Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 24 NOV 14
Have a loved one with cancer? Remind him that he's not alone by spending time with him and doing things that make him smile (e.g., watch
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: live-in or not?  (Read 23601 times)

charitea

• GirlTalker
  • Former Charite
Re: live-in or not?
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »
i can only do this if i already experienced marriage.  right now, i still have to protect the name of my family, not that i have anything against those who do this, i just feel that the people around me will really disown me and malign my family if i live in with someone who is not my husband.

caddie

• GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 09:32:53 AM »
live in.. and at the same time of course my parents will kill me. haha

**so that i can have the chance to know
him more.. i don't want to regret forever..

theotherjeckay

• Her Majesty
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
haaay...marriage first sana... ???
I am a person first, a woman second and a SINGLE mother third.

ktynnz

• Probationary
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »
YES?! hehe. mas madali ka kasing makakawala kng hindi pa kayo kasal ehh..

pero syempre pag dumating na tamang time tyaka na kami magpapakasal..

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »
I think living together is not a taboo anymore. When my hubby and I started off, we spent weekends on his house consistently without my mom knowing. After 2 years, we decided to go to Singapore and my mom made no fuss about it. When we came back, I just casually said na sa bahay kame mag-stay. After a year we got married.

For us, we never formally talked na 'o let's move in together' it just fell into place. My mom was open about it probably because I was on the right age and I already proved something to her particularly being responsible.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

Princess_Chill

• Super Agent; Part time Broker & a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »
for me its ok na mag live in muna get to know each other better..iba kasi talaga pag mag bf-gf na nagkikita lang pag lalabas or bisita bisita sa bahay at iba din talaga kung magkasama na sa bahay....

well im independent so my parents won't know if ever na magkaroon ako ng ka live in hehe!
To God be the Glory

Tsinsey

• One proud
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009, 09:24:26 PM »
My parents will kill me if I do it, but I am in favor of live-in. I think its a way para malaman mo talaga kung sino ang partner mo diba? My only worry of that kind of set-up is "what's next? will we ever get married or just remain that was forever?" Because for me, I would be silently wishing for marriage if ever I would move-in with my bf.   

empress

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2009, 11:53:53 AM »
i'd rather live-in with a guy than get married and separate in the end. sa dami ng naghihiwalay na mag-asawa ngayon, dadagdag pa ba ko sa bilang nila?! much better to live-in, when u don't feel like it anymore, just leave... no papers to sign, no money involved!

1choi_ko9

• came from family of Drs./Clin.Psyc/Mom of 2 boys and a wife
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2009, 12:17:57 PM »
ok lang sana if wala maging baby muna while naglilive-in. kase mahirap may anak na kami then live-in pa rin...i mean pano na bata if maghiwalay din kami in the end or puro away then yun nga eventually magseparate din...kawawa naman yung bata...and ako din kawawa...may anak na walang asawa...

riandrew

• Super GirlTalker
    • No Spam, No Virus, No Kiddin'!
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 05:22:34 AM »
My only worry of that kind of set-up is "what's next? will we ever get married or just remain that was forever?" Because for me, I would be silently wishing for marriage if ever I would move-in with my bf.
same sentiment..
what could be his reason para di pa ako pakasalan if we're already living together?
travel - resorts - hotels - staycations - buffet
http://www.chyngreyes.com  |  http://instagram.com/chyngreyes

jhez

• ...HaPpY MoUsE...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • .....HaPpY GuRL... HaPpiLY mArRiEd...
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2009, 05:45:27 AM »
sino ba ang ayaw magpakasal? pero sa family namin, kasal muna lagi, pagkatapos ng bonggang kasalan at gastusan, hiwalayan naman. nakakadala na ganun lagi eksena. hayz....  :-\ bata pa ko nasa isip ko na maganda magtry muna.  ??? bata pa lang pasaway na lol....
.......hApPiLy LiViNg wItH mY Little aNgEL........

Happyme

• Junior GirlTalker
  • blue bonnets galore
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2009, 05:27:07 PM »
personally, i'm glad i didn't live-in with my husband when we were still bf/gf.  marriage became so much fun for us,  parang first sa lahat ng bagay.  even the petty fights on dumping the dirty clothes in the hanger and fighting over a favorite pillow seemed cute after we go married and lived in the same house.  however, i have nothing against couples who live-in.

willow_24

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2009, 01:25:12 PM »
for me, no talaga.. i've nothing against those in favor of living in with their partners pero for me kasi gusto kong i-maximize yung time ko sa house namin kasi pag nag-asawa na ko, i won't have as much time for my parents & family members na. so habang single pa, stay lang muna ko with my parents pa rin.

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • call me sis bratty for short..
    • Blog
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2009, 08:53:03 AM »
All girls wants to be married, in a Live-in case or situation lugi ang girl, since you do not hold anything from your partner which is in return you are giving your whole self already.

However, that is my only opinion, I also don't have anything against to couple that are living in together.
I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

Shopao

• GirlTalker
  • Yow wats up?
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2009, 09:10:19 AM »
nah.. for me you guys should stick to old traditional way.. hndi din maganda ang live in...

wickedbone

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2009, 11:37:48 PM »
our set-up is sort of live-in.. practical for him.. malayo kase bahay nila so pag weekdays sa apartment ko sya nakikitulog since sobrang lapit lang from his work.. parang a short walk lang.. and he's helping me with groceries now.. it's a win-win for us.. at sa sinasabi nila na pag-live in, nawawala na sa priorities ang wedding.. not in our case.. as a matter of fact, living together is what sealed the deal. :) case to case basis yan.. if one of you e kuntento na sa live-in lang, how do you ever expect na mapupunta sa marriage ang status nyo.. kami kase we both want to take it to the next level..

autumn_lal

• GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 03:19:38 PM »
In my experience, i would go for live in muna.

Marami ka matutununan na in the end you will realize if you can live with the person for the rest of your lives (with or without child).

trig

• GUYTalker
  • GirlTalker
  • guytalker
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 11:23:35 AM »
live in is just right. I'm actually sharing a flat with a lady. Although we are not couple and we don't have relationship. I am just renting the other room.

At least that way you can get to know the other person better. His/her good/bad traits.

That is live-in on the same flat but different room. Not the same room.

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • call me sis bratty for short..
    • Blog
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 12:08:21 PM »
hi!parang the subject of the topic is living in to someone you can marry because you have a relationship...

Kasi sis, naconfuse ako sa reply mo you are living in with your flatmate without any relationship, malamang it's just right?  :o ???
I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

trig

• GUYTalker
  • GirlTalker
  • guytalker
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 03:27:33 PM »
^ i'm a guy sis.  What I mean is there is nothing wrong with a man and woman to live on the same flat.  There is nothing wrong with that.

I'm renting a room, because its a 2 bedroom apartment and she actually advertised for a male flatmate than a female. (yep it was specified in the ads) .

No were not a couple. So I don't see anything wrong for a man and woman whether you have relationship or not to live on the same flat.

I even see some male/female flatmates who share the same room, but different bed.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.