Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 28 JUL 14
Skip drinking at the bar and go on a day trip with your barkada--it's the healthier and more adventurous option!
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Dysmenorrhea  (Read 37478 times)

cluelessss8

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Dysmenorrhea
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 12:55:35 PM »
Hi! I've experience Dysmenorrhea for the longes time!! When I felt that I'll be having my period na, I take Advil in advance or Midol.. then I have to drink a can of Coke. So medyo tolerable na yung pain.

Then, this March 09, I discovered I had a dermoid cyst in my right ovary. Follicle monitoring lang e.. then, may cyst pala sa loob! I had a laparoscopic operation last April and took out the Cyst.

Right now, pag may period, ndi na masakit At all!!
Different cases din for different people I guess.

junepets

• pink.purple.blue.green.yellow. red.elephant.hellokitty. havainas.lacoste
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Happily married to the one I truly love....
    • my IG
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 01:14:28 PM »
i also have dysmenorrhea..
every month talaga.. :(
i take aleeve naman..
pinabili ko sa friend ko from US...
first love is important but last love is VERY VERY important.... because first love teaches what is love and last love teaches WHAT IS LIFE.

gHoDdEsS

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 02:25:30 PM »
me too. im also having occasional dysmenorrhea, mga 3x a year lang... during those times, either sedentary ang lifestyle ko (as in less physical activities for the last days before my period) or mga oily and salty foods ang nakakain ko... hence, since regular naman ako, i make sure na nakakapag-exercise ako beforehand and iwas sa mga oily, sour and salty foods...  ;D

kim_trasher07

• a goth-metal chix, proud mama, makeupholic, don't-care-attitude, anime lover, movie diver & a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • iM like summer of "500 days of summer"
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 03:28:53 PM »
i had this case too since nung nasa high school din ako. ang sakit sobra ng puson ko and namumutla na ko. kahit uminom ako ng midol, dolfenol etc. di pa rin nawawala yung sakit. Nung nanganak ako, akala ko mawawala na pero until na sumasakit sakit pa din siya pero di na tulad ng before ako magbuntis na sobrand tindi ng sakit.ngayon medyo tolerable na yung pain. nabasa ko mga oral contraceptive nakakatulong daw sa dysmenorrhea.
"Once more into the frey, until the one last good fight. Live and Die on this day.Live and Die on this day"

Cheesecak3

• Mom
  • Super GirlTalker
  • missing my baby so much....
    • Jan's Travel and Tours
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »
Nakakatulong ang advil pero hindi dapat palagi.

gHoDdEsS

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »
mga sis, if u experience dysmenorrhea, try to sleep, proven (as from my experience) na nakakatanggal yung tulog to lessen, if not eliminate, the pain.  ;)

Cherniguin

• Super GirlTalker
  • Do the math. Count your blessings.
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »
Oh my gosh!  I suffered since the first year I had my period!  I even reached the point na pain meds didn't work na. Lahat-lahat I tried! My pain was soooo bad I used to crawl to the clinic and 'begged' (then later on 'demanded') for pain-killer injection (it acts faster).  Lumala pa nung years na I was so traumatized by the pain that once my period would start my whole body would stiffen and I'll have SEVERE gastric pain (MUCH, MUCH, MUCH WORSE AND PAINFUL) WITH PERIOD PAIN!  For 2 years I didn't know it's gastric and I went to so many doctors in many countries and no one told me that it's gastric..then I met an Indian doctor who diagnosed me properly..pero even with proper medications my dysmenorrhea still was worse.  It was bad that a week before I had a bag ready na (it has cds and cd player --wala pa akong itouch then...haha!; magazines, dvds, hot water bottle, pain killers, socks --once I get the pain attack my feet and hands would be very cold while I would sweat like mad)..then the day before I would position myself na in the couch with my bag.  I don't talk for 2 days (pain would be for 2days straight ha so about 48hours STRAIGHT unless I get the injection) AND I can't eat so I would force-feed myself kasi I was taking medications.

It improved lang when I had laparoscopy 2-3yrs ago...it improved immensely!  Pero after a few months bumalik ulit but not that bad na (I don't get gastric pains na din)...AND NO THE PAIN WILL NOT (NEVER EVER!) STOP OR LESSEN IF YOU GET MARRIED OR EVEN AFTER KIDS...

And this is what I learned from the doctor in Emergency (yup I was rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night because of dysmenorrhea:
 I TAKE VOLTAREN (my own choice) TABLET THE DAY MISMO NA ALAM KONG DARATING.  I HAVE SYMPTOMS LIKE NAUSEA, ACHY HIPS AND LITTLE SPOTTING---ONCE I HAVE THESE NA I TAKE VOLTAREN AGAD AGAD AND EVERY 8HOURS AFTER THAT FOR 2 DAYS...AND IT WORKS!!!!  BUT MAKE SURE YOU EAT WELL BEFORE TAKING VOLTAREN or any pain medication.

So kung alam mo yung cycle mo, take pain medication BEFORE the pain would start and take it every 7-8hours (after meal ha) for 2 days.

And SEE A GYNE and get a proper ultrasound also...

Avoid cold drinks the whole week of period.  Drink/sip hot water all through out the week..

Good luck, dear!  Whenever someone mention about period nga in front of me I would feel like throwing up--parang traumatized na ako sa word na 'period' or 'menstruation' because of the unexplainable pain.

additional story:  When i miscarried, I was induced kasi baby's 5months na, they kept on asking me if I was 'in labor' na so they can push me to the room and I kept asking back how would I know and they said 'you'll know coz the pain will be incredible'...and all those while pala I was in labor kaso di ko maintindihan kasi my dysmenorrhea WAS MORE PAINFUL (or similar) than labor pains!  Honestly!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:57:12 PM by Cherniguin »
For the wonder of who I am, I praise YOU.

kittiekatt

• i'm a mystery!!!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 10:21:44 AM »
Tagal kong di nakapost dito.hehe..

CHOCOLATE PINK,yup sis.. Vitamins siya.. My OB said I shouldn't rely daw on painkillers.. Nagka hormonal imbalance din ako dati.. Sobrang sakit talaga.. The OB prescribed me Mosegor cause it helps daw lessen muscle contractions.. Para daw marelax yung muscles sa puson.. Good thing naman now na di na ako gaanong nagkaka dysmenorrhea.. I take iron supplements na kc,before and after my period..

CHERNIGUIN,naku sis.. Traumatic naman ng experience mo.. Siguro if sakin din ganun kasakit,matratrauma din ako.. Buti na nga ngayon kc mild na lang yung sakit at tolerable..

Ask ko lang mga sis,pag may dysmenorrhea ba kayo,yung whole puson niyo ba yung sumasakit? Kc sakin sa right side lang.. Normal lang ba yan?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:41:36 AM by kittiekatt »

kim_trasher07

• a goth-metal chix, proud mama, makeupholic, don't-care-attitude, anime lover, movie diver & a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 11:39:24 PM »
sa akin whole puson. ok din pala yung hot water na nasa bote.tapos iroroll mo sa puson.. nakakalessen ng pain.
"Once more into the frey, until the one last good fight. Live and Die on this day.Live and Die on this day"

chocolatepink

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Inlove & Blessed
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »
thanks sis kittiekatt, so vitamins pala yun... napaisip ako kasi last annual medical examination namin dito sa office anemic daw ako yun yung abnormal findings ko...

buong puson din masakit sa akin sis kim_trasher07 and yes masarap talaga yung hot compress sabay tulog kaso kapag may pasok di naman pwedeng tulog ako...i bought hot compress sa mercury less than 100 pesos, okay din andito lang sa office in case atakihin ako, minsan ang hirap kasi maghanap ng bote/ plastic bottle..  8)
We may feel afraid, but we dont have to be afraid. We can go forward w/knees shaking saying "God is with us. He will never leave us or forsake us & we can do everything that we need to do. We will not be in fear. What can man do to us?" -Psalm 116:6

kittiekatt

• i'm a mystery!!!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 11:24:23 PM »
Sis CHOCOLATEPINK,i think isang factor din yung anemia sa pagkakaroon ng dysmenorrhea.. And stress too.. It's better you take iron supplements too,sis.. And lessen the stress.. :)

Sis KIM_TRASHER07,yup sis.. Nakakarelax talaga.. I apply it too pag sobrang sakit na.. And then sa feet ko rin pag nanlalamig na ako..

kittiekatt

• i'm a mystery!!!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 11:25:03 PM »
Sis CHOCOLATEPINK,i think isang factor din yung anemia sa pagkakaroon ng dysmenorrhea.. And stress too.. It's better you take iron supplements too,sis.. And lessen the stress.. :)

Sis KIM_TRASHER07,yup sis.. Nakakarelax talaga.. I apply it too pag sobrang sakit na.. And then sa feet ko rin pag nanlalamig na ako..

meg1104

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
Please make sure to visit an OB if you experience this.
I had the worst case until I was 23, I thought malas lang ang may dysmenorrhea. Hindi pala, it can be a symptom of a problem.
True enough, I had cysts, malalaki na, one on each ovary that prompted a surgery right away. I was still single that time.

After getting married, one year we tried to get pregnant but it was not easy. Four years after my surgery, found out cysts were back. That was the problem why I was not getting pregnant. I succumb to another surgery last year. Now, we are actively trying again. Sana we can pregnant this time.....

chocolatepink

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Inlove & Blessed
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 06:07:25 PM »
Thank you sis meg, i pray na magka-baby na kayo...
We may feel afraid, but we dont have to be afraid. We can go forward w/knees shaking saying "God is with us. He will never leave us or forsake us & we can do everything that we need to do. We will not be in fear. What can man do to us?" -Psalm 116:6

kim_trasher07

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2009, 03:02:41 AM »
 sis chocolatepink thanks sa post mo. meron palang hot compress sa mercury. Di ko kasi alam yun. sa bahy lang ako nakakapaghot compress. kaya pag inatake ako sa labas. naglulupasay na ko sa sakit. Good thing nabanggit mo. makabili na nga nun, para may mabaon ako. :)

annie_barzaga

• GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 10:14:12 AM »
natural healing or prevention ng dysmenorrhea is to eat fruits before our period, pinakamabisa na ang banana. drink lots of cranberry juice...

routine ko na yun, before kasi meds ang gamit ko to take away the pain. naread ko as isang article na to avoid dysmenorrhea is to eat lots of fruits a week before our period...
"kung gusto maraming paraan, kung ayaw maraming dahilan"

icegurl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2009, 10:32:24 AM »
I used to suffer from severe dysmenorrhea din way back highschool and college. Nawala lang when I took ocp na prescribed ng derma ko. I stopped it last year kasi ibang meds na prescribed niya for my acne, kaya ngayon back to dysmenorrhea na naman ako.

In my case, first 2 days lang naman ako merong dysmenorrhea and nawawala agad when I take alaxan.

Ruthie_girlicious

• GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 03:24:05 PM »
Every 1st day of my period meron ako nito.  Abdominal cramps and sobrang heavy and feeling sa may pempem.  Days before or after my period nagkaka migraine naman ako... I take advil everytime and I can say that it really helps.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge HIM, and he will make your paths straight" - Proverbs 3:5-6

chocolatepink

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Inlove & Blessed
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 10:52:41 AM »
yup sis kim_trasher07 meron dun :) it will save your from too much pain...buti nalang meron lagi hot water sa dispenser sa office...

lovemariepalma

• The World is NoT eNoUgH...
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 02:45:26 AM »
Me too. 1 week b4, daming symptoms tas on 1st pain sa puson but more sa legs..maganda pag walang work ang 1st day at least ma 'hang' ko legs ko..huhuhu.
Take a 10-30 minute walk every day.  And while you walk, smile.  It is the ultimate antidepressant.
Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.  Buy a lock if you have to.
Always pray and make time to exercise.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.