Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 03 SEP 14
When you read the newspaper in the morning, check out the funnies too--they'll put a smile on your face before you head for work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: CALIFORNIA Thread (LA,San Francisco,San Diego, Sacramento..Anywhere in CA)  (Read 45095 times)

Cardilene

Re: CALIFORNIA Thread (LA,San Francisco,San Diego, Sacramento..Anywhere but CA)
« Reply #200 on: September 30, 2012, 07:55:52 AM »
Moreno Valley, Ca.

I am loving the mornings here na,
temperature is dropping to 54F every morning,...
though it gets really hot during the afternoons,...
F2A: PD June 2009

princessee

« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »
Just visiting here in LB.

Do you happen to know if I can have a prepaid phone line here? Yung tipong wala ng charge sa akin kapag from US din yung tatawag. Meron po ba nun? TIA! :)
here is something elegant in not rushing into things, in fully opening oneself to everything that a moment can hold. Everything is gift.

Cardilene

« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2012, 09:54:24 AM »

Do you happen to know if I can have a prepaid phone line here? Yung tipong wala ng charge sa akin kapag from US din yung tatawag. Meron po ba nun? TIA! :)

Check Walmart or Best Buy,
look for TRACFONE...

;)

dca201

• Theraflu | GuyTalker
  • GirlTalker
  • the milky trance that floats in your mind
« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »

I'd say you visit any AT&T store and get the pay as you go/gophone deal. Wide array of choices for prepaid plans-- $1/day gives you unlimited texts to all networks and to over 100 countries a day and calls to all networks in the US.
So whoever think them words affect me is too stupid. And if you could do it better than me, then you do it.

princessee

« Reply #204 on: October 08, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
Cardilene dca201 Thank you po. I'll check that out later. :)

I'm conquering the Metro Rail today!!! Hirap pag walang lisensiya dito, di makapasyal. Turistang turista  ang dating ko today slash Dora the Explorer. :)
here is something elegant in not rushing into things, in fully opening oneself to everything that a moment can hold. Everything is gift.

dca201

• Theraflu | GuyTalker
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #205 on: October 10, 2012, 07:44:10 AM »

I'm conquering the Metro Rail today!!! Hirap pag walang lisensiya dito, di makapasyal. Turistang turista  ang dating ko today slash Dora the Explorer. :)

You can use your Philippines Driving License here as long as it is not expired and within the validity of your I-94. You can drive.
So whoever think them words affect me is too stupid. And if you could do it better than me, then you do it.

khat

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #206 on: October 10, 2012, 08:06:44 AM »
yay!! can't wait to move in and be back to Cali this coming December,excited!!!

Cardilene

« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2012, 03:39:59 AM »

Do drop by the DMV office, inform them of your Philippine Driver's License,
if you can, PASS the written exam, and they would issue you a temporary license
with a validity of 30 to 60 days.

Good luck,...

princessee

« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2012, 02:24:09 AM »
Thank you po for all the replies. My uncle got me my own phoneline. Naawa sa akin. :))

Anyway, my phone line has this unlimited texting to the philippines service so yehey for that, the problem though is that some of them cant actually reply because of the cost of texting (PI to US) aside from ITXT30, do you know of other promos, regardless of the service provider which they can possibly use? Thanks a lot!

dca201

• Theraflu | GuyTalker
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2012, 04:08:20 AM »
Thank you po for all the replies. My uncle got me my own phoneline. Naawa sa akin. :))

Anyway, my phone line has this unlimited texting to the philippines service so yehey for that, the problem though is that some of them cant actually reply because of the cost of texting (PI to US) aside from ITXT30, do you know of other promos, regardless of the service provider which they can possibly use? Thanks a lot!

Just have your friends in PI text you through your roaming number then you reply using your US phone.

mage

• GirlTalker
Re: CALIFORNIA Thread (LA,San Francisco,San Diego, Sacramento..Anywhere in CA)
« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2012, 09:07:54 AM »
May taga- mountain house / tracy dito? Hehe nasa pinas ako, yung friend ko lang ang taga doon. I am wondering if I can still get there kahit wala akong relatives, lol di ko alam kung anong visa dapat kunin ko pero nagstarat na ako magbasa basa about dyan, siguro sobrang hirap mag-umpisa dyan lalo na kung walang relatives. Start from the scratch. Hehe

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2012, 08:49:12 AM »
I've been to a few major US cities and lived in the Southeast for a few years and recently moved to the Northeast (love the fall foliage), before all of that I stayed in the Bay Area for a few months.  I still would like to eventually settle in Bay Area, I loved the vibe in Palo Alto.   Hopefully California's economic climate  improves soon.

Princess Anne

• A proud
  • Super GirlTalker
  • the best revenge is living well - Jerry Seinfeld
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2012, 03:41:12 AM »
I'm not from Cali, but I've been to LA and San Diego. I love love love San Diego, when we went there, I loved the ambience, di sha kasing busy ng LA, people are nicer than Vegas, NY and LA peeps. The weather wasn't too cold in the winter time (compared dito sa Montreal na sangkaterba ang snow, with -35C temp  :P), then lots of sunshine, for some reasons, it felt like home. I would consider settling there.. next na gusto ko puntahan is San Francisco.. hopefully very very soon.

Longhair

• GirlTalker
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »
Bay area folks, the Paragon Outlet Mall in Livermore officially opened last Thursday. With over 120 stores (& still expanding), including high-end stores like Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth, etc. Sugod na kapatids!
God's answers are wiser than our prayers!

qt_ben17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2012, 02:28:11 AM »
san diego's climate feels more like Phils, it's usually the warmest in california. i always visit my relatives there like every 6 months, naku pag summer ang bilis makaitim ng araw diyan. tutong talaga ang balat ahaha

last week i went to sanfo for a week vacation. im a bit disappointed cuz the city's lifeless after 12midnight,  andami kong napuntahan na starbucks and mcdo they're closed at 9 or 10pm? wtf! stayed in van ness and daly city. tho, maganda ang scenery pag daytime. andaming bridges ha! matraffic din tho walang tatalo sa traffic ng LA haha
eto na naman sila, "mas better" , "pinaka the best"

morbiedoll

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2012, 12:12:15 PM »
^ 405 ftw!

LA traffic & drivers are the worst. lol. I drive to reagan [textspeak!] of work and there's just no way around it  8)

dca201

• Theraflu | GuyTalker
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »
^ 405 ftw!

LA traffic & drivers are the worst. lol. I drive to reagan [textspeak!] of work and there's just no way around it  8)

I feel you.

princessee

« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2012, 06:55:15 AM »
Merry Christmas sisters! ;) I just wanna ask, do you happen to know someone who rents out a room in SF specifically in San Carlos. I am planning to stay there for atleast 2 weeks, the problem is that hotels are very much costly. Sayang naman. Nakakatukso kasi yung 1 dollar promo ng megabus eh sarap mamasyal. Thank you :)

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »
I was in SF for a month from Nov 8 to Dec 7. actually I'm leaving for Manila today but I will be back in January. Love the weather and loved shopping for warm clothes :-)

dca201

• Theraflu | GuyTalker
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »
I was in SF for a month from Nov 8 to Dec 7. actually I'm leaving for Manila today but I will be back in January. Love the weather and loved shopping for warm clothes :-)

Swing by Los Angeles next time.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.