Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 30 OCT 14
Are you an emotional eater? Help yourself out by removing tempting foods--like your favorite snacks--from your fridge or pantry.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: How to Help / Things you've done to help the victims  (Read 25827 times)

isobel

• Super GirlTalker
Re: How to Help / Things you've done to help the victims
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2009, 02:39:21 PM »
donated old clothes to the youth organization at our church and sent money to red cross. i'm planning on further scourging through my closet for more clothes to give out and buy groceries para naman sa relief goods drive that has been set up in our office and another in my instructor's shop.

earl223

• Boy Malaria
  • GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Just another guy
    • Earlsgames Production
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2009, 07:27:29 PM »
- The San Beda College Alumni Association of the United Arab Emirates, thru the initiative of its president and membes, have initially sent 100 balikbayan boxes of donations from companies throughout Dubai.  These boxes were sent thru LBC (for free) and will be received both by ABSCBN Sagip Kapamilya and San Beda's own relief operations.  We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the foreign companies who unselfishly donated goods, all the volunteers who helped repacked the goods, LBC for providing free shipping of boxes, and to McDonald's UAE for providing meals to the volunteers.

- Dr. Frances Perez - a psychiatrist - is offering free consultation for victims of Typhoon Ondoy. Her clinic is at Rm. 1210, Medical Plaza Bldg., Amorsolo cor. Dela Rosa Sts., Legaspi Village, Makati City. For appointments, call 0917-5314156.
>  AnakNgTeteng!! Studios - Flash Game Development at it's finest.

cream_puffs

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2009, 12:52:45 PM »
kahit victim ako, nagdonate ako ng old clothes namin after malabhan at matuyo. :)

tboupt27

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2010, 06:38:11 PM »
nagdonate din ako ng mga damit at mga sapatos na hindi ko na ginagamit. sayang naman kung nakatambak dun at least pag dinonate ko may makikinabang na iba.

for3ver

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2010, 06:57:11 PM »
i donated clothes and food din, though our family is a victim too..

longing

• Junior GirlTalker
  • My Princess
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
we've been badly hit by Ondoy as well but we donated clothes to our neighbors. I was in-charge as well on the outreach program at the office.

ShopaholicInMakati

• GirlTalker
    • Soleliloquy Shoes and Bags
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2010, 09:54:50 AM »
Hello mga sis, I've been reading posts from this thread but only decided to post something myself today... I lost my dear brother and our very loyal househelp when Ondoy hit Provident Village. My brother is 41 years old and was a very good swimmer, but he got trapped at the ground floor trying to save their belongings and vacciness (his business). It is very heartbreaking and I don't think I my family will ever get over this, but our friends and his friends were very very helpful to us that our gratitude is beyond words. My brother's wife also made donations despite everything that happened, and we hope to help the other victims as well so we can give back all the help that we received during the difficult tragedy.
Fashion fades, style is eternal

http://instagram.com/sole_liloquy

rhed

• Senior GirlTalker
    • The Adventures adn Misadventures of Mrs. Panda
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2010, 05:02:47 PM »
im sorry about your brother sis

we were badly hit by ondoy but we lost material possessions.. not a loved one.

lapit na naman rainy season,pray pray

u8mypinkcookies2

• GirlTalker
  • $їмplу $мa$нїи'
    • Munchy Crunchy
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2011, 06:08:48 AM »
Where can we donate old but still usable clothes for the typhoon victims? Wanna donate kasi.. Sana somewhere in Makati or Fort area :)
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate & chocolate truffles. ♥

ilurvepeanutbutter

• GirlTalker
  • |i♥peanutbutter|
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »
We donated clothes at the DSWD Center in NAIA for the victims of the recent typhoons :)
[ ☮ ❤ ☺ ]

ilurvepeanutbutter

• GirlTalker
  • |i♥peanutbutter|
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
I think they also accept donations in Mercato Centrale since last weekend.
[ ☮ ❤ ☺ ]

fpnc_2983

• Probationary
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
donate canned goods t victims

mdanica07

• your sis next door...
Re: Typhoon Ondoy: What did you guys do to help out those who are in need?
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »
^ Wow! God Bless you  :)

I would love to be a part of any medical mission kaya lang ang layo ko naman  :(
Its so heartbreaking for me na I cant do anything   :'(

Same here sis  :(
Praying deeply to HIM for all the victims.
Stay strong my Kababayan
***** if you have it, FLAUNT it!

BabyCristti

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »
Our family had donated a lot of clothes for the victims.

axlrocksmyworld

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2012, 06:05:23 PM »
i dunno if this is the right thread to post this, i wanted to donate sana yung mga old clothes namin for theTyphoon Sendong survivors via TV5 coz sila ang pinakamalapit sana sa amin as in malapit lang when i called their office ang sabi ba naman saken iderecho ko na lang daw sa dswd kasi sa dswd din naman daw ang bagsak ng mga dinodonate sa kanila, PERA na lang daw ang tinatanggap sa kanila via deposit (ba yun).. eh hindi ko naman kasi alam pasikot sikot sa novaliches hindi ko alam kung saan ang dswd dun.. kaya lang naman din kasi ako tumawag muna is to inquire kung what time sila nag oopen or if open ba sila pag sundays..

badcoverversion

• GirlTalker
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
This is old thread pero I'll post anyway. The other disaster that affects both the calamity victims and relief volunteers are seemingly useful  but  are actually useless donated stuff from well intentioned citizens.
Please do not send stuff (old clothes, bottled water, bedsheets, etc) sa mga org. Please give MONEY instead to your favorite charity like Red Cross, AbsCbn or GMA. Kahit 50 pesos lang malaking tulong na iyon. Sila na bahala bumili ng supplies. 100% magagamit unlike pag goods, baka inenok lang ng corrupt people (marami sila na ganun). Mas effective ang pera.
Clothes. ARRGHHH!!!
Kung pupunta kayo sa warehouse ng malalaking foundation, you'll discover that they have  a "used clothes" problem. They fill up the storage space.
I know it is tempting to give old clothes kasi it's the easiest and most handy tsaka it gives you an opportunity to spring clean your closet pero it adds to the bulk sa relief efforts. Ang hirap pang i-sort nun. Merong mga loko nagbibigay ng uniforms, Americana, wedding gowns and batman costumes. Give your clothes instead sa Caritas Segunda Mana in Pandacan or Salvation Army in Leon Guinto. They will sell your clothes and proceeds will go to various projects. Or organize a garage sale or sell them to second hand stores then send money to your favorite org.
It costs a lot to ship them. Yung Sendong, maraming taga Manila ang nagpadala ng clothing to Cagayan and Iligan. Kahit nagmagandang loob ang LBC and gave discounted sum for freight services, it still cost a lot to ship them. Then what happened? Yung clothes na pinadala nakatambak at nakakalat lang sa kalye, sayang naman yung effort ng LBC. Di nila priority mga damit. Nawalan na nga ng tirahan, binigyan mo pa ng basura.
Noodles, canned goods
Paano nila kakainin yun kung wala silang lutuan tsaka abre-lata? Tapos iba-iba pa yung brands and sizes. Yung isa nakatanggap ng Spam tapos ako CDO lang. Give them to soup kitchens instead.
Shoes
Paano nila malalaman yung sizes ng recipient? Binigyan mo pa ng problema mga volunteers. Do that pag walang calamity, pag may extra time and surplus of volunteers.
I've seen comforters na nakakalat sa kalye right after matapos yung Ondoy. Mga donated daw yun. Paano nga nila lalabhan at patutuyuin yun?
Kung ano lang ang hiningi yun lang ang dapat ibigay. If they asked for 2 gallons of water, don't give 5 gallons thinking na mas malaki mas mainam. Don't sneak old stuff like bags (buti sana kung maganda) or dirty toys. Pero money pa rin ang ibigay.

iammaria

• GirlTalker
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »
frankly speaking, rescuers are wasting their time helping the victims that shouldn't be. why in low lying area sila ang una na sasabihan to evacuate, tabing ilog, sila ang nauuna din, but they still dont listen, kahit force evacuation na ayaw padin nila. instead na ma help ang mga true victims, natatagalan ang rescue operation

yhenggi

• GirlTalker
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2012, 10:57:37 PM »
i agree makukulit yung iba tapos mga magrereklamo na di nakakarating relief goods sa kanila e nasa dulo sila ng walang hanggan although yung iba is may reason naman sobrang sikip ng rellocation area

lonelymiss28

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2012, 11:24:50 PM »
-we donated money pag may disaster sa ibang country.
-pag may mapapanood akong show sa tv sa pinas, i will find them in facebook and send the money directly to them. (although there is this one family from jay tarucs show titled "mga batang kalabaw from 2008" and i tried to e-mail him and he didn't reply. i wanted to give something to that little girls family.)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.