Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 01 AUG 14
Nix the patterns and go for solid colors when you choose pants--they make your hips and backside look smaller.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Fake marriage for greencard/citizenship  (Read 8279 times)

nailart

• GirlTalker
Fake marriage for greencard/citizenship
« on: September 23, 2009, 06:05:24 PM »
i was wondering if people still do that and how much is the on going rate now a days? just curious hehe  :D

madhel

• net addict! and a
  • GirlTalker
  • i get what i deserve
Re: Fake marriage for greencard/citizenship
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 06:14:44 PM »
^ sabi ni john lloyd sa IML, USD 20,000 daw :)

isha

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 09:32:23 PM »
^haha oo nga napanuod ko din yunü sorry not helping hehe

krispie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 10:08:55 PM »
I think it is still happening. And yes, I think it ranges from $ 15 - 20K.The thing is you have to be really ready for any outcome. Matinik kasi ang U.S. Immigration.
i don't tolerate obnoxious gizmos..i know my limit.. i know when to end..

juana_antonia

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 05:44:47 AM »
Yes, my cousin London-bound, spent almost a million din.  Last year pa to, andun na siya ngayon.
\"There is NO perfect man or perfect woman in the world, only  PERFECT LOVE... built together by an imperfect man and an imperfect woman.\" -soulmate

superpam

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 02:20:39 AM »
yeah its really expensive, here are the things you need to consider 1st you have to show US mmigration that its real, how do u do that? Like having holidays with your future partner, meeting the in-laws in the Phil or somewhere else, so you have to shoulder all the expenses for that.. and i also heard that once you are married and immigration is doubtful about the marriage they check on the couple at the marital home and ask questions like, which is your partners underwear drawer? or which side of the bed do u sleep in? naturally a real married couple would know these.

i think its still being done, i don't condone it but hey who am i to judge.
runner.rebel.stunner.

chocolatefever

• H.R.H.
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • No Day But Today!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 10:49:20 PM »
i've heard pinoys in the U.S. talk about this.

scary lang, not only because baka makatunog ang USCIS, but also if you do not know your "spouse" that well. once you are married, you own half of each others' assets (unless may prenup); and what if you want a divorce and he/she won't agree to one unless you pay alimony. Tricky!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. - Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

disappointedgal

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »
i remember when somebody suggested this to me, $10K... ngeks??? 10K lang... you need to invest maybe 3yrs or more bago k makawala s ganitong situation, i dont think na worth it ang ganitong set up.
im a proud dog momma..

krispie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 06:05:26 AM »
well if the price you have to pay to stay legally is 3 years then some people would agree on that.. Tutal the way i know it, depende naman sa "couple" yun e. They could still have their respective relationships naman since they are not a couple after all...its too risky lang talaga.

twentysomething gal

• It's great bein' a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:12:53 AM »
totally hate this! Kasi kahit sa ibang bansa dinadala natin ang ganitong ugali, yung dinadaya ang sistema. This has severe consequences, and there are a lot of people who are more than willing at hindi magdadalawang isip to rat you out to the USCIS. Ang alam ko may reward pa ata sila sa informant kapag naprove nila that the marriage is really fraudulent.

Nakakaawa lang yung mga taong totoong mag-asawa who are going thru the process and they are suffering the consequences - the goverment is coming up with all these additional requirements, tighter rules and higher fees to prevent fraud.

pag may nakaalam both of them are probably going to end up in jail, and for sure the petitionee will be deported and banned for good. And of course, there will always be the Karma that will haunt them.

so far, wala pa akong nakikilala na umunlad ang buhay nila dito sa US after doing this. Kasi after ng marriage, magddivorce kagad sila and this raises lots of questions, paperwork, fees, and all in a purely complicated life.

to answer your post (sorry, nakakainis lang kasi talga e) yes, it is very rampant. the price varies, [textspeak!] iba nga libre if they are doing it as a family favor.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 09:25:58 AM by twentysomething gal »
SUPERBLESSED!!!

neugierig

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 07:51:58 PM »
3 years ba talaga?  my officemate married a filipina and she got her green card in a little over 1 year.  another officemate got a russian mail order bride and her green card took less than 2 years. 

of course, in their case, 'love' talaga ata un since both couples are still together.
i'm not a 'sis'

krispie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 12:24:22 AM »
^ Bro, I think what you are talking  about is the approval of getting a greencard. Please take note that ,usually, the "initial greencard" being approved is only valid for 2 years and you have to renew it again. Upon renewal you,again, you will prove that the relationship is still strong and ongoing if not, maraming paperworks or worse there is a possibily that hindi ito marenew.

Actually what twentysomething gal is saying is partly true, IMO. Dahil alam ng USCIS na rampant yung ganitong situation and because of this pahigpit sila ng pahigpit and the ones who have a "real" one is nadadamay. And I guess what is worse is pati yung reputation nating mga Pilipino, which is may mga parteng di na nga kagandahan eh mas na pro-prove ng ibang lahi na totoo..sad but true :(

neugierig

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 12:43:12 AM »
oh i see.  thanks for the clarification.  i don't know the details eh.  and its too embarassing to ask. hehe
i'm not a 'sis'

disappointedgal

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 07:39:10 AM »
i only said 3yrs kasi kadalasan yung 1st greencard ng mga newly weds n nagpetition is only good for 2yrs, so atleast kailangan niyo pa rin magstay together para marenew at maging valid for 10yrs yung next greencard diba.

ayoko din talaga ng ganito coz nadadamay yung mga talagang nagpapakasal because they love each other.. mas ok p nga ako s "reto-reto"  ;D

ang masaklap pa talaga kadalasan kapwa din pinoy ang nagsusumbong s USCIS ng mga ganitong situation, kasi nga may reward.
im a proud dog momma..

twentysomething gal

• It's great bein' a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 08:09:47 AM »
^ totoo yan dissapointed gal. Yung friend ko na ginawa ang ganito (fake marriage), hindi talga kanakaibigan or sinasabi yun sa ibang pinoy. Kasi hindi mo alam ang motive. nung nanghingi nga samin ng support letter (that would say na mag-asawa talaga sila) tumangi kami kasi ayaw naming madamay. Baka kasi pag nabuking sila pati kami sabit pa. Marami kasing tsismosa dito. Ang unang itatanong sayo pagdating mo dito e kung pano ka nakasalta sa US. tapos sandamakmak na tanong pa kung anong status mo. Hay.
SUPERBLESSED!!!

krispie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 11:45:15 PM »
You can say that again twentysomething gal. Parang di alam ng ibang Pinoy and ibig sabihin ng "privacy" no.. ha ha. Hindi ko naman maintindihan kung bakit ganon. Will it make a difference?

Going back to the topic (at baka ma-o.t. ako) - until now meron pa rin ganitong set-up and the last i heard may kasama na yata minsan na monthly allowance pa yung payment.

kutingpie

• le fabulous, bipolar & certified
  • Super GirlTalker
  • living creepily ever after
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 11:59:50 PM »
Medyo weird but our family friend's sister and their brother in law are 'married' abroad. [textspeak!] sister kasi was married to a briton kaya naging citizen..naging biyuda. Ewan ko kung bakit ganun ginawa nila setup. Maybe kailangan magwork abroad ni BIL kasi maliliit pa mga kid.the true wife opted to stay here for the meantime.

We're all water from different rivers, that's why it's so easy to meet.
We're all water in this vast, vast ocean, someday we'll evaporate together ~ Yoko Ono

★♥ѼREAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★♥Ѽ

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 03:26:39 AM »
Are people THAT desperate?

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 04:32:35 AM »
^I guess some people are. It exist aint it?

Yeah, its still going on. Though wala akong kakilala na ganito ang set up. May friend akong lalaki at another bro ng classmate ko ask me if may alam ako na available US citizen na pweding bayaran para ma ok status nila dito. I got scared when they ask me this, ayaw kong madamay nito. And I told them so, I know one of them is back in Pinas bec his contract is done and will be going to Canada next. Dont know what happen to the other guy.
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

krispie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 04:57:55 AM »
Vera - Yes, some people are desperate. Dahil na rin siguro sa hirap ng buhay sa Pinas so once they get here, they dont want to go back anymore.

Lyn - Ive known some who have this kind of set-up and what more can I say...but wish them the best of luck :)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.