Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 20 OCT 14
Don't blame heavy traffic or "Filipino time" if you're late for work. If you really want to be on time, make the effort to get up
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Fake marriage for greencard/citizenship  (Read 8651 times)

pretinnes

• It’s a blessing in the Sky to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Fake marriage for greencard/citizenship
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »
i have a cousin na nag fix marriage din para makapunta ng US ang kapitbahay nila na super close sa family...2 years pa lang silang kasal. pero my cousin is boyish and wala naman bf so ewan ko ano plan nila.
Been there been that, come, lets join us.

Lady Czarina

• the perfect nobody and a certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • magical me!
    • My Pensieve
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2011, 02:18:14 PM »
^yung tita ko naman tibo sya pero sa canada na kasi sya galing non, canadian citizen na sya tapos nag fixed marriage sya para makakuha din ng greencard.

LadySarah

• Probationary
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »
how to pm you, aquacharly. i have questions but not about marriages. ty. ty.
When you get married in the US to a US citizen...
     After the marriage is filed.. the US Citizen spouse files so that the non-US citizen spouse gets a work visa and gets legitimacy to stay plus another document so that the petitioned spouse can travel in and out of the US (should circumstances for work or personal emergencies warrant such)

Thereafter, BEFORE 2 years have elapsed -- the US citizen spouse files a set of 3 documents.. so the spouses are interviewed separately BEFORE the 2 years are up... and if Immigration is convinced it is a real marriage -- 
the petitioned spouse gets a TEMPORARY GREEN CARD  (actually it is pink colored hehe)  which is good for 5 years

After 5 years,  the petitioned spouse gets a PERMANENT GREEN CARD

A potential problem is IF the petitioning spouse DOES NOT file the 3 documents within 2 years... there lies the danger... the spouse supposed to be petitioned can be deported...

If anybody here is interested in more details on the above.. I will dig my files and be more precise with the documents required.  PM me, i may forget to get back to this thread.

If anyone here intends to fake it ... please don't.
There are other ways of getting a green card... 1 is to be employed by companies that employ a lot of foreigners.. sanay sila to get work visas, and then after a couple of years with them..they work for your temporary green card.

Romina

• Olivia's (woof!) mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 11:09:48 AM »
After going to college there in the Philippines, my friends eventually found out that i'm a US Citizen because right after graduation eh I came back here na. I never told any of them, my dad kasi is may pagka antipatiko sometimes, he told me never to brag it or else people will be clinging on to me, lam nyo na. I have a very makulit friend na super crush ko before, asking me to marry him so I can bring him here. I thought about it, pero the hassle and time that will be wasted, wag nalang. He said he'll give me their land in Mindoro and as soon as he finds a job here as a nurse, then all of his pay will be mine. No thanks. I have my own land in the our country and I earn more than enough. He tries to make me feel guilty by saying na madamot daw ako, selfish etc. by the way, i have a coworker who's white, and was offered by an illegal alien $100k to marry him. So they drove all the way to Vegas and got married. It's been half a year, they live together pero I think she's starting to love him na.
Paleolithic lifestyle :)

ghichy

• Pretty GaL
  • GirlTalker
  • Baby GhurL
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »
i know a few that still does it pero hindi sila nagpapabagad usually their just close friends.
"i just love being ME"

wicked_18

• GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2012, 01:48:28 PM »
I just want to know what are the requirements?I have a gay friend who's willing to go through it with me just so i can stay here and I read all your posts here about the reqs.we have to live together and prove that we're married but what else?would we need to show some money to prove that he can provide for me?

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
^ You must prove that the marriage was entered in good faith, it's not just about having the same address and 'show money'.  Yes, there are poverty guidelines and the income should be a certain level above that.

From the USCIS website:

' You also must meet certain income requirements (whether you are a sponsor, a joint sponsor, or a substitute sponsor). You must show that your household income is equal to or higher than 125% of the U.S. poverty level for your household size.  (Your household size includes you, your dependents, any relatives living with you, and the immigrants you are sponsoring.) '

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.