Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 24 JUL 14
Calm your nerves by eating serotonin-rich foods like whole wheat and oats.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: D & C  (Read 94949 times)

gracey9347

• baby REON's loving Mommy
  • GirlTalker
  • my son...Reon, you're my reason for breathing...
Re: D & C
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 04:05:18 PM »
i'm undergoing expectant management now for the past 4 days...tomorrow i'll undergo D & C...i'm kinda nervous...

sarahsensible

• Professional Makeup Artist. Mom of 4. Happy Wife
  • Super GirlTalker
    • I kiss and makeup
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »
pa join..

May na D&C naba sa inyo dito sa St.Lukes? how much? outpatient lang ba?

For this pregnancy (my 3rd) I never felt yung paglilihi na naranasan ko sa last 2 pregnancies ko.

On my 6th week I had TVS and okay si baby, pati ang heartbeat.

Last Sunday nag ka spotting ako pati kahapon. Pero wala akong nararamdaman.

Kanina I went to my OB and she checked my cervix and it was fine. Then I underwent for TVS hindi ma detect ang heartbeat. She called her other OB/Sonologist friends to double check and wala ngang heartbeat.

Now nakauwi na ako and tulala and hindi ko alam ano ba itong pakiramdam ko bakit hindi ako maiyak. Yes I am sad, nasira ang plans for Lamaze and all..

OT na ako mga sis pasensya na..

Anyway para hindi OT, sabi ng OB ko hintayin ko lang mag bleed muna ako (wala syang binigay na meds) then mag papa lab ako by Saturday to avoid any infections. Then that's the time we decide kung D & C

our 4th baby... Nicole Adrianna ;)

purplelicious

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 12:08:45 AM »
^hi sis na d&c ako sa st.lukes 10k yung sa ob ko plus yung hospital bills.

Nagstay ako sa hospital ng 3days pero after 2days pwede na sana ako umuwi kaya lang inaayos pa namin yung mga papers para mailabas yung baby ko.

mydzyr

• Probationary
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2009, 11:44:25 AM »
Hello all...
I have a question regarding d&c.  I'm wondering how much it will cost in Asian Hospital and how long is the recovery time?
How was your experience?

I was just diagnosed with a missed abortion ER today.  :-[ Yesterday, I started to have abdominal cramping and spotting (only when I wipe - sorry TMI).  Subsequently, I had undergone abdominal u/s, then tv u/s.  The doctor said Baby had no heartbeat.  :'( It was heart breaking to hear him say it; I was hoping him to say, "just kidding" or something to that effect because I couldn't believe it.  This is my 3rd pregnancy & 3rd miscarriage.  I was very hopeful of this pregnancy because I was closely monitored by my OB.  I even saw the heartbeat on my last visit with my OB on Tuesday (4days ago).

I haven't started bleeding yet, no severe cramps or pain.  :-[ I've never had a d&c done with my previous 2 miscarriages.  Both my mother and my MIL are suggesting that I have "hilot" and raspa.  I cannot have d&c at the moment because my husband and I are flying from Canada to Philippines in 2 days, so we've decided that we will get it done in the Philippines and hope for the best.

maika14

• it's fun bein a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2009, 07:53:06 PM »
I'm nulli-gravida (never had a child and never been pregnant)

My OB told me I have myoma daw na pwedeng makuha sa D&C. He quoted me 25k in delos santos hospital. All in na daw yun. Will that be ok for the said procedure? I certainly have no idea.. ??

Hope you can help me sisses.
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.

"enjoy life. take it easy. anyway, nobody gets out of here alive." ^_^

skylar-ddm

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »
Hello all...
I have a question regarding d&c.  I'm wondering how much it will cost in Asian Hospital and how long is the recovery time?
How was your experience?

hi! raspa , i think is the tagalog term for D&C.  D&C depends on the professional fee of your OB.  I had D&C at Medical City , i think i spent abt 50K and Asian hospital - around 65K.  It was painless because the procedure is under anesthesia.  When I woke up and became conscious, it was all done.  Recovery is fast but I made sure I didnt do vigorous activities for 2 weeks.   

My OB told me I have myoma daw na pwedeng makuha sa D&C. He quoted me 25k in delos santos hospital. All in na daw yun. Will that be ok for the said procedure? I certainly have no idea.. ??

If lahat na yun including hospital bill, anesthesiologist and OB's PF then I think 25K is fine.  Less than half pa sha than what i paid in Asian hospital. 

Hope this helps...

maika14

• it's fun bein a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 10:10:34 PM »
^ I forgot to ask kasi if PF lang yun or with room na din. I asked kasi how much, maghanda daw ako ng 25k-30k. So I pressumed na all in na. Malinaw naman tanong ko di ba?? So I guess, 25k lang yun. Hehe.. :) Thanks sis.
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.

"enjoy life. take it easy. anyway, nobody gets out of here alive." ^_^

kettlekorn28

• a very happy wife & mom and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2009, 09:17:59 AM »
hello mga sis, ask ko lang kung sino na naka try ma D&C ng dahil sa thick endometrium? im still single pa kasi tapos sabi ng doctor ko kelangan akong ma raspahan kasi thick ang endometrium ko tapos naga bleeding din kasi ako minsan aabot sa 1 month mens ko, nag take naman ako ng mga gamot at huminto na sya pero takot na ko bumalik sa OB ko at baka ituloy nya ang pag raspa  :(

Naku sis, you shouldn't be scared. If you're not fully confident sa sinabi ng OB mo, better get a 2nd opinion. Mas alam ng mga OB kung anong tamang gawin, you just need to get a reliable OB that will prioritize your health at hindi yung PF na makukuha from you. I'm from Laguna but my OB is from Morong Doctors Hospital, Dra. Abe. Sis, wag mo balewalain yan. Just last month, na-D & C ako kasi 3 months na mens ko. It will stop for 1 to 3 days tapos meron ulit. Kala ko normal pa rin yun since kakaiba talaga ang mens ko, super heavy talaga kahit nung single pa ako. Nag-start ako mag-mens nung 9 pa lang ako. I even experienced twice yung magka-mens for 1 whole month. Sobrang heavy na 6-8 pads/day nagagamit ko. Sa Morong ako niraspa and the procedure was ok, though para kang naka-drugs pag gising mo. Almost 11k ang nagastos namin, less na dun yung s Philhealth. May nakuha silang laman then pina-biopsy. Turned out that I have endometrial hyperplasia without atypia. Nangangapal daw matres ko ng walang dahilan. Buti daw walang cancer cells. Dra. Abe told me, kung may atypia daw, the next day ipapatanggal daw nya matres ko. Kasi she had an 18-year old patient na tulad ng case ko pero may cancer cells naman. As soon as she got the biopsy result, she consulted her colleagues in UST & other hospital just to be sure kasi nga bata yung pasyente at wala pa asawa tapos matatanggalan ng matres. She's really after the welfare of her patients. Ako I have to undergo medication for 6 months before magtry ulit kami ni hubby na magkababy. Kaya sis leya, go to an OB na.   
God has given us the greatest gift of all. And that is you, Baby Matthew! :)

dyan_sk8

• GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 08:42:16 AM »
in my case i paid my ob 4k plus 4k sa doctor na isa
2k for the room..
and mga medicine diko na alam..
actually hindi ko alam [textspeak!] ang nangyari kasi tulog talaga ako..

i have a question.. do you think possible pa ba mabuntis ulit?
kailan? ganun rin ba mangyari?

by the way my baby dont have a heart beat kaya ganito ang nangyari
i love you but i dont know

kettlekorn28

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 10:12:34 AM »
^ sis, be positive, mabubuntis ka pa. At least ikaw nakaexperience na mabuntis. Ako, 2.5 years na nagtatry pero wala talaga. But thank God, di ako nabuntis agad kasi may diperensya nga matres ko. You should see your OB often for check-up, ask her kung kelan ka pwede magbuntis ulit.

dyan_sk8

• GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 05:28:27 PM »
^positive thinking talaga ako but sa ngayon im so weak..
i dont have friends to comfort me.. my ex life me all alone to recover..
i cant sleep hanggang ngayon.. kapag wala akong kausap i feel so down..
it is okay to have sex after a week?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 04:45:56 PM by dyan_sk8 »

gracey9347

• baby REON's loving Mommy
  • GirlTalker
  • my son...Reon, you're my reason for breathing...
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2009, 11:41:14 PM »
fyi lang, i underwent d&c last october 23...should've been my second baby...sadness talaga...PF ni OB 18k, anesth is 7K, hospitalization is 18k, overnight in a private room at St. Lukes Medical Center...

dyan_sk8

• GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »
how many weeks after or months after kayo nagkaroon mga sis?

anneG

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2010, 08:16:17 PM »
how many weeks after or months after kayo nagkaroon mga sis?
sis after 1month nagkaroon na ako uli

dyan_sk8

• GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2010, 03:53:47 PM »
^ah okay... thank you sis..

bat sakin wala pa.. na d & c ako dec 6 last year

kettlekorn28

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
^ sis ako nov 2 last year na-D & C. Ilang weeks may nalabas na dugo sa akin pero my OB said dahil daw yun sa procedure at di raw yun mens. After a month, nagpacheck-up ako kasi may ganun pa rin pero brownish ang color so she adviced me to take amox. Ang totoong mens ko eh I think Jan 1. Better see your OB & ask her about that. Don't hesitate to ask her. Kasi kami ng OB ko, nire-record namin ang mens ko kasi I'll start my medication for my endometrial hyperplasia. At pag ok na ko, start naman kami ng "workout" para mabuntis na ako.

anneG

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2010, 02:22:11 PM »
^ah okay... thank you sis..

bat sakin wala pa.. na d & c ako dec 6 last year
sis siguro na delay lang yung cycle mo due to the procedure, eventually darating din yun.

hotsikikay

• GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2010, 08:36:05 AM »
i had d&c twice due to miscariage.kailangan ito to remove all products of conception kasi kungd matatanggallahat.. duduguin which may lead to infection.. this is just a minor operation.. mga p15k nagastos namin

estelle4111

• Certified KIKAY!!! Dreamer ... Believer ... Addicted to Girltalk
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • K-I-K-A-Y!!!!!
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2010, 04:22:32 PM »
i will undergo D & C operation tomorrow, so sad because i really have to say goodbye to my little angel  :'( and nervous at the same time because i don't know what to expect... hope everything will be okay... how long is the recovery period for D & C???
When we LOVE, we always strive to become better than we are.  When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too ; )

anneG

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2010, 06:52:05 PM »
i will undergo D & C operation tomorrow, so sad because i really have to say goodbye to my little angel  :'( and nervous at the same time because i don't know what to expect... hope everything will be okay... how long is the recovery period for D & C???
@ estelle4111 don't worry the procedure won't take too long, once gumana na ang anesthetia you will not feel anything..my recovery before only took 4-5 days then nag malling na ako nun, although syempre ingat din avoid carrying heavy things & claiming stairs so much. If mag file ka sa SSS your ML is 60days.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.