Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 24 OCT 14
Do you have blemishes on your face? Try making a paste out of blended pineapple and carrot. Apply it to your face for 15 minutes, then
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Fake marriage for greencard/citizenship  (Read 8689 times)

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
Re: Fake marriage for greencard/citizenship
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 05:54:22 AM »
^Yup, I wish them the best too....if it works for them. That's good, but the bad thing will be those people who have honest relationship. The process will be more tighter. :-\
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

disappointedgal

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 09:17:48 AM »
some people are THAT desperate talaga, cant blame them din naman, s sobrang hirap ng kalagayan nila s pilipinas kahit ano kinakapitan n lang.

@lyn: kami what we do is introduce people to other people n lang, i mean if they click oh diba nakatulong pa sa kapwa..  ;D
im a proud dog momma..

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 10:01:59 AM »
^That's a good idea. Although, all my girl friends here are either have a bf or married already. Both of them are in different states, if one of them came in my state it's just to pass by. They just called me up for time to time for catch up. But I'll do that next time someone ask me, maybe one of my friends knows any single friend. :)
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

krispie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 11:32:49 PM »
Ako, IMO lang ha, I wont even introduce people to others who are also searching..Unconsciously siguro pwede but yung may purpose malamang hindi. Why? Kasi minsan  may ugali tayong mga Pilipino that if something goes wrong ikaw ang binabalikan kahit wala ka namang kinalaman dun..hay!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:36:24 PM by krispie »
i don't tolerate obnoxious gizmos..i know my limit.. i know when to end..

melanzana

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 12:57:11 AM »
Just don't do it, because karma is a you-know-what.

twentysomething gal

• It's great bein' a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 06:10:40 AM »
Just dont do it!
^amen to that!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:24:30 AM by twentysomething gal »
SUPERBLESSED!!!

twentysomething gal

• It's great bein' a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 10:39:28 AM »
I suggest that this thread be closed/archived. it is not in line with GT's purpose of sharing relevant information - rather it may even contribute or encourage someone to do the act. I noticed that some of us may have inadvertently  divulged some information that encourages others  to go about doing the CRIME.

Lalo na ngayon we have to be really careful as the US govt is cracking down on illegal immigration. A hot topic that we do not want to mess up with by documenting that Filipinos are somewhat guilty.

Mods, Please delete this thread. Thank you.
SUPERBLESSED!!!

carolskitot

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 11:20:32 PM »
naku di lang sa amerika nangyayari yan, kundi dito rin sa australia...

Romina

• Olivia's (woof!) mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 03:27:11 PM »
my cousin and i went to the customs and border protection office here in atlanta a week ago. it's because mali yung naistamp sa passport nya when she got back from her cruise. nways, while waiting for the officer to call her name, 2 other officers were discussing about this indonesian lady who married an indo-american while still married to another man. syempre kasi gusto nya makapunta dito sa us. they've been married for 3 years na ata. bigamy, fake marriage and stuff. basta andami nyang cases. and talagang desidido ang mga officers na matimbog sya and send her back to indonesia.

just sharing. 
Paleolithic lifestyle :)

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »
Speaking of the topic, I finally met someone who came to the U.S. via a fake fiance set-up. They got married, lived together for a while, and divorced after 3 years. Now they are both happily married (not to each other) and have kids. They're also STILL friends. It's not personal daw, it's business. <Jaw dropped>.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 11:41:03 PM »
When you get married in the US to a US citizen...
     After the marriage is filed.. the US Citizen spouse files so that the non-US citizen spouse gets a work visa and gets legitimacy to stay plus another document so that the petitioned spouse can travel in and out of the US (should circumstances for work or personal emergencies warrant such)

Thereafter, BEFORE 2 years have elapsed -- the US citizen spouse files a set of 3 documents.. so the spouses are interviewed separately BEFORE the 2 years are up... and if Immigration is convinced it is a real marriage -- 
the petitioned spouse gets a TEMPORARY GREEN CARD  (actually it is pink colored hehe)  which is good for 5 years

After 5 years,  the petitioned spouse gets a PERMANENT GREEN CARD

A potential problem is IF the petitioning spouse DOES NOT file the 3 documents within 2 years... there lies the danger... the spouse supposed to be petitioned can be deported...

If anybody here is interested in more details on the above.. I will dig my files and be more precise with the documents required.  PM me, i may forget to get back to this thread.

If anyone here intends to fake it ... please don't.
There are other ways of getting a green card... 1 is to be employed by companies that employ a lot of foreigners.. sanay sila to get work visas, and then after a couple of years with them..they work for your temporary green card.

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »
My mom's friend offered to pay my brother 5k for fake marriage way back in 2000. Ayaw ng brother ko kase mas macho pa sa kanya yung anak ng friend ng mom ko.

I would never agree to this had I been single and kahit bayaran pa ko ng malaki. There's just so much risk.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

misao

• Just a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Can't we all just get along?
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »
mahirap yung ganitong setup. sa case ng cousin ko, yung mom nya nagpakasal sa us citizen, hindi naman fake or fixed. so nakasama silang minor children dito. kaso inabandon sila ng mom nila, sumama sa dating boyfriend. hindi pa sila nakakuha ng green card. naiwan silang magkapatid dito.

nilaban nya yung case nya kasi nagbabayad naman sya ng taxes, legal naman silang nakarating dito sa u.s., etc. ang lumabas sa investigation, fake yung marriage ng mom at stepdad nya. ayun, yung ate nya nagpakasal na lang sa boyfriend para maging legal. eh sya, gay so wala syang magagawa. just the other day, he received a letter of deportation.

grumpybear

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2010, 05:35:43 AM »
^ang sad naman nyan. Napaka-selfish naman ng nanay nya.

Lady Czarina

• the perfect nobody and a certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • magical me!
    • My Pensieve
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 03:45:24 PM »
buhayin ko lang tong thread na to..

my aunt is planning na ipa-fixed marriage ako, kaso hindi kami sa us magpapakasal dito sa pilipinas..she'll bring her friend pag-uwi nya at magpapakasal kami.. di na rin bago sa kanya to kasi sya mismo ginawa nya na yun ang purpose ata is to have a dual citizenship (canadian citizen na kasi sya).. i am so confused nagtatanong ako kung ano ba gagawin ko ska i'm worried kasi i'm 26 na..hello sa tagal ng process nito baka naman di na ko makapag asawa talaga..i know what she's doing is for me din naman, i'll have a better life pagdating ko dun. my aunt is a lesbo kasi so everything that she owns today will be mine when the time comes (lam nyo na...) hays i'm worried, can't think..

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 03:56:06 PM »
^ Yoiu do not need to be a US citizen to own nor inherit properties in the US.
Actually, yun magiging reason mo nga to  get a visa later on .  Teka, may US tourist visa ka na ba?

Marry?  haynako, this is for those na dead na dead na dead talaga manirahan sa US.  Think it over well.  IF you do not have the skills to get a good job there, kelangan mag aral ka uli doon.  Otherwise, you will just be working for your expenses and rent. 

Lady Czarina

• Senior GirlTalker
  • magical me!
    • My Pensieve
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »
^wala pa rin akong visa sis, di pa ko nakakalabas ng bansa..

isa pa rin yung problem ko, my skills, kahit siguro puro american ang bosses ko eh iba pa rin ang skills na hinahanap nila pag andon na..she really wants me to go there na asap..kapag nakakachat ko lagi na lang "don't do anything stupid i'm counting on you"  >:(

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2011, 07:45:17 AM »
i know this does exist, i know some din reto reto, reto reto is fine with me pero yung faking a marriage, i have my morals padin. personally i have a US citizen boyfriend and if everything goes well, eventually we'll tie the knot, ngayon palang sinabi ko na nga sa kanya i'm getting as much experiences i can get here coz when i plan to work overseas anyway (not US ha) before we met, then things changed, now i'm thinking of how to get a nice job there, i mean i am even planning on taking US boards if given the chance. what i'm pointing here is tama mga sis natin dito, you can go there fairly easy but to live there lalo na ngayon na retro, kind of hard. boyfriend even tells me its hard to find a minimum paying job there nowadays. another thing, since me and boyfriend have plans, i've heard they are very strict right now, in short pati mga tunay na nag aapply for fiance visa which we plan to kasi mag mabilis for me to get there nahihirapan din. its very hard to be apart with the one you love, and it kind of sucks that just because some do that other legit applications are also affected. i'm not here to judge anybody but would it be better if you do something that you wouldn't end up being a burden to other people. just saying.

vain_kixie

• Super GirlTalker
  • * shoe addict*
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 11:01:09 AM »
At the end of it all, you'll end up with either you fall in love with the person you'll marry (unless he's gay) kasi imagine you have to live with them for 3 years. Or you'll end up not having a greencard kasi ng divorce na kayo.It's not worth anyone's morals and values to get married just to get citizenship kesho pa nagugutom ka  dito sa pinas.
*dont buy anything you can get for free*

Lady Czarina

• Senior GirlTalker
  • magical me!
    • My Pensieve
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2011, 10:22:54 AM »
i won't do this, i can't talaga.. as in sorry na lang for my tita pero i can't do this and after all the things i've read here.. my gosh thanks to all your views.. i really can't.. sabi ko nga kahit babysitter na lang ang maging work ko dun kahit ano basta wag ang fixed marriage..besides tapos ako ng caregiver baka makatulong yun sakin..

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.