Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 19 SEP 14
Feeling angsty after a break-up? Vent to your friends over coffee—not on the Internet. There's no telling who will read your rants on Facebook or Twitter.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: The Nihonggo Thread (2nd Thread)  (Read 25719 times)

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: The Nihonggo Thread (2nd Thread)
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 03:57:30 PM »
@ sis cheaca, if i remember right, last year, during the open house at the makati branch, they gave away discount coupons for the raffle winners to be used upon enrolment. meron din naman na nanalo pinamigay na lang kasi done na sila sa mga levels. sayang din ang 10%(?).

and if you want i can intro you to some senseis. masaya usually ang open house. marami nga lang tao plus food for sale. ah...baka pwede ka rin maka hiram ng minna nihongo to photocopy. kaya lang oct pa nga siya, tagal pa.

sige, i will do the update.

[edit] a better update of some activities related to nihongo center or anything related to japanese and pinoy www.japinoy.com  ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:01:16 PM by magic dragon »
Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.                                                          ♥ Paulo Coelho ♥
         i am no hater, but more of a laugher. life is too short. let's just have fun.

emtan

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 09:04:08 PM »
thanks so much for your input.

gusto ko rin matuto ng Nihongo. kaya lang natatakot ako baka di kayanin ng utak ko yung mga terms. hehe. naisip ko lang pala, required ba talga kumuha ng jlpt exam ang mga tao kahit na sa nihongo center na sila nag aral?

pomegranate

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 10:40:50 PM »
What I know about the JLPT exams is that it is different from other language proficiency exams in a sense that you can take level 2 (2nd to the highest level) without even taking the lower levels, i.e. level 3 and 4. I think taking the JLPT exams will be a personal decision unless required by work or immigration thingy-magingy (I just don't know if some Nihongo schools do require it, don't know if Nihongo Center does either). If you are just after oral profiency, well then you do not really have to take the test. But of course, a certificate of language proficiency always comes in handy. It's always different when things are in black and white. Besides, the proficiency test will also serve as a propelling drive for you to really study well.

It is true that the Nihongo Center has established itself as established itself as the best in teaching Nihongo. In fact, I know someone who hasn't even set foot in Japan yet can already speak and even teach the language fluently. However, I advise those who can't afford the fees yet to find some other schools that charge less. I did. So much can happen in what . . .  for example, in 3 months, that maybe your set of priorities will be different and your passion for learning is already dampened. Self-studying can also help, but learning from anime and japanovela is not enough. Sentence structure is important. You can check out Japanese Intensive Oral 1. It is easy to follow even when self-studying because it is published by a Filipino publishing house so it's patterned for Filipino learners.

The JLPT exams for all levels will be on December 6 of this year. Goodluck to all.

Please take note that the exams for 2010 will be revised.

emtan

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2009, 02:14:59 PM »
Thanks so much for the info. I didn't know pede pala derecho sa higher levels ang JLPT.

j3rz3y

• GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 04:05:17 PM »
日本語を勉強している方へ頑張ってね!

私も日本語の勉強大好き!いくら難しくてもすごく面白いと思います。今年の日本語能力試験受かりたいけど、今仕事でちょっと忙しいので、失敗なるかも ;D 。

shiobeh

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2009, 07:18:32 PM »
Hello everyone! :) I am currently enrolled in Elem 2 at Nihongo Center. I really enjoy it, medyo mahirap nga lang since you have to memorize the vocabulary and all. Pati sa kanji, hirap na hirap ako.

Expensive nga lang sa Nihongo Center but I can say na worth it naman. Super fun talaga sya and marami kang matututunan. The teachers are really good too and alam mong credible talaga. :)

I just don't know if I can take JLPT 4 this year. HAHA.

kiracara

• GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2009, 08:00:21 PM »
日本語を勉強している方へ頑張ってね!

Are you sure you won't be taking it :( I'm going to try even though I'm sure I won't pass!
ADDICTED TO ROCK BAND - don't knock it till you try it.

j3rz3y

• GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »
Are you sure you won't be taking it :( I'm going to try even though I'm sure I won't pass!

yeah i'll try who knows baka makapasa hahaha.... chambahan na lang! grabe sobrang hirap need kong mag double effort sa goi and kanji.... goodluck sa atin

cassiopeia

• for the love that can't be defined. yes I am a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • count ur blessings!
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2009, 12:14:25 AM »
if you're interested or anyone here, the nihongo center open house will be sometime 1st week of october at the manila branch. usually, edwin mojica sensei holds free basic nihongo for 2 or 3 hours. nakakatuwa rin. plus of course, other japanese culture activities.

i will post again for more details.

when???when??? please post more details..im interested..want to learn more nihonggo..
ravage my paranoia>>>

You are called to greatness. Every act you do is creating your glorious future. When you really think about it, there’s no such thing as an ordinary day! Live with joy!

cassiopeia

• Senior GirlTalker
  • count ur blessings!
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, 12:18:06 AM »
how much is the fee in nihonggo center???
ravage my paranoia>>>

You are called to greatness. Every act you do is creating your glorious future. When you really think about it, there’s no such thing as an ordinary day! Live with joy!

cassiopeia

• Senior GirlTalker
  • count ur blessings!
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2009, 12:25:16 AM »
日本語を勉強している方へ頑張ってね!

wow you memorized all that kanji?
hiragana and katakana palang ako..i really need to enroll.
how much is the fee for elem.level in nihonggo center???
ravage my paranoia>>>

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2009, 11:33:24 AM »

FYI... courtesy of http://www.japinoy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3117

Nihongo Center Open House 2009

Learn more about JAPAN & its CULTURE at the 2009 Nihongo Center Open House!

WHEN: October 3, 2009 (Saturday) / 9:30 a.m. ~ 5:00 p.m.

WHERE: Nihongo Center Foundation, Inc.- Manila Campus (Just across FEU gym)
             823 R. Papa St. Morayta, Sampaloc, Manila

No entrance fee

Activities include:
Tea ceremony
Kimono wearing (Kimono no kitsuke)
Anime film showing
Trivia booth
Sumo wrestling match
Basic Nihongo lesson
Origami lesson
Karaoke contest
Cosplay contest
Anime drawing contest
Kana writing contest
Speech contest
Plus more!!

*The OPEN HOUSE on October 3 is open to the public, however only students of Nihongo Center Foundation (NCF) and the Philippine Institute of Japanese Language and Culture (PIJLC) may JOIN the contests.

Come Bring Your Family & Friends.
Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.                                                          ♥ Paulo Coelho ♥

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2009, 12:19:07 PM »

^^^ sis, this is just to give you an idea. fees posted are based from the jan-june 2009 sched. hope this helps.

courtesy of http://www.japinoy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2143 

For Beginners:

(1) Elementary 1
Conversation, reading & writing for beginners. With Hiragana, Katakana & 50 Kanjis
68 hours  With Midterm & Final Examinations
Php11,900

(2) Nihongo Kaiwa 1
PLAIN conversation for beginners. Without reading & writing Japanese characters
24 hours   NO Examinations
Php4,800

(3) Nihongo for Caregivers Modules 1-2
Conversation, reading & writing for beginners. With Hiragana, Katakana & Kanji
110 hours   With Midterm & Final Examinations
Php22,000

For NON-Beginners:

Elementary 2   Php11,520

Elementary 2  Intensive  Php11,520

Elementary 3   Php11,840

Elementary 4   Php12,160

Intermediate 1  Php12,800

Intermediate 2  Php13,120

* Non-Nihongo Center students are required to take an Evaluation Exam before enrolling for any of the NON-Beginner Courses.

* Please see Course Guidelines for the scope of each courses.

* Requirement : 2 pcs. 1Ă—1 photo for the Entry Pass & pay additional P30

* Minimum Number of Enrollees to START the class: 10 (Ten)

for updates: www.nihongocenter.com
or call manila branch  #7353179
makati branch # 892-4916 to 19

cherrycola

• GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »
I downloaded Japanese Foundation by Michel Thomas thru torrent and synced it to my ipod. I'm done with the 1st cd. Mukang madali lang.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 04:36:12 PM by cherrycola »

greenwood05

• Junior GirlTalker
    • N + A
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
Hi mga sis, ako i'm currently studying nihongo, elective subject kasi siya sa course ko eh. sobrang naeenjoy ko naman,

and ask ko lang po... pano po ba magkaroon ng hiragana and katakana fonts @_@

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »
Anybody else here who is studying Nihonggo? I'm currently enrolled in the intensive elementary course at the Japanese Cultural Society here in SG. Very intensive nga but I'm enjoying it. Yun nga lang minsan wala akong assignment at hindi prepared pagdating sa class 'coz of my very hectic sked at work. Hopefull I'll be able to manage my time properly after these pilot projects at work para mas mabigyan ko ng focus itong nihonggo studies.

emtan

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »
@pink

Ang cool naman at nagiintensive nihongo course ka sa Singapore. Gusto ko rin sana magaral ng Nihongo sa Singapore dati, kaya lang yung gusto kong school hindi nag proprocess ng student visa. :(

rene_angelnoir

• GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2011, 10:03:24 PM »
Hi sis!

Do you have  any idea Kung ilang years ka mag-aaral bago ka maging level 3 sa jlpt? I wanted to study Japanese and use it as a career...

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14:58 PM »
^baka at least 2 years, sis, kung intensive course.

zachary

• GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2011, 09:39:10 AM »
Hello! san kaya maganda mag enroll ng Nihongo Class with Reading and Writing..

Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.