Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 02 OCT 14
Involve yourself in your child’s life by inviting his friends over for a playdate. While you’re at it, invite the mommies of his pals as well
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Do you carry book(s) in your bag?  (Read 45679 times)

sxyfreak

• GirlTalker
  • Men exist to make women look good
Re: Do you carry book(s) in your bag?
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »
nope. my bag's too heavy na with all my abubots

pink_candy

• Invictus, Shopaholic, Twilight Fan, Bookworm and...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I promise to love you forever...will you marry me?
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 10:16:49 AM »
dati nung HS at college ang dala ko eh textbooks at novels for me to read during sparetime...

pag vacation I always see to it to bring at least 3 books while on vacation... haha... nagagalit nga si bf kasi pampabigat daw ng bag... pero I don't care eh talaga trip ko magbasa sa beach kaysa mag sunbathing noh... haha :D

right now I'm carrying Don't Sweat the Small Stuff at work... yun kasi yung current read ko ngayon. I always bring books sa bag kasi pag mahaba pila or I'm waiting for someone meron ako pagkakaabalahan.

queenjadis

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »
all the fricking time. :D

biancs

• ma-dramang
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 07:18:30 PM »
nope, audio books lang.

nymphadora

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 08:10:53 PM »
sometimes when i really, really want to finish the book so i can read while travelling.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »
Yes I carry a pocketbook in my bag.
I am trying to correct my nature of arriving more often than note late, and being in a rush -- by moving earlier.  Hello!  LOL,  I have time to read a book instead of fretting coz everyone else attending a meeting is late.   :P

But I put in my bag only light, inexpensive books parang kung mawala, no heartbreak.  Usually, a Koonz book or last time:  Eat Pray Love
(I am by nature very impatient/hyper ... so when I have the odd time of waiting/inactivity ... coz I am trying to correct my habit of being always in a rush, more often than not being late .. so I have to move early and what happens is .. I arrive ahead of time, hindi pa ako ganoon ka galing to estimate "advance" arrivals  LOL  -- so I bring a book to distract/calm me down.)

But what I put in my bag eh

midgesmom

• Spinning Lovely Days
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 07:11:38 AM »
I usually have a Sue Grafton, a Cynthia Voigt, an Alexandra Stoddard, or any of the Newbery winners in my purse.

yaskulet

• Senior GirlTalker
    • thevanitybox
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 10:48:58 AM »
most of the time i carry a book or 2 :) right now, i have windfallen by jojo moyes.
the past and the future are irrelevant, the moment is everything- head on the clouds

chloe

• Senior GirlTalker
    • undomestic goddess
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 05:31:04 PM »
all the time. most of the time i carry a novel or self-help. at the moment  :)

katiztic

• Stressed but Fab
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »
sumasakit na likod ko kakadala ng books. lawbooks, that is. No choice, eh.

Pero good idea ang pocketbook, although sa sobrang bigat ng dala ko, audiobook nalang sa ipod solve na
What won't kill me will make me strong.

angel_eyes_2nite

• Living the Happily Ever After
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Carpe de Diem!
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 04:03:42 AM »
hmm..Whenever I change to a small bag...ebook lang alternative ko. But if I carry my big bag which my colleagues usually jokes as "bring ing my whole house"..I always have a book niyan.
Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

prettymom

• the best is yet to come...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i am a wife and a mom, but i am also my own woman!
    • jingmt.multiply
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 04:30:05 PM »
nope! i leave it in the car. but if i assume things will get boring, i'll definitely bring one.
2025 is when we expect to experience WATER SHORTAGE...how young will our children then be? ACT NOW! PLS. TAKE CARE OUR EARTH, WE ONLY HAVE 1!

trizh

• aiming high :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 07:41:42 PM »
  -- lage akong may dalang book.. usually isa lang.. kapag pumupunta ako sa mall, or even kapag pupunta lang ako sa tita ko.. ayoko kasi mabored, or minsan hindi ko mabitawan yung book kasi nasa climax na.. ang nakakatawa lang, hindi ko nababasa minsan.. minsan wala lang, pampadagdag lang ng laman ng bag ko..  :D
Learn to wait for the perfect time so that you may discover that all pain found in waiting has a magnificent and awesome purpose ϋ

happyluck

• GirlTalker
    • J'aime la vie!
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 02:25:03 AM »
yes! but not when i attend special occasions syempre.

MisCalculus

• Senior GirlTalker
  • SuNnY Came HomE...
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
i used to carry everyday A Better Way to Live, by Og Mandino. 2 years ago pa yun, ngayon di ko na sya feel.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:56:25 PM by MisCalculus »
"One day you will wake up and there won't be any more time to do the things you've always wanted. Do it now."

pizzameltpie

• GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2009, 09:54:29 PM »
yep i make sure to never leave the house without a book in my bag. actually it depends. kung alam kong party ang pupuntahan ko syempre wala na hehe. and usually 1 lang ang dinadala ko, kung ano man yung binabasa ko at the moment. right now it's paulo coelho's the zahir

ayee10_cha

• Housewife, Cook, Baker, Movie Lover, Friends Addict and a true
  • GirlTalker
  • one step at a time
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2009, 09:58:02 PM »
i do carry one pero bihira ako maglagay sa bag kasi nagugusot dahil sa dami ng gamit ko sa bag...  ;D

katie_21

• Senior GirlTalker
  • i love andrei
    • http://iloveandrei.blogspot.com/
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »
i do carry a book in my bag right now its Eat, pray love.
I let the peace of God rule my heart and I refuse to worry about anything.

jazz17

• GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2009, 10:54:04 PM »
i always have a book in my bag, the one i'm currently reading. must-have lagi ang book sa bag ko every time i go out except during gimmicks. :)

JazzyJean8

• GirlTalker
  • "God made the world. But the Dutch made Holland."
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009, 11:22:06 PM »
All the time.  I feel naked without books with me.  I would rather nurse a painful neck and shoulder and  lug a suitcase of books than ;D be out home without them.
'Do not be afraid for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with My victorious right hand.' - Isaiah 41:10

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.