Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 27 NOV 14
Off for a swim? Avoid getting cramps in the water by warming up properly before jumping in the pool.
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: live-in or not?  (Read 23624 times)

Joycy

• Living life with integrity and order...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • is in love with Kakashi Hatake
Re: live-in or not?
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 08:25:51 PM »
Not for me.  :D But i don't think less of those who choose this arrangement. It's their life...not mine.
God tied u and I together by our little fingers with a long red string. This bond of destiny cannot be seen and there is no map leading to u. So i will fall in love with u when i meet u.

follow me @ www.twitter.com/Venus914

hedonista

• mastering law of attraction
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • extremely grateful. thank you thank you thank you
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 04:00:56 AM »
i've been living with my bf for almost 5 months now, so far so good, some adjustments to do, pero i have these worries and fears, what if it does not work?

share naman po mga sis's what are your experiences living together with someone your not married with. living in with bf advantages and dis advantages

to mods: kung my topic na pong ganito paki delete na lang po.

Almost 1 year na kaming live in ni bf. so far so good pero yung nga since trying times talaga mga 2 weeks ago we broke up pero nagkabalikan agad for a day...mahirap mga ganung eksena pag magkasama sa haus. one or the other will really feel devastated. He decided to live with me even nung hindi pa kami gusto na nya na magsama kasmi akala ko biro lang and then just after 6 months ng relationship namin, nag live in kami. nagstart sleep over lang. tapos ayun eventually nagsama na kami.

Advantage, mababantayan mo sya and mas matindi yung bonding nyo. Disadvantage, baka magsawa or maging routine na kaya nasayo sis how to keep the love alive or burning. naks!
Nothing can come into your experience unless you summon it through persistent thoughts.

stacies83221

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Samme det!
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 07:09:30 AM »
dito, it's not a problem if you are living in with someone. at first i was not for it pero since i settled her, where society doesn't dictate na it's a moral taboo to live in, i had been more open to it.

The advantages are mentioned na by our wise sisses here. economically, it's good to live with someone to share the monthly expenses-- plus you guys will have much time spent together and you will partly  get the feel of the married life. If you are up to the challenged and if that's what you want.. go for it!

The M of Mommyhood
http://themofmommyhood.blogspot.no

A little less complicated life... Life and works of a Filipino nurse in Norway
http://dianaslittlehelper.blogspot.no

annie_barzaga

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 08:01:48 AM »

^sa states oo nga...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:39:55 PM by annie_barzaga »
"kung gusto maraming paraan, kung ayaw maraming dahilan"

czarinakatherine

• Junior GirlTalker
  • My Sugar Cherry
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 10:46:15 AM »
siguro dapat sa akin yung house para pag di nag work out sya ang papalayasin ko. hehe

kagabi lang yung kapit bahay namin na magka-live in eh nag away as in lakas ng boses nung lalaki at pinalayas yung girl at alas dose pa ng gabi yun. wawa.
If we forget
yesterday,
We're bound to repeat it
tomorrow
It's not too late
to start today,
Better off safe,
than sorry
-Extreme

annie_barzaga

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 11:00:08 AM »
^those things ang wala tayong laban lalo na kung hindi sa atin ang place.

siguro one of the disadvantages of living together without tying the knot is when the relationship didn't work out one is really left with nothing.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 02:58:49 PM by annie_barzaga »

piggyxoxo

• Stylish Links!
  • GirlTalker
    • Living Life in Pictures
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »
I currently live with my soon-to-be official fiance. We've been living together for about 1.5 years. I think that in order to get to know a person you have to see their true colours. An option for me before marriage is to date someone for a really long time or live with them. I think that once you live with someone you get to see the other person's habits and in a way you have a chance to get to know them faster. My step-mom once told me that she would have never married my dad because he is difficult to deal with (she did not know this about him) but is stuck because she has kids with him and is dependent.  Regardless, this may be a bit off topic but money, short-term, the question of children and any outstanding problems should be dealt with before getting married.

sahjane

• Junior GirlTalker
  • "you know you love me" - gossip girl
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »
i have nothing against live in.

for me, its one way of being practical especially for those couple who cant afford pa na magpakasal.

ako, gusto na nga sana namin ng bf ko. kaso yun parents ko medyo matanda na. hindi pa sila open sa ganong idea.

liu_yifei

• one tough cookie
  • GirlTalker
  • smart women changes the rules
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
well on most books i read about realtionships, 90% daw nag nag li-ive in ay hindi nauuwi sa kasalan. the reason is that when you live together you test your compatibility with each other. and usually it doesn't work out so well. those who ends up getting married naman eventually leads to divorce or separation afte a few years kasi yung bad habit na na-acquire while living together e dala niyo pa rin when you got married.

where in pag hindi raw nag live in, while you were together nag a-adjust kayo to be better for your partner and you acquire good habits na dala niyo sa marriage niyo. you work on being compatible kaya mas ok daw. yun ang sabi ng mga psychologists and marriage counselors.

well i have nothing against live-in. for me kasi i want to get married first before we move in together. ang tendency kasi ng live-in mas mapapatagal kayo ikasal. why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
\"All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.\"

bjgem

• basta..
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2009, 04:17:56 PM »
I remember my professor saying the same thing. Sa dami ng broken families sa Pilipinas, and sa dami ng mga naghihiwalay dahil sa "individual differences" pwede rin siguro iconsider ang live-in.

agree ako din sis...base on my experience..sana! sana!!..kung pwede lang ibalik...hindi muna ko nagpakasal, sana nag-live-in muna kame..at least kung magkaproblema man..hindi ganun kahirap ang pwede mo danasin..now, hiwalay na kame..for almost 3 years na
Women have strengths that amaze men.  They bear hardships and they carry burdens, but they hold happiness, love and joy....If there's one flaw in women, it is that they forget their WORTH

hOney00

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 06:47:25 AM »
No to live in. If a person really loves me, he should marry me.

annie_barzaga

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 09:04:57 AM »
^ganyan din ang perception ko dati...

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:40:25 PM by annie_barzaga »

goldbabyphat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 02:20:38 AM »
For me I don't want to live in first because in most cases, tendency, masasanay yun guy na live in lang and di na mag yayaya mag pakasal because ok na yun setup for him. This is just my opinion. But I have nothing against couples who live in together.

hedonista

• mastering law of attraction
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • extremely grateful. thank you thank you thank you
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 02:46:19 AM »
live in kami ni bf pero takot ako magsawa sya saroutine namin or mapagod ako kakaisip ng ulam bukas. lol  :D
Nothing can come into your experience unless you summon it through persistent thoughts.

annie_barzaga

• GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »
^kakatawa ka naman sis hedonista...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:40:38 PM by annie_barzaga »

zaralicious

• Finally... a HAPPY and HOPEFUL MOM, WIFEY and
  • GirlTalker
  • :) and keep the FAITH.
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 02:34:29 PM »
para sakin, i think it's okay mag-live in if you really have plans of getting married to that person. it will be an advantage kasi you'll get to know each other more. and sa set-up na ito, you should think na talagang husband-and-wife na kayo. kasi pag hindi, dun nagkakaproblem eh. i think tama si sis mooncake and leaves, un legalities lang ang kulang sa ganitong set-up and that shouldn't serve as an escape pag ayaw nyo na. i remember when my hubby and i decided to enter this kind of set-up a year before we got married. he told me, no return, no exchange. hahaha:D funny, pero my meaning na talaga na parang wala ng atrasan. and if there would be problems, you should work things out like husbands and wives do. goodluck sis, i hope that you'd end up marrying this guy din later.

ebiko

• proud MOMMI to my papit
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • my papit calls me "may-mi" [mommi]
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 03:15:19 PM »
ok lang mag-live-in for a while, if you have plans of getting married, pero huwag lang sana patagalin, baka magkasawaan na ...

... kakapagod lang mag-isip kung ano next na ulam  :D :D :D
.:~ * ~:.

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. -- Elizabeth Stone

.:~ * ~:.

cleverjerk0717

• GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 04:58:28 PM »
i dnt think this is an option for me..its just taking risk of your time and love..what if it won't work? you'll end up hanging..worst if you have a child, kawawa lang yung bata...if you love somebody, be committed, be responsible enough..take enough courage to marry that someone you really love, instead of just being experimental which is worthless..that's just for me guys..

mira.dreyes

• Sassy Bitch and a Certified
  • GirlTalker
  • Mimi
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 05:16:08 AM »
^those things ang wala tayong laban lalo na kung hindi sa atin ang place.

siguro one of the disadvantages of living together without tying the knot is when the relationship didn't work out one is really left with nothing.  :-\

May point ka sis.  Mas maganda nga siguro na mas may karapatan ka sa house, para if something went wrong, ikaw ang may taas noong magsasabing "Layas ka sa HOUSE KO."

"Sex Appeal is 50% of what you got, and 50% what people think you've got."

annie_barzaga

• GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 02:39:41 PM »
May point ka sis.  Mas maganda nga siguro na mas may karapatan ka sa house, para if something went wrong, ikaw ang may taas noong magsasabing "Layas ka sa HOUSE KO."

just a realization, siguro when we're in  a situation where we're confuse or afraid of living together with our partners, we should ready our self for the consequences, and make sure that we are courageous enough to save ourselves when things go the way we want it... ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.