i did a little research and i just want to share them with you.
some article states that there are no known cause of cramping however i also read some causes of it..
REST cramp or Nocturnal cramps - is i believe what most of us experienced. it is the cramping at night that disturb our sleep.
- electrolyte imbalances ( potassium, magnesium and calcium)
- overuse or exertion of the calf muscle
- cold temperature
- try having a warm/hot shower before you sleep
- stretch your calf before sleeping or during the attack
- massage the affected leg to relax the muscles
- stay well hydrated through out the day
- applying cold/warm compress
- consuming potassium and calcium rich foods (sis, i recommend consuming it through food rather taking supplements. if you want to take supplements, consult a doctor. since these are electrolytes, imbalance of it can cause greater problems.)
check out the websites i read. just summarized it for you guys
for complete info --->
if your experiencing it frequently and its more than 6mos, i suggest you consult a doctor. because cramping is also prominent in certain diseases.