Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 03 SEP 14
When you read the newspaper in the morning, check out the funnies too--they'll put a smile on your face before you head for work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: What was the last book you read that made you laugh out loud?  (Read 31353 times)

Allesia

• GirlTalker
Marley. The one about the dog, it made me both laugh out loud and cry.
Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile.
- Mark Twain

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
Re: What was the last book you read that made you laugh out loud?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 05:40:36 PM »
Confessions of a Shopaholic. Natatawa ako na naiinis kay Becky sa mga gastos niya lol

Allesia

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 05:42:42 PM »
^Haha. Same here. Cyber high-five to you sis.
Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile.
- Mark Twain

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 05:48:50 PM »
^Marley made me laugh too. I can relate kasi cause I have a yellow lab and he acts slightly like Marley. And this is the only book that made me cry.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 07:50:46 PM by Heatherette »

tsokolat

• no regrets
  • Super GirlTalker
  • when in doubt, dont!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 07:41:18 PM »
ptolemy's gate, natatawa ako dun sa mga hirit ni bartimaeus. sobrang witty!
do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go-Joshua 1:9

pink_candy

• Invictus, Shopaholic, Twilight Fan, Bookworm and...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I promise to love you forever...will you marry me?
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:18:53 AM »
Confessions of a Shopaholic. Natatawa ako na naiinis kay Becky sa mga gastos niya lol

pareho tayo sis... di ko mapigilan na di humalakhak... ako naman natatawa kasi feeling ko ako yung binabanggit na becky... gastadora kasi!! :D

saka yung Eclipse kasi natatawa ako sa Edward vs. Jacob gawa ni Bella. Tawa ako ng tawa kahit 3am na... akala tuloy ng kasama ko sa room baliw na ako. :D

yinandyang

• bonggang bonggang echusera
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 09:42:43 AM »
Hmm. natawa siguro yung See Jane Date, medyo nakakrelate e. Pero mas natawa ako sa BRidget Jones' :edge of Reason. Katawa mag banat e.
"Kung maghihintay ka nang ng lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo.. Dapat lumandi ka din."

- Bob Ong

crazy_chinita_chick

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 01:25:53 AM »
The Crimson Petal and the White

the part where Mr.Rackham describes the pimp's lipstick-ed mouth that was smudged/creased which "had the effect of a fuzzy caterpillar" something something

maia.alcyone

• angel by day, devil by night :)
  • my favorite discovery
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 04:14:48 PM »
Good Omens by Gaiman and Pratchett :D
Lord, grant me chastity... but not yet.
-St. Augustine

janejt

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
can you keep a secret by sophie kinsella. all her books make me laugh.

MisCalculus

• Senior GirlTalker
  • SuNnY Came HomE...
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 07:31:23 PM »

shopaholic (kahit ano sa series) and undomestic goddess. basta may mga parts dun na bigla na lang ako tumatawa mag-isa. kalokah! :D
"One day you will wake up and there won't be any more time to do the things you've always wanted. Do it now."

Bia

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 09:42:29 AM »
Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella. Absolutely hilarious!

rockONsaint

• Super GirlTalker
  • DON'T INVADE MY AURA!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 07:24:58 PM »
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Prachett.

LaLiza

• GirlTalker
    • Frills and High Heels
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 05:26:32 PM »
3 bags full by Leonie Swann

prish

• post with style, argue with sense and be a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • looklet
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 07:33:52 PM »
the debutante divorcee - plum sykes
"As with any information found on the internet,
you should always consider that the information might not be accurate...
Some of what you read is simply not true.

wuvshoe

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 09:20:01 PM »
Me Talk Pretty One Day
When You Are Engulfed in Flames
Naked
~ all by David Sedaris

omg, LOL talaga sya. i can't pick which book is the funniest... these are the last 3 books i've read.

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 11:56:01 PM »
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

babyface82

• Fangirl, Shoeaddict and
  • Super GirlTalker
  • #olicity #ichabbie
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 01:14:20 AM »
yung kay bob ong...yung gubat thingy..
sa lakas ng tawa ko pumasok tita ko and asked what was wring with me...kasi i was laughinh too loud...prang topakin na ba...

kahit nung inulit ko ganun pa din...heheh

numonorean

• little miss
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • beautiful mess
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 01:19:31 AM »
Para Kay B made me laugh on some parts. 

natawa din ako sa books ni bob ong.  pinakatinawanan ko yata is yung Bakit Baliktad... :D
and like most of the other sisses, Good Omens. :D
"I wanted to be the poet and the poem, and now am neither." - Ellen Ash

365 Project | Alice in Neverland

VNNOpVWIJd

• VA addict
  • Probationary
  • im an ivashkov
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 11:08:11 AM »
hiring a hooligan sooo damn funny, jane is the weirdest fictional character i ever read.. shes a super geek and thinks/speak everything in mathematical/scientific language. she uses her hair to floss, she wipes her nose on a leaf, on a schrunchy and sometimes on cordless phones..

Rafe rested his arm across the back of my seat, his knuckles lightly stroking the side of my neck. I shivered. Rafe’s voice got husky. "Did you know I had a naughty dream with you in it last night?"
"That’s understandable," I replied, cuddling my rhombus rock to my elbow. Rocks were most partial to hard, bony places. You could never snuggle them to your boobs like you could a zucchini bread. "I did hire you to thump Conner McGregor afterall. Maybe you were having performance anxiety?"

Rafe narrowed his eyes. He looked a bit hacked off as he took a deep breath and slowly let it out. I was surprised when he tucked some hair behind my ear and said softly, "We were alone in a classroom together and you were all sexy and s***. You were my teacher and I was being a really bad boy."

I squirmed in my seat excitedly. Rafe’s touching me was making shivers puddle in the pit of my stomach. It felt like hundreds of particles were colliding inside of me, making and breaking bonds. "Was I teaching Chemical Bonding within the framework of Quantum Mechanics? Or did I go the math route with Numerical Linear Algebra?"

Rafe’s finger stuttered against my neck. "Um...the first one. I know Chemistry is your favourite subject."

I beamed at him. "Was I angry with you because you didn’t pass in your term paper on A Semi-Empirical Huckel Molecular Orbital Analysis of Internucleotide Phosphorothioate Diesters?"

Rafe’s lips parted and he blinked at me. I thought his eyes were as deep and wonderful as Particle Rectilinear Motion. His breath tickled my ear. "No, you were angry because I wasn’t paying attention. I was excited...you were making me very excited Janie."

"Who wouldn’t be excited learning about the rotation and vibration of molecules?" I frowned, puzzled. "But why would I be angry if you were excited? That doesn’t seem much like me."

Rafe sighed and scrubbed his hand through his hair. "You know what? Forget I said anything. We should probably be getting inside anyway."

"Just don’t tell Katrina about any of this," I warned, unbuckling my seatbelt. "She might think you had one of those soggy sex dreams that boys get."

Rafe smacked his own forehead. I supposed that since Lucan and Guido weren’t around to thump him, he had to do it himself.
[/size]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 11:23:35 AM by VNNOpVWIJd »
Dreams, dreams. I walk them; I live them. I delude myself with them.
It's a wonder I can spot reality anymore.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2083122
v--v

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.