Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 24 NOV 14
Have a loved one with cancer? Remind him that he's not alone by spending time with him and doing things that make him smile (e.g., watch
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: All About Spanx  (Read 65859 times)

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
All About Spanx
« on: August 11, 2009, 10:49:36 PM »
there was a thread on spanx before but i think it's been archived already.

i'm thinking of getting a seamless mid-thigh bodysuit but i have a stupid question.

what if you need to pee? how? i saw kasi from the website that to keep it in place, there like a loop that you attach to your bra. eh what if you need to pee?

i'm medyo plus size and i think that loop is actually useful because in my past experiences, minsan nagr-roll down to the waist when i sit down eh so at least this one will stay in place, i hope.

and another question, to those who have camis, do you still wear a bra underneath?

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: All About Spanx
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 11:12:22 PM »
I have both the mid-thigh bodysuit and the slip suit. No worries if you need to pee as there is a slit in the crotch area.

You're right the strap provided with the mid-thigh bodysuit prevents it from rolling down.

:)

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:15:44 PM »
thanks for your reply.

can't imagine that slit sa may crotch area. you still wear a panty underneath din diba? so how does the slit work?  ???

sorry, clueless is utterly clueless about this. hee.

juana_antonia

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 11:31:49 PM »
Sis you don't have to wear an underwear underneath- para no VPLs talaga.
\"There is NO perfect man or perfect woman in the world, only  PERFECT LOVE... built together by an imperfect man and an imperfect woman.\" -soulmate

100%K

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 11:47:47 AM »
^that's correct.  i still prefer to wear undies though because the slit just makes me feel uncomfortable  :D

i do this when wearing my white pants (they're loose though), no vpl's naman  :)

when i need to go, i remove everything!  ;D kaya i take so loooong in the ladies room  :)  sanay na ako  :)

angeleigh

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 01:09:19 PM »
Is it available locally? how much? Hindi ba makati?

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 01:55:09 PM »
No need to wear panties when wearing it.

^No, it's not itchy, very comfy pa nga eh. I asked my sis in the US to buy for me. The mid-thigh body suit is $70+ while the slip suit is $80+. Not sure if it's available locally, if ever it is baka doble presyo! If you have relatives in the US (sino bang Pinoy ang wala?  ;D  ) ask them to buy for you na lang.

;D

angeleigh

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 03:32:49 PM »
^made of what ba siya sis? and is it safe not to wear panties kapag suot mo siya, i mean, hindi ba magaspang yung crotch area?

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 04:27:12 PM »
juana_antonia, not so concerned about VPLs because the dress i plan to wear it with i think di naman problem ang VPL. but when you mentioned that, i thought well maybe i can wear no VPL undies with it. hee. pero bahala na.

mama squeak!, i went to rustan's during lunch to see girdles with that slit you were talking about. now i know what you mean. there's an overlap naman pala, parang sa boxer shorts.

but i'd have to agree with K. parang hindi ko kaya no undies because parang weird yung feeling? plus the psychological effect of that slit. what if it gets misaligned or something. er...

plus when you do need to pee, how does it work with that slit? just sit on the toilet and goo? eh di mababasa. sorry for the mental picture but i really just can't imagine how it goes.  :-[

K, i plan to get the one with loop for the bra eh para it won't slide down. i was thinking nga if i wear undies, it will take forever in the restroom because of the loop for the bra. but will see how it goes. will practice when i get it.

angeleigh, mix in greenbelt 5 has spanx but too expensive there if you compare to prices at the spanx website mismo. i will order online.

yikee

• hopeless romantic, lakwatsera and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Bookyky's..
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 07:49:02 PM »
just bought mine the other day and super excited na ko, it'll be delivered tom na  ;D yipee! 

nalaman ko lang din to because of the previous thread and sa friend ko na meron na din. 

Bookyky's shop.. mckylaerika.multiply.com

100%K

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 10:13:53 PM »
plus when you do need to pee, how does it work with that slit? just sit on the toilet and goo? eh di mababasa. sorry for the mental picture but i really just can't imagine how it goes.  :-[

ganyang ganyan din iniisip ko.  for me at least, it is impossible na hindi sha mabasa!   ;D 

ms.rain

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Happy Heart!
    • Translate desires into actions, it's time!
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 02:24:47 AM »
i still wear undies underneath, feeling ko hindi ako comfy kung wala. hehe. :D and yung magpeepee nalang sa slit? ang hirap. feeling ko hindi swak. LOL! need to practice first?! haha!

juana_antonia

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 12:28:36 PM »
Don't use the slit, roll it down.  Hassle nga lang :)
\"There is NO perfect man or perfect woman in the world, only  PERFECT LOVE... built together by an imperfect man and an imperfect woman.\" -soulmate

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 02:18:41 PM »
Too much hassle taking the thing off. I just use the slit, hindi naman ako nabasa. It's takes a while getting used to it.

:)

yikee

• hopeless romantic, lakwatsera and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Bookyky's..
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 03:07:58 AM »
got my orders na today! and i super love em! katuwa.. ang kailangan ko na lang is magpractice, need to get used to it or if di talaga keri, roll down na nga lang  ;D
Bookyky's shop.. mckylaerika.multiply.com

eggtarts

• Super GirlTalker
    • check out my online garage sale! brand new bags, shoes, makeup, etc. fresh uploads! :)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 04:04:25 PM »
ganyang ganyan din iniisip ko.  for me at least, it is impossible na hindi sha mabasa!   ;D 

LOL!! oo nga eh, and i thought i was the only one finding the picture strange.. di ko ata yun kaya!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:06:10 PM by eggtarts »
"Life is too short to spend it hoping that the perfectly arched eyebrow or hottest new lip shade can mask an ugly heart." - Kevyn Aucoin

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »
I roll it all down.  Coz I just can't get used to not putting on underwear.  Istorbo nga, but well... "fashion is painful"  as they say.   LOL

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 09:21:02 PM »
most say they prefer to roll down. i think i'd also prefer that.

but if we go back to my original question... if i get that bodysuit with the loop for the bra so the thing doesn't roll down on its own, how do i roll it down when i need to pee? i don't know how that loop/strap works eh. does it have like a snap para easy to remove and then roll down?

anybody tried using it with that strap?

this is what i intend to buy:

http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2990122&cp=2992553.3010055&parentPage=family

iloveshopping

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 02:13:54 AM »
a friend has a spanx, but im not sure what kind.. but she takes long nga in the cr whenever she's wearing hers.. :)

crazychick

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 03:10:14 PM »
sa akin, bumaba pa rin siya. nakakainis kasi under the bra sa back part, nagkakaroon ng bump. pangit tingnan..

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.