Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 23 OCT 14
Accidentally get super glue on your skin while finishing a home project? Soak it in acetone and wash with soap afterward.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Brazil  (Read 14820 times)

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Brazil
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2011, 08:50:14 PM »
^ That's correct. No need na mag apply pa for VISA. :)

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2011, 11:23:33 PM »
I read that Qatar Airways is offering Manila-Qatar-Brazil (RDJ or Sao Paulo) already. It's the most convenient since it does not require a transit visa.

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2011, 07:45:12 AM »
I believe you won't need a transit VISA naman talaga for as long as you don't leave the airport. So kahit Amsterdam pa yung layover, if hindi ka naman lalabas ng airport, di mo kailangan mag-apply ng transit VISA. Hassle nga lang if matagal yung stop like more than 10 hours.

ellyse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2011, 10:00:39 PM »
Any idea if how much ang roundtrip fare to Brazil if MLA-SG-SAO PAOLO? Thanks!

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »
^ Please check Page 3 of this thread. May mga estimates don. :)

ellyse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2011, 02:50:07 PM »
^ Please check Page 3 of this thread. May mga estimates don. :)

Thanks, saw it na. mahal pala.  ???

fallen_@ngeL

• a.k.a KAKASHI :p
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • and a certified "tsupitera" :D
    • facebook/sairikun
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »
pangarap din namin ni bf pumunta dito sa 2014 for the world cup.. mukang dami pag iipunan para sa airfare! :s
don't expect to avoid disappointment :)

sonncza

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »
grabe ang mahal ng airfare
fake it till you make it

Starlust

• Island Girl
  • Super GirlTalker
  • iMeow
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2011, 01:56:16 PM »
We're going to Brazil for the World Cup in 2014 but we'll be flying from France.
"Give a girl the right pair of shoes, and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

alexandrea

• I'm in your head and under your skin.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Resistance is futile ... if less than 1 ohm.
    • The Background Story
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2012, 03:49:18 PM »
Yung route na gusto ko for next year:

Manila--HK, HK--Frankfurt, Frankfurt--Rio

Para wala nang transit visa needed. Kaso parang ang mahal ng fares. Any cheaper routes?
The Background Story - We write the stories you will never tell.

fallen_@ngeL

• a.k.a KAKASHI :p
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • and a certified "tsupitera" :D
    • facebook/sairikun
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2012, 10:39:47 AM »
how much estimated na price ng airfare mga sis?
don't expect to avoid disappointment :)

alexandrea

• Super GirlTalker
    • The Background Story
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2012, 10:54:40 AM »
RT HK-Frankfurt is around 43k, RT Frankfurt-Rio is around 83k.

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2012, 11:00:25 PM »
^ it's not much of a difference but i checked one time: Manila-Abu Dhabi- Rio was Php115k for October :)

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »
ALEXANDREA, if I remember correctly, one of the airlines that offer cheapest flights to either Sao Pau or Rio is United. Route is MNL-US-BR. Approximately 95k roundtrip.

Let me know if you're sure about going. Sama ko. I've been looking for someone to go with for the longest time.

Though, my dad is discouraging me na pumunta dun. Madumi and delikado daw. Actually, he said na panget daw dun. He's been to BR like a million times. Kidding. Pero madalas sya don and other South American countries. Mag-Argentina na lang daw ako.

alexandrea

• Super GirlTalker
    • The Background Story
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »
Sis Frozen Toes, I'm more inclined to go to Tbilisi, Georgia kasi medyo namamahalan pa ako sa Brazil fares, parang gusto kong ilagay na lang yung pera sa Israel/Europe trip ko in the future. But target ko next year is to go to non-Asian country next year na di na need ng visa. Yung Georgia, nasa 52,000++ all in na, round trip from Manila to Tbilisi via Qatar Airways. Sama ka sa Georgia? :)

Pero sige, if matuloy ako sa Brazil, will let you know!

fabulosity

• GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2012, 02:46:59 AM »
Ladies, just came back from another fabulous trip! This time, Rio de Janeiro...

My 3 day IT:
day 1: checked in at Porto Bay Copacabana: absolutely wonderful hotel! nice brekkie spread, rooftop pool/bar with views of the beach and christ, comp. havaianas, balcony with ocean view, friendly staff.
-watched soccer match flamengo vs palmeiras: super fun! Flamengo fans are hardcore, I must say... it was a draw, thank god! Otherwise, the fans must've killed each other LOL! FYI: Maracana is under renovation until next year for the olympics.
 day 2: promenade along copacabana beach, then drank caipirinhas at one of the kiosks along the beach. alcohol at 0700am, too early but still pretty awesome!
-joined Brazil Expedition tour of Rio. Our guide was Murilio, loved his NY accent, funny and very informative. We were able to hit the ff: san conrado beach where the handgliders land, tijuca forest, christ statue, santa teresa, lunch at lapa, then the lapa steps. Best tour in Rio IMO.
-Sugarloaf mountain, stayed here until sunset, so worth it! Cable carx2 so definitely not for those with fear of heights
-dinner at a churrascaria place. OMG meats galore, cheap too!
-after dinner drinks at the hotel's rooftop bar
day 3: Souvenir shopping at Zona Sul and copacabana market
-snack at a juice bar
Havaianas shopping at MG Bazaar, dirt cheap!
Lunch at Garota de Ipanema (touristy but food was so good! Highly recommend getting the picanha, pricey but good for 2-3 pax)
Promenade along Ipanema beach... gorgeous people everywhere! Watchd beach soccer and hot bodies LOL
Strolled along the lagoa rodrigo de freitas
-biked along Avenida Atlantica with the locals

Loved Rio to bits! Prices were a bit high but not as bad as, say Iceland or Dubai. Hotel 300 USD/night, havaianas about half off US prices, churrascaria meal with wine about 40USD, taxis are cheap, a nice lunch for 2 is about 40 USD with drinks, caipirinha's about 3.50 USD small glass, tour was about 50 USD. The prices are comparable to NY/San Fo, give or take, depending on location.
Weren't able to go out at night that much but I heard Lapa and Santa Teresa are the places to be on a Fri or Sat, a lot of bars and restos in the area.
Brazilians are pretty friendly, they love the beach and of course, football! The city itself has ugly areas (favelas),but there's also plenty of nice areas like ipanema, leblon, and san conrado.
Must eat foods/drinks:meat, esp picanha, shrimp empanadas, coxinha, feijoada,caipirinha, skol beer, fruit juices, acai, guarana drink, etc.
Leave your expensive duds, jewelry, watch, etc at home, brazilians are casual and laid back, no need to be dressy, except maybe if you're going to a nice resto or club.
Hope this helps!

polymath2012

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »
Sis Frozen Toes, I'm more inclined to go to Tbilisi, Georgia kasi medyo namamahalan pa ako sa Brazil fares, parang gusto kong ilagay na lang yung pera sa Israel/Europe trip ko in the future. But target ko next year is to go to non-Asian country next year na di na need ng visa. Yung Georgia, nasa 52,000++ all in na, round trip from Manila to Tbilisi via Qatar Airways. Sama ka sa Georgia? :)

Pero sige, if matuloy ako sa Brazil, will let you know!

I thought natuloy na yung trip mo sis  , 3 years old na kasi tong thread :) i want to visit Rio din kaso sabi ng friend kong Portuguese medyo delikado din dun, parang Manila din, may mga lugar na magulo 0_o

Im planning to go to Maldives, Fiji, Tanzania or Kenya, visa is issued upon arrival din.
Ignorance is bliss.

fabulosity

• GirlTalker
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »
^Just like any other city, you just need to be cautious on the areas you'll explore. No need to be paranoid about being mugged/kidnapped/or whatever preconceptions you hear about Rio. Would be a shame if these things would hinder anyone from visiting this awesome city. Just be smart and vigilant, no flashy duds or jewelry, avoid the favelas and dodgy areas, join group tours if you're really paranoid lol, and just enjoy yourself!

alexandrea

• Super GirlTalker
    • The Background Story
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 08:19:08 AM »
Sis polymath2012, oo nga three years na ito pero di pa rin matuloy tuloy! :( Gusto ko kasi ng kasama, masyadong malayo ang Brazil for me para tahakin mag-isa. And dapat pagplanuhan kasi gusto kong ikutin na ang South America pag andun nako.

sarsingkit

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2012, 09:05:41 AM »
my husband and i are planning to go to Brazil din in time for the World Cup then Machu Pichu after if mahaba ang vacation na pwede.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.