Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 20 AUG 14
Are you forgetful? Write things down and keep lists to organize your life better.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: all about VAGINAL SUPPOSITORIES  (Read 206219 times)

Lei_Glee

• Pretty wifey and certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • To strive to seek to find & not to yield
Re: all about VAGINAL SUPPOSITORIES
« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »
Iamreese,
Sis right from the moment you were diagnosed with an infection pwede ka na take supp.basta wala kang mens kasi mahirap ipasok yung supp pag may menstrual discharges ka pa.hope that helps!

Sis so bloo,
Naintriga ako sa ginawa mo sis tama ba pagkaintindi ko half of the supp lang pinasok mo then you tried to expel it din? Sis kung di napasok yun no effect yun for sure mali ang pinasukan mong butas. We have 2 holes kasi dun yung mali ay yung rectal hole, pag dun napasok super sakit na parang di pumapasok talaga ang supp. The correct whole ay yung isa sa opening ng cervix. Pag rama naman di naman masakit. Try to consult an ob sis for your discharges. Stay healthy!

Candi,
You're welcome sis!

Mizzybebs,
Sis baka di maayos pagpasok mo ng supp. Urinate before ka mag supp. Place mga 2 pillows under your pelvis para naka-angat. Push the supp until kung saan mo kaya. You can hold the opening of your vagina for a few minutes para di lang lumabas supp. Basta i-angat mo pelvic mo muna i do that for a few hours hehe! Ok na yan sa morning may feeling of hottness and wetness lang but nkawork na supp nun.
I SUPER UBER LOVE GIRLTALK!

andromeda02

• Probationary
« Reply #321 on: October 07, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
Hello girls,

Im thankful may ganitong forum to talk about things like this.
I'm 22 and last year I'm diagnosed with pcos bilateral. Kaso andami ng nangyare sa buhay ko hindi ko na naipagpatuloy ang check up. Then kahapon (saturday) nagpacheckup na ako about my pcos. But I have another concern which is my itchy vajay so chineck na din ni Doc and she found out I have infection and I've got warts. So andame ko tuloy problem ngayon.

1. pcos - currently taking duphaston para magka-mens na at magpapa-tvs ultrasound pa.
2. infection - nag pap smear na me pero after 2 weeks pa ang result. and she advised me to use Neo penotran supp. which is 2nd night ko tonight.
3. warts - niresetahan ako ng pagkamahal mahal na aldara cream! Php 376 ang napakaliit na sachet tapos 3x a week pa. sana lang effective.

Haaaayyyy...  :(

LadyAnn

• Probationary
« Reply #322 on: October 09, 2012, 12:36:06 AM »
Hi mga sis, sorry bago lang ako dito.. funny I couldn't find the post button kaya click ko nalang ang reply para makapag post ako ng question ko.. I just have one question... I am having a white stuff, mejo buo buo sya minsan, pero hindi naman sya smelly and not itchy as well, Parang white blood lang sya but it bothers me... You think Neo-penotran will heal it or do I need to see a ob gyn? I just had my pap smear 2 months ago and I was clear, this is no infection or something like that. Your sincere opinion will be appreciated :-) God Bless us all...

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2012, 07:16:06 PM »
Andromeda,
Sis yes just continue using aldara cream for your warts and the supp. Very effective yan when used correctly.

Ladyann,
Sis kung you do not feel itchy sa vagina, no smell or anything baka discharge lang yan because fertile ka? It is a sign of fertility. Papsmere results kasi are pretty accurate.

zherowhanthwo

• ANGELICFACE
  • GirlTalker
  • :))
« Reply #324 on: October 24, 2012, 10:53:46 PM »
hello girls :)) i'm on my 4th albothyl tonight. I'm wondering why others feel itchyness and pain (mahapdi) in using albothyl? because me either do not feel any pain while using this sup. ibg sbhn b nun? ndi sya umeefect ? :((

candi

• GirlTalker
« Reply #325 on: October 25, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »
Sis what kind of infection do you have? Last time I had yeast infection, my second OB gave me Albothyl pero di effective. Then I consulted my original OB, she gave me Canesten and it is effective. She said that Albothyl isn't for yeast infection/chlamydia.

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »
Zeherowantwo,
Sis it is working for you naman kasi ob mo nagbigay. Others siguro are more sensitive to the painful feeling, hotness sa loob ng vagina pag may supp na iinsert.

Candi, 
Tama sis albothyl is for bacterial infections.

marie_1810

• Probationary
« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2012, 04:38:26 AM »
girls please help me... how do i insert Gynomax..? do i cut out the triangular part from the rectangular thing or do i insert everything? need your help ASAP....PLEASE!!!!
It's my first time using this... help please

denise01

• GirlTalker
  • kaloka na..
« Reply #328 on: November 23, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »
 >:( sis may something bad smell pero hindi siya makati what does it mean?
denise_01 :>
hopeless

Lillyanne

• GT was MY board!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I still check my inbox, y'know =)
« Reply #329 on: December 08, 2012, 03:00:31 PM »
hi there, just a caution to those using Neo-penotran. this vaginal medication contains Lidocaine, a type of topical anesthetic. Some women are sensitive to lidocaine, exhibiting symptoms which include inflammation and burning or itching inside the vagina and external genital area.

make sure to inform your doc if you have known sensitivity to lidocaine and similar anesthetics.

my obgyn says the burning sensation is to be expected in the first 3 insertions in first time users of neo-penotran, but i am still not happy. i requested my obgyn to replace it (i'm trying Gynomax now) when i got the above symptoms 7-8 hours from insertion. woke up in the morning feeling as itchy as hell, like someone sprayed chili water on my private parts!

since this is a mixed infection (i am premenopausal and my hormones are crazy fluctuating) she said i need a different kind of med.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:58:37 PM by Lillyanne »
*  The Universe loves me! It has a plan!  *

Lillyanne

• GT was MY board!
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #330 on: December 08, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »
itching in the private parts, dryness, hives, redness, vague soreness, pain on applying pressure on the vaginal area, abnormally colored or profuse discharge (with odor or odorless), pain during penetration and sex...don't wait! make an appointment with your doc as soon as u can.

once u feel symptoms, it means that an infection has taken hold. MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, IT WON'T GO AWAY ON ITS OWN.

not all infections are caused by sex, but having sex when u have these symptoms can aggravate your condition. if u have no idea what your condition is, have yourself examined. by the obgyn.

*WHILE ON MEDICATION (usually 7 days): whether you are taking the oral or vaginal route, ABSTAIN from vaginal (of course, need i mention anal) sex. to be on the safe side, be CHASTE until after the course of your medication. and yes, it helps to use non-spermicidal condoms for at least two weeks after u test negative for bacteria or yeast (or both). your obgyn will usually request for cultures if this is your first time to suffer a bacterial or yeast (or mixed) infection of the vagina.

*CONCURRENT TREATMENT OF SEX PARTNER: whether or not your doctor requests that your partner take medication, make it a point to SUGGEST this. this is especially important if you have recurrent infections (infection is considered recurrent if you are reinfected in less than 6 months). this is called the Ping Pong Effect. the harmful bacteria get passed between the two of you.

*VAGINAL SUPPOSITORIES. NOT EVERY PU$$Y PILL IS CREATED EQUAL.
if doc changes your prescription to a new drug, buy one or two to try it out first. buying the entire course (7 pills) can be wasteful if, for example, you discover you are allergic to the new medication.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:33:20 PM by Lillyanne »

Lillyanne

• GT was MY board!
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #331 on: December 08, 2012, 04:45:35 PM »
Hi mga sis, sorry bago lang ako dito.. funny I couldn't find the post button kaya click ko nalang ang reply para makapag post ako ng question ko.. I just have one question... I am having a white stuff, mejo buo buo sya minsan, pero hindi naman sya smelly and not itchy as well, Parang white blood lang sya but it bothers me... You think Neo-penotran will heal it or do I need to see a ob gyn? I just had my pap smear 2 months ago and I was clear, this is no infection or something like that. Your sincere opinion will be appreciated :-) God Bless us all...

a good guess...yeast infection. clumpy or stringy, cheese-like discharge, white, odor or no...these are usual symptoms of yeast.

please do not self-medicate. is this a first-time infection? if yes, have yourself checked by an obgyn. you cannot be sure you won't be getting any infections in the future, so you must find an obgyn and establish a firm relationship with your doctor. you can't just swing between self-treatments and visiting any obgyn when something goes wrong. the doctor must be familiar with your gynecological history for the best possible treatment and care.

good luck.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:47:57 PM by Lillyanne »

Lillyanne

• GT was MY board!
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #332 on: December 08, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »
>:( sis may something bad smell pero hindi siya makati what does it mean?

even if you're no stranger to vaginal infections, you must see an obgyn. this is because symptoms may be similar across different types of infections.

bad smelling discharges may indicate several things. it may be bacterial vaginosis (BV) or yeast (candida) or a mixed infection--these are very easy to treat. here's a simple guide to vaginal odors...if it smells like something rotting, or fishy...the culprit is likely bacteria. if there is a slight smell that's not fishy or rotting but nevertheless abnormal for you...what u have may be yeast or a combination of  yeast and bacterial infection. don't ignore it because if it's still there after 3 days, then an infection has taken hold and the odor will just become worse. this is only speaking from experience. only an internal exam (doctor takes a mucus sample inside your vajayjay) can give you a clear answer.

it may be something as harmless as an irritated vulva because of a reaction to chemicals in hygiene products. did you change your vaginal soap or wash? how about tissues or toilet paper, or your sanitary pads? avoid scented pads and go for breathable, unscented cotton pads.

i'm not paid by modess, just to be clear, but modess cotton pads are the safest for your private parts, infection or no.

on the other end of the scale, an STI short for sexually transmitted infection--this is if you are sexually active--may begin silently (no irritation, no pain, no discharge) but an odor could point to a condition, nonetheless. your partner may be infected without showing symptoms, and the harmful microbes passed to you without your knowledge. if u have sex with a regular partner, it's a good idea to have him treated at the same time as you. this is to prevent the two of you passing infection to each other, called ping pong effect.

i know guys will hate me for saying this...if wife thinks you're sexually monogamous and she suddenly develops something that turns out to be an STI of a less common kind (e.g. caused by bacteria called chlamydia trachomatis, which does not respond to commonly prescribed azole drugs--this bacteria can be silently passed between partners because it may not show symptoms)...bad bad you. :-)

joking, but there's more to the joke that's worth every partnered woman's consideration. unless you are trying to conceive, protected sex is still the best practice.

not to scare you sis, but you know yourself better than anyone. if what you have worries you, then it's enough for you to see a doctor and get a proper diagnosis.

different medications work for different types of infections. you may be taking something for bacteria when what you have could be yeast, so you don't get well. which means....you can't just rely on the symptoms you have to determine what med is right for you.

go to the doctor! :-)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:08:46 PM by Lillyanne »

Lillyanne

• GT was MY board!
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #333 on: December 14, 2012, 11:45:57 AM »
mga sis any advise sa inyo please ,,,,s result ng papsmear ko last week  is moderate inflammation lang....pero may nrramdaman ako  for a month now n mahapdi at parang may apoy s loob or may sili sa loob ng vajayjay

sis, it looks like you are allergic to the suppositories you are using. request your ob for another medication if the burning sensation persists after the 3rd night of use. in my case, i had that burning feeling with Neo-Penotran. my OB changed my prescription to Gynomax, to which I had no adverse reactions.

secondly, pahingahin mo your vajayjay. nasobrahan na yan sa suppositories. i'm not joking sis ha. your vaginal lining may be irritated na from the chemicals. tell your doctor every reaction you have to the prescriptions.

your doctor has to do something more than keep changing your prescription. ask him/her what you could do to relieve the pain and burning.  don't panic. first, u need to calm down because the pain you have may be partly of an emotional source...meaning, psychosomatic pain.

you can do something on your own to relieve the inflammation of the labia. avoid using soap down there. ask your doctor what feminine wash you can use. also do not wash your privies with a commercial product more than once daily, even if you have a discharge going on. why? being too clean will also irritate your private parts! if you are menstruating and need to clean up during the day, use water only if you have already used a feminine wash in the morning.

external washing will not relieve burning in the vagina. so don't wash more than necessary.

ask your doctor if you can take PROBIOTICS. and this one you can do for yourself: EAT YOGURT EVERYDAY. yogurt and probiotics (the latter u take with doctor's advice okay) contain good bacteria of the lactobacillus family that help your vagina fight infections. these are NOT cures for your condition, but will provide your body with the beneficial bacteria that antibiotics have wiped out.

also consider this. are u sure that the pain is inside the vagina and not in the urethra? have u checked for urinary tract infection? are you urinating well? no discomfort while you pee or after u pee?

Lillyanne

• GT was MY board!
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #334 on: December 14, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »
*** THE KIND OF FOOD YOU EAT MAY PREDISPOSE YOU TO VAGINAL YEAST INFECTIONS! ***

...and while you are undergoing treatment for vaginal yeast, do CUT DOWN, or better yet, avoid these:

1. CAFFEINE - are you a coffee junkie? if you are suffering from an irritation of the vagina (itching, burning) better add this to your food avoidance list. caffeine is a stimulant and it can make that itchy feeling worse.

substitute: CAFFEINE-FREE TEA. tea contains phytochemicals, flavonoids -- antioxidants -- that help your body fight vaginal infections. i personally like ROOIBOS and HIBISCUS. tea does not interact with medications, except with blood thinners containing COUMARIN. avoid GREEN TEA, because it contains caffeine.

2. DITCH ICE CREAM AND PASTRIES. sugar is heavenly food for yeast, so if you keep eating sweet sugary foods, you are also feeding the yeast. starve them by avoiding sugar.

3. GO ALCOHOL-FREE. alcohol and prescription drugs are a really bad mix. the yeast goes into the making of the beer you're drinking, so DON'T ADD TO THE ONES IN YOUR VAGINA.

4. WATCH YOUR CARB, STARCH INTAKE. we can't do without our daily bread (and rice), but it's a good idea to cut down while you are medicating for a yeast infection. are you one of those who take rice for merienda? that rice portion is worth taking out.

this includes junk food (loaded with starch!) and sweetened fruit juices and...SOFT DRINKS, which are loaded with sugar. you're happy eating comfort foods, your yeast are, too. don't make yeast too comfortable in your vagina!

*** HELP YOURSELF BY INCREASING THE FOLLOWING ***

1. water intake. plain h20 8 glasses a day

2, fresh buko juice, plain coconut water directly from a young coconut. 1 to 2 glasses a day while you have an infection going on.

3. yogurt, unsweetened. a cup of curd a day will keep the obgyn away

4. fresh veggies.

ailyn2027

• Probationary
« Reply #335 on: December 14, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »
thank u sis Lillyanne for your opinion ,, nag start  ito sa clitoris hood ko na everytime na may menstual period ako mahapdi at masakit un clit hood at the same time pati yun opening ng vulva ,so i went to my first oby ko ,and ibinigay nya sa akin are Doxycycline capsule for 7 days, Ovestine cream  na wala na man effect sakin  Lactacyd Vaginal Gel for 5 days but after 3 days ko naglagay sumakit ang lower abdominal at naging dry ang vajay ko which is nwla ang discharge ko at umitim pa un labia ...then bcoz of pain on my lower abdominal i went to 2nd oby for second opinion she gave me Canesten for 3 days  at Dacktacort cream for 7days pero inistopped ko kc sobra namula at hapdi after ko nalagay ng 4days at nag feel un skin ko sa labia minora, then Neo penotran for 7 days then Gynomax for 3 days .after Gynomax medyo gumanda ang pakiramdam ko sa vagina opening  but i still have a little pain on my right side lower abdominal  so she did TVU to see inside my reproductive then she gave me Canesten cream  for 7 days so I stopped to use the cream kasi sobra hapdi and again a Canesten 200mg for 3 days that is the time after i had suffering to much pain inside my vajay and opening part untill now...so i decided to go to 3rd oby for 3rd opinion i told to her everything then she did a papsmear then the result was moderate inflammation last week..only she prescribed me a Travocort Cream for 2 weeks i used it for 1day bcos  i have had a period, i will continue when my period is gone. saan ako pwede pumunta na oby na more expirience ng gaya sa akin condition. do i need to test for a colposcopy??? any suggestion , recommendattion  for an oby or opinion  you can suggest please  or sa lahat ng naka expirienced like my condition now....i  appreciate  it   :'( :(

ailyn2027

• Probationary
« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2012, 02:18:05 PM »
thank you Lillyanne , yes i had a urine test no infrction , and urine culture no bacteria result and KUS is cleared.. when i pee no feeling pain...just  on the opening and inside  of my vajay....when i looked at it theres no sores,rash ...also i dont know what is on my clitoris hood that is the my problem was started the skin different than the others skin on my labia minora its become white like nakalbo yong  clit hood  and some skin around labia minora ... i had to  much medication cream and suppository...if  you had read my recent post   ...i dont have had a sex since march2012 untill now  that why i am frustrated and suffering my condition :( hayyys ...  any recommendation  to any of you for an oby  in Manila that affordable consultation fee please.???

amanemisa16

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2013, 12:10:57 AM »
I had my papsmear result yesterday and I have a severe inflammation, nireseta din ni OB is albothyl for 7 days, pero since malapit na yung period ko she suggested na after ko na lang gamitin. hope mawala tong infection, di ko nga malalaman na meron na pala ko nito kung di pa ko nag papapsmear. kasi parang wala naman akong nararamdaman, except sa parang yellowish yung discharge ko. kala ko kasi normal lang yun.

joyahhh

• Probationary
« Reply #338 on: January 31, 2013, 09:18:26 PM »
Para saan po ba ang doxin? Para sa anong sakit?

IronLady

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #339 on: February 06, 2013, 12:16:12 AM »
mga sis, may green na discharge ba talaga pag nagt-take ng gynomax? kasi bago ko resetahan wala pa yun e, nung nagtake na lang ako. parang natirang gamot? lumalabas the next day na..

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.