Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 23 NOV 14
No boyfriend? No problem! Learn to be comfy in your own company--it will help boost your self-confidence too!
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: NURSES, where to apply for a job abroad?  (Read 14693 times)

maika14

• it's fun bein a
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: NURSES, where to apply for a job abroad?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 02:36:04 PM »
I'm also planning on going to UK. I'm still waiting for my funding. Pag NVQ4 ata yung senior carer. Pag ONP na yung nurse assistant. For ONP, you need to have yourself assessed pa ata. I haven't talked to the agent yet. Maybe early next week.

Mga sis na may PD na, have you tried na kumuha ng tourist visa sa US? My husband and I are planning to spend our first christmas together sa US.

Pero natakot naman ako kasi sa kabilang thread in US VISA sa roadtrip, may na-deny na nurse din with PD na.

^^ Sis freeswan, ok din sa saudi. Problem ng bro mo dun, liit ng sweldo. Pero hindi na katulad sa UK na carer sya. Kasi dun, nurse na agad ang work nya.
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.

"enjoy life. take it easy. anyway, nobody gets out of here alive." ^_^

aisha123

• This Beach Bum is a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • To do is to be ~ To be is to do ~ do be do be do..
    • beautyPod
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 10:06:31 PM »
Hello! Balik GT ako...after a long hiatus. (Kasi nag-aral din ako...ng pag-ne-nursing!) Kaya...

Anyhoo, I am US-bound naman po pero just to share yung mga naririnig ko from friends/classmates...some of them kasi got to leave na for UK (actually 2 na silang nakaka-alis papuntang UK) Although ang ginamit nilang agency eh yung may kamahalan ata. Umabot sila ng 200K.

Pero meron ngang iba-ibang agencies yang papuntang UK (study & earn program) na yan... yung namention na sa isang message na ang office eh near SM Bicutan, i think that one offers reasonable packages. May mga classmates na din ako who inquired there & are currently being processed.

Then another classmate of mine is exploring the Australian option... meron din daw Study & Earn sa australia. BUT I do not have details yet. I got some brochures for Australian immigration (na nakuha ko sa PRC a few days ago) and it might be worth inquiring there regarding this option. Based sa mga sabi-sabi, 6 months lang daw ang program na 'to + guaranteed na ma-aabsorb ka ng hospital na pag-te-train-an mo. (Well, that is your option yata. Parang ganon. I cannot speak in absolutes kasi yan eh mga sabi-sabi nga lang...) Better if you inquire na lang din. I can give the contact infos for the Australia option for those who want it. Tapos kayo na lang mag-tanong dun ah. :) Hope this helps.
:) I am blessed. :)

proudpinay

• Probationary
  • keep the faith
    • AdCorner
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »
you may try applying at www.workabroad.ph, there are lots of job openings posted there..

good luck to us..

purple_passion

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 03:38:33 AM »
hi everyone! I am planning to go abroad too! in my case, sa dubai. ok kaya dun? My license will expire on october next year na kasi and wala pa akong experience, kahit training wala talaga! hehe

kinonsider ko rin yung australia ang UK yung study and earn pero i parang di ko na talaga carry magstudy ulit, pero i might consider parin, who knows diba?

Sa may mga kakilala na nag study and earn, ok din ba ang living nila, especially in the UK?

isha17

• OOOOIIIISSSHSHHH!
  • GirlTalker
  • Sick Nurse
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 10:36:03 AM »
heard about kirsten, you will study, pay tuition of course and the bonus here is, you get to work din. Sa mga care homes nga lang. Pero atleast you will earn, dame pang study work program agencies, Dame ko na na research, pero di pako nakakapunta ng orientations, I am carefully weighing my options bago sumabak. Hirap kase talaga, I sometimes lose hope na, wala pa akong ginagawa niyan ha. hehe pero still, i keep researching lang, Good things comes to those who wait, Pray lang din ako ng pray na may okay na opportunity.

Share lang tayo dito..=)
I'm NOT random, I just have many thoughts.

_ariadne_

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 05:16:56 AM »
I'm now job hunting in US. Batch '07. There are a lot of job openings for R.N.s- mostly nursing homes though. The problem is the availability of visa.

By extensive research and consulation with a lawyer, i'm sharing my thoughts on the 3 ways to work in USA via employer that is suitable for nurses (me).

I-140  - Immigrant petition to alien workers. When you get approved, you'll be able to work in USA, and your papers for immigration is also processed. In order to work within 4 months after filing, it has to be current. Right now, it is not current. I believe the last time it was current was in 2006. If you your employer will apply for this type right now, your priority date would be OCT2009. Right now, 2002 priority date is being process. So it is a 7 year backlog. My lawyer said that a law for faster processing of I-140 is being pushed in the legislation. However, we don't know when will that law be passed. (bagong graduate pa lang ako, pinupush na yan sa congress.) Looking at the economy of USA right now, it may take some time. My lawyer suggests that the hospital should already petition me now. It means, I would have a priority date. kahit papano, nakapila nako sa mahabang pila. It is still indefinite when I'll be working.

The second type of visa..

H1B- Non-immigrant working visa. When you get approved, you are not processing your immigrant status yet. (But you can process it inthe future.) The problem with H1B visa, is that a nurse would have a specialty. The hospital/facility (who will petition you) shouls prove that you are a HIGHLY SPECIALIZED NURSE. It means you must have experience. You must prove that you are not an ordinary registered nurse. If you are a fresh grad, this can't be your option. H1B visas are available for year 2009/10 because there are still slots left.
Examples of higly specialized nurses - upper level managers, ICU nurses, nurse midwife, nurse anesthetist, PICU, ER, OR, etc. If you can prove that you are a highly specialized nurse , then you can give it a go. You must have a very good lawyer if you are going to apply for this one. Btw, premium processing of H1b takes 15 days. Processing meaning, after your employer submits your application, you'll know in 15 days if you got it or not.

Another type of visa that could be possible for me (us) is...

H1C - temporary non-immigrant working visa. this can only be valid for 3 years and non renewable. It's like the H1B. the difference is that, you do not need to be a highly specialized nurse. But you still need working experience. Only 14 hospitals in USA can use this H1C. These 14 facilities are considered as hospitals that badly needs nurses.

Just sharing my experience.
It's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice.

missfragile

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 10:59:13 AM »
Mga sis finally i got my UK visa na. ang course date ko po is january 11, 2010- march31 2011. yehey. aalis na po ko by january 3 2010. yehey. NVQ level 3 po yung akin eh, Majestic cOllege. po. 

bluey

• GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 03:13:30 PM »
Mga sis finally i got my UK visa na. ang course date ko po is january 11, 2010- march31 2011. yehey. aalis na po ko by january 3 2010. yehey. NVQ level 3 po yung akin eh, Majestic cOllege. po.
sis anong agency mo??? tnx

sahjane

• Junior GirlTalker
  • "you know you love me" - gossip girl
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 04:10:04 AM »
^^tsaka sis, how much lahat lahat nagastos mo?

esem717

• proud mommy of Andi and a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 10:33:08 AM »
sa mga sis natin who wanst to apply for UK student visa. I have spoken to sis missfragile agency. if anyone is interested eto ang kailangan iprepare: 650k show money(must be 28 days at the time of embassy lodgement), then 150k to 200k (initial dp for tuition, agency fees, etc) but if you want to pay everything na 350k.

pm niyo ako.. ayusin ko na yung sa akin.. gusto ko sana may mga kasabay.. kaya if you're ready with that kind of money na.. go na tayo mga sis!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:09:49 PM by esem717 »
Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.

Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love

sahjane

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 11:02:14 AM »
^thanks sis. this is very helpful.

esem717

• proud mommy of Andi and a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 12:05:26 PM »
ur welcome sis sahjane.. mag UK ka ba? :)
Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.

Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love

sahjane

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 12:42:28 PM »
im planning to, kaso kulang pa fund eh

FABems

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 03:20:05 PM »
How about student visa bound to NZ or AU? magkano kaya ang gastos and a reputable agency?

rhotessa

• Probationary
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 12:43:15 PM »
nsg grad ako kakapasa ko [textspeak!] ng board last july?san ba maganda makahanap ng work ayaw ko [textspeak!] mag call center..help me ilang months na rin ako [textspeak!] work..

tinkypink011

• GirlTalker
  • :)
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
hello mga sis!:) ask ko lang if where maka apply sa mga nursing homes abroad?

janeblaze,project

• GirlTalker
  • LIVE . LAUGH . LOVE. REMEMBER
    • scribbles by Jane
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 09:07:23 AM »
nsg grad ako kakapasa ko [textspeak!] ng board last july?san ba maganda makahanap ng work ayaw ko [textspeak!] mag call center..help me ilang months na rin ako [textspeak!] work..

if u want to  work abroad as a nurse , the states had stop recruiting or accepting applicants , but i suggest u  apply  in Middle East  and maybe Japan i heard they a re open

Qatar has new hospital  and they  are in need check  their site  www.sidra.org. Usually  they  hire nurses who has 3 yrs experience sis
one word frees us from all  the weight and  the pain of life, that word is : LOVe - Sophocles

birchtree

• GirlTalker
    • MixNotes Etc.
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »
Australia is also open for registered nurses. Sa mga hindi pa RNs, you can apply for a student visa. Meron ding study and earn option.

snowflakes

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 11:35:07 AM »
question mga sis, pag bagsak sa board exam sa pinas, pwede ba mag apply sa US as nurse? or may way ba para makarating sa US?

Ejaxene

• GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2012, 05:20:20 PM »
^ Of course not... Hindi pa nga RN eh, tapos apply na ng work overseas?

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.