Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 30 JUL 14
Keep your brain and body active--read while on the treadmill or stationary bike. If you find it difficult, listen to an audiobook.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: What does it mean, Dreaming of a Relative that passed away?  (Read 9205 times)

len_choi

• GirlTalker
Out of no where, miski di ko naiisip, there are times na napapanaginipan ko Grandma ko that pass away 7 yrs ago. Everytime na nananaginip ako sa kanya, umiiyak ako, then i hug her so tight & tell her i love her.

Recently, nagkaroon ako ng bad break up with my fiancee that was so painful to bare, i ended my 9 yrs relationship with him. Then last night, napanaginipan ko grandma ko, she was hugging me & comforting me, & telling me it's ok...

Ask ko lang, what does it mean?  Totoo bang siyang napanaginipan ko giving me advice or it's just a dream lang?

miss resilient

• ..serving God, faithfully
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: What does it mean, Dreaming of a Relative that passed away?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 02:40:11 AM »
^sa sobrang love mo sa lola mo...siya yung naiisip mo pag may mabigat kang suliranin..tama ba? ganyan din kasi ako sa nanay ko...i dream of her each time may prob ako..so more on psychological reasons..perhaps.

prim_brat

• im the BRAT you like to love
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 01:34:17 PM »
i dont  know what this means but its best to just pray for their soul.  :)
im a mom and a DAD? geez

piggyxoxo

• Stylish Links!
  • GirlTalker
    • Living Life in Pictures
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 01:00:19 AM »
your subconscious doing its job? I don't think that dreams have mystical messages.

mami violy

• bouncy yet pretty mumma and certified
  • Super GirlTalker
  • My family, ..my life....my everything....
    • www.multiply.com
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 10:56:33 AM »
sabi ng matatanda kapag nakapanaginip ka daw ng ganun. nanghihingi daw sila ng dasal.

try mo lang sis to pray for their soul minsan kasi naalala lang natin sila kapag malapit na ang Nov 1, b-day or death anniv nila.
Were going on a trip with our favorite rocket ship thru the blue sky little einstein were going on a mission start to count now 5..4..3...2..1... everyone to rocket grab and hold now...

kutingpie

• le fabulous, bipolar & certified
  • Super GirlTalker
  • living creepily ever after
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 02:07:54 PM »
i think may nabasa ako ng ganyan..when you're dreaming daw, nasa isang level or state na ang brain wave mo, i think beta state na ata, something like that where in yun yung klase ng brain wave na nakaka-access tayo ng 'unknown'. yan ang klaseng brain wave ang meron ang most psychics or mga sensitive sa mga paranormal, capable ang brain nila maging ganun.

for me, nakakausap mo sila talaga through dreams :)

We're all water from different rivers, that's why it's so easy to meet.
We're all water in this vast, vast ocean, someday we'll evaporate together ~ Yoko Ono

★♥ѼREAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★♥Ѽ

Kotty15

• GirlTalker
    • Megaworld Properties
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 04:31:52 PM »
baka gusto ka lang icomfort ng granma mo.. since nasa hurtings ka.. sweet..

dont worry walang masamang ibig sabihin sau yun.. gusto nya lang din [textspeak!] pahatid na she's der for u and will always will.. you're not alone..

hersmart4ever

• Filmmaker, Life Coach, Tarot Reader, Businesswoman
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Psychic, Palm Reader, Tarot Reader & Paranormal Investigator
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 07:27:10 AM »
It can be a "visit" of some sort. It might be a way of your lola to let you know that she wanted so much to be there by your side in times when you're down pero wala na siyang magawa. Pwede din naman na in your subconscious, you're longing na nandiyan pa siya so you can turn to her whenever you feel low.
My Wish is the Command of the Universe

cate_delarea

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 03:30:39 AM »
The Bible says the dead “are conscious of nothing at all”?  Certainly unconscious souls cannot communicate.—Eccl. 9:5.

Na-mi-miss mo lang siya. Subconscious mo perhaps? This is all psychological manifestations. Nothing spiritual or mystical.

krnmprl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 05:59:37 AM »
all my loved ones that passed away i always dream about them

this is how i have come to believe that people cease to exist when they're no longer with us

they're still there, somewhere in some different place we can't get to in our waking hours.

tama un sabi ng previous poster, na we get to talk to them when we dream of them

i am now in my 6th year of mourning for my mother. but i dream of her about 5-6 times in a week and these dreams help me get thru

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 06:25:53 AM »
If the wave length/"frequency" of a living person and that of a departed one   are on the same level at the same time... there will be "interaction".

The sadness the living one experiences "in the dream" is the expression of how the departed one is missed.  NOT a signal of an impending crisis in the living one's world; nor an indication that the departed is stewing in hell.

Whereas, whatever the departed one is saying, that the living one cannot "understand" although most words singly can be understood  -- is a message not meant for the living one.   

The foregoing is as as in the last episode experienced by a sibling with our recently-departed father.  He was talking and talking, but not looking at her. And she could not understand almost all that he was saying except for that portion wherein he said that he already got to see our departed brother (the one who died just before he did).  All the time she was crying, coz she missed him sooo bad;  but it was as if he could not see her.

My personal experiences with departed people I knew were always non-verbal.  The feeling or message was conveyed to me by their just being there, standing still, saying nothing.  But the thoughts/message was passed on clearly to me.   

Eto lang ha,  the people I really want to see, do not come to visit me -- in dreams or in waking hours.  (departed friends usually visit me during "office hours" hehe,  sa isang kisap mata ika nga)

DREAMS  with DEPARTED  people in them, for me -- were opportunities to get messages across (frequently of the nature na:  am still existing somewhere, am okay --  nothing naman to scare me silly.) 
On the other hand,  DREAMS involving LIVING people, for me, are  "feedback from the universe" about something bothering me that I repress or cannot face; or in answer to something I have courses of action for but cannot decide on.

But the above is just my experience, my sisters' experiences; with contributions from a psychic friend.

However, whether these are dreams we wish upon ourselves or interaction from beyond -- if a dearly departed comes to comfort us in our times of need, be thankful.

leletmd

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »
I'm glad to have come across this thread.
Just this morning, I had a dream involving 2 of my uncles who passed away years ago. They were 1st cousins of my mom and were siblings. It's been a while since I've thought of them.
In the dream, I was in a mall like place. I was going up a flight of stairs or an escalator (not really sure which) when I suddenly started to fall but managed to hold on to a railing. That was when I saw them together. I knew they had passed away already, but I wasn't afraid of them somehow, unlike in my previous dreams when I'd usually be afraid of ghosts. Anyway, they both extended their arms and helped me up. One uncle had a weak grip (he had several stroke episodes before he passed away), while I felt a stronger grip with my other uncle (he died of gastric cancer). They were trying to tell me something, but what I remember well was to take care of nanay.
Nanay is what we call my maternal grandmother and she has been pretty sick lately. Both uncles were close to her. The older one was her godchild.
It was strange to have dreamt about them, but maybe they just had a message to convey or they were in the same astral plane as I was. I really don't know why...
I told my mom about the dream and she also was weirded out that I would dream about them. Anyway, I plan to say some prayers about them and offer mass for them.

krnmprl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 12:53:55 AM »
thinking about it, i think ALL my relatives who have passed on KNOW I am able to talk to them thru these dreams I keep having. In a week I could not count the number of times I dream about a person who's no longer with us.

it's like tapping into some unknown dimension.

another weird thing that happens to me, when a person is very sick, I will know way in advance if they're gonna make it thru or not kasi I see them in these dreams. And when they pass on, it's always kind of saddening to know I knew it in advance.

So the bottom line is, no matter how much people tell you that all these dreams are nothing but farts of the mind, I think something really special happens to us in this sleeping state.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 02:36:31 AM »
^ You may have a gift -- the ability to tune into the frequency of departed ones. 

A person I came across who could connect with and relay messages from the comatose and the departed is BERNIE NEPOMUCENO.  It may be worth your while to meet up with her if you are interested in honing your gift further.

I also agree with you, these aren't just farts of the mind.   

angel_eyes_2nite

• Living the Happily Ever After
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Carpe de Diem!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 09:29:36 PM »
^Truly fascinating! Surely a gift.
Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

the_witness

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 03:42:07 AM »
Catedelarea said it. The Bible clearly teaches that the DEAD ARE UNCONSCIOUS   in the grave.
(Ecclesiastes 9:5-10)

5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun.

* If someone feels that they were able to communicate with their departed loved ones thru any channel like "dreams", "visions", "spiritual counselor", etc - we might wanna rethink who we're really communicating with! Is it really our dead relative? Well, If the Bible already said the dead could not communicate... then who are these?

I would search for an answer. The truth shall set me free after all.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 09:49:36 AM »
Either one believes there is a life hereafter... and that sure is a leap of faith... no documentation has been done to establish such beyond doubt....
Plus, Nobody and Noboyd,  as my husband likes to point out, has come back.. not 1 person to say ... THERE IS SOMETHING AFTER.

My father died a few months ago, and my mother refused to have his ashes interred or kept at a columbary.  She was bringing it around with her, on her travels... and well,  my husband said:  si Dad pala magandang kidnapin... no maintenance, easy to handle and for sure... Mom will ransom him.  LOL

Now, the Family-I-Came-From is ranged up along "battlelines".  In short, the daughters vs the Mother and the Sons in between the guerra patani.   "Talking" is now done through respective lawyers.
So there.

The other day, my father "popped out" like other departed relatives and friends who have "popped" on me.  I am usually in the thick of doing something very hurried... I am very multi-occupied and there is that "pop" as if the departed is just a meter away from me. Kisap mata.

This departed father of mine, he was sideways, gave me 1 look and then did his usual 2-arm side motion when he wants something put aside.. parang, bilis itabi mo yan ... He was obviously off to somewhere he was looking at in the medium-range distance.  All I heard him "say" was:  Wala na ako ryan. 

I got the message that the "ryan" did not refer to physical placement nor this world.  But that it referred to our current family conflict/detente.

When a departed "pops" on me,  I absorb certain emotions... Well, this one, was DEVOID of emotions.  Parang basta "ganoon lang" -- wala na ako ryan.  No regrets, no recriminations, no pailalim expectations as in : I will get back to you on this", nothing.. just nothing.   So, I said after the "pop"  he has moved on, even if Mom has his ashes hostage.

I broadcasted the "pop out" to all my sisters. 
Nobody said anything about that "pop out" to a brother, least of all a Mother we do not now speak with directly.
Guess what?

After half a day... here comes a broadcast from a brother... A date and time had been set for the interment of our father's ashes in a certain place that he indicated when he was alive, a long time ago, he wanted to be buried. 

This was unexpected coz my Mom, no matter how many Cardinals, parish priests and barangay tanods tell her the dead must be separated from the living....  always said Dad's ashes were her private property; and that when  it is her time to reside in an urn... that is the time his ashes will reside in a columbary with her.   Sige, she is the widow ... what can we do?

So there, I am with KRNMPL on this... these pop-ups aren't just farts of the mind.

the_witness

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 01:31:10 AM »

* During the moment my friend's mother was being declared clinically dead while in ICU, her 2 cousins saw that same mother in their house sitting on a wheelchair waving and smiling at them.

* While my cousin and his friends are on their way to a friend's funeral, they saw that actual dead friend walking alone with an umbrella in the rain going to the same direction - her own funeral.

* Kris Aquino has stories about Cory visiting Josh or visiting her giving her useful instructions nowadays.

Do I believe any of those stories?  Did they really experience those? Yes. Those are possibly true!

Now, do I believe that these are really the dead relatives that they saw/communicated with?  NO Because if I do, I would be contradicting with what God (our Creator, the source of life) has said about the condition of the dead? They are conscious of nothing, no memories, no hatred, they are just in the state of sleeping and resting - waiting for their resurrection (John 5:28-29).

So now, who made this possible? Who has this supernatural power who could actually make it appear that these are our dead relatives?  Making it appear that God's word the Bible is inaccurate?  In human history, who has been deceiving this world?

I would research on it.

ms_minchin

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 02:54:27 AM »
sa akin ayokong takutin sarili ko. kasi napanaginipan ko one of our barkadas who passed away last year. pero that day bago ako matulog at managinip, napag-usapan namin siya nung isa naming barkada so baka yun yun. Nag-linger lang sa utak ko. Nung buhay nga ito hindi nga to pala-salita napakatahimik na tao ba't naman biglang naisipang makipag-chika pa ngayong dead na siya? love ya sis! rip.

hersmart4ever

• Filmmaker, Life Coach, Tarot Reader, Businesswoman
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Psychic, Palm Reader, Tarot Reader & Paranormal Investigator
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 12:10:32 AM »
The Bible says the dead €œare conscious of nothing at all€?  Certainly unconscious souls cannot communicate.€”Eccl. 9:5.

Na-mi-miss mo lang siya. Subconscious mo perhaps? This is all psychological manifestations. Nothing spiritual or mystical.

Bakit kaya yung soul ni Samuel natawag nung medium? Di ba ang sabi sa Eccl. 9:5, the dead know nothing? Hindi naman sinabing the soul kasi the soul never dies.
My Wish is the Command of the Universe

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.