrew

• Super GirlTalker
    • No Spam, No Virus, No Kiddin'!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 11:49:38 PM »
the 15 year old me

im proud of you, di ka nag-give in sa mejo may pagka-manyak mong ex-bf! bravo!  ;D
travel - resorts - hotels - staycations - buffet
http://www.chyngreyes.com  |  http://instagram.com/chyngreyes

caterpillar-girl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »
Dear younger me,

-  CUT.YOUR.HAIR. It will be one of the best decisions of your life.

- Just cause you were smart in high school, does not mean you are going to be smart in college. You will be amazed at just how smart everyone seems to be in college.

- Also, just because you are school smart, does not mean you are life-smart.

- It's such a huge world out there. Really. You will meet other boys and other friends.

- Don't be stupid and shallow.  Just because he's fat now, does not mean he will be fat forever.

- You WILL fall in love.

- Learn how to sleep well. You will need that when you get older.

- DON'T stop writing.

- Stop the unnecessary drama. Things WON'T turn out the way you expected them to, but they WILL turn out fine.
"Like a bird on the wire / Like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free."

~lovesick~

• proud to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 05:53:05 PM »
-Love yourself.
-Pray a lot.
-Love your family.
-Love God.
seize the day :)

shoutingwind

• Spreading the Love
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Coz I'm happy ...
    • A B & Me
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 05:59:34 PM »
"you'll get hurt, big time! But you'll get better, you'll fall in love again. You will still be happy"
F2B: PD 15 NOV 2007

www.abandme.com

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »
Be wary of people who pretend to be angels and victims cus they may be the most manipulative people you'll ever know. You will meet one person who will pretend to be your bestfriend and who will talk all good things to you but will betray you and gossip about you behind your back. Beware of this person because you will not be the only victim.

jezamae

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 08:03:29 PM »
don't worry. you have a good and happy life ahead
Sharing our stories can also be a means of healing. Grief and loss may isolate us, and anger may alienate us. Shared with others, these emotions can be powerfully uniting, as we see that we are not alone, and realize that others weep with us.

Kady_14

• Nanay ni Abudayday at Kutchikoy!
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 12:17:11 PM »
^^^I was on a one week leave... and now Im cracking up on all your posts. Keep them coming sisters.    :D

caeca

• GirlTalker
  • hates having to make inane posts
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 04:23:28 PM »
i would tell the 17-year old caeca to:

1. grow out your hair. you look like a chunky little boy, not a pixie.

2. don't despair about being fat. ten years from now, you're actually going to have a slim waistline.

3. the really good looking teenage boys are also usually the most vapid. don't waste time feeling bad because he doesn't like you. he's stupid. you're not.

4. appreciate that your body is functional. walk more, run more, dance more, get more physical activity.

5. just because gummi worms say "no fat", doesn't mean you can eat limitless amounts and lose fat.

6. stop trying to fit in and just appreciate your originality. you're a weirdo, life's good. carry on now. :)
Before and After pics, fitness, training, nutrition, and food for thought. http://eatingforfatloss.wordpress.com/

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.