Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 22 OCT 14
Invest in closet classics like one little black dress, a white polo shirt, and a pair of slacks. After you have them all, you can splurge
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: The Nihonggo Thread (2nd Thread)  (Read 26181 times)

Cynthia0915

Re: The Nihonggo Thread (2nd Thread)
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »
Interested din ako matuto ng nihonggo san po ba pwede magenrol na di masyado mahal

kikay iska

• crazy/beautiful southpaw
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 09:49:31 PM »
I had Jap lessons in college. I chose it as my language elective.  I used to know all of hiragana and katakana and some kanji too but i can only remember a few now. I tend to forget if i don't use them often.  But i'd love to refresh my memory here :) 
"...to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - Henry David Thoreau

pomegranate

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »
^^Konnichiwa

I'm interested in learning this (also) so I inquired in Nihonggo Center but I find it expensive so I opted to go to JLRC.

I'm taking up Intensive Oral Japanese with Writing. Nag-start lang ako kanina, sched ko is every Monday, 6-8pm. P3.5k kasama na materials.

emtan

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 11:54:11 AM »
Sayang, malayo sa amin yung JLRC. Mas mura nga sa inyo. How many hours yung 3.5 K?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:34:48 AM by emtan »

miki09

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 05:13:02 PM »
みなさんこんにちは :)
日本語を勉強しています。

Hi guys. I'm studying Japanese too. Yay!  ;D
More than a year na self-study pero lower intermediate pa rin level ko.

Share ko lang to tinuro ng Japanese friend ko (sori kung may wrong grammar siya  :) )

The Japanese Laugh

(笑) : You have something to share with others. Different from other laughs, this is used to explicitly show that you’re laughing about the thing you said previously and urging others to laugh.

Hahaha はっはっは : You have something funny to laugh about, or you have something to brag about. Some people use this laugh to justify themselves when they are pointed out their faults.

Buwahaha, Gahahaha (ぶわっはっは、がはっはっは) : You have something that makes you unable to avoid bursting into laughter. It’s not woman’s way of laughing in Japan. This laugh is stronger than “Hahaha”.

Fufufu ふっふっふ : You have a secret or something only in your mind. You use this laugh to let others know the fact that you know something they don’t know. Some people use this laugh as the modest version hehe (ヘっヘっヘ).

Fofofo (ふぉっふぉっふぉ) : This laugh is used to mean, “Hey, young man, you’re immature to do something like that.”

Kekeke (けっけっけ) : A laugh of monsters or ghosts in Japan.

Following laughs are used when you look down on others explicitly. You’d better not use the following to strangers since it is quite rare for Japanese to let others know that you look down on them. Here’re laughs in an ascending order of how much you look down on others.

ふっ << ふんっ << はっ << はんっ << へっ << けっ

I explained several Japanese laugh, but it is also important how you laugh. If you use hahaha laugh loudly, we would think that you’re bragging on something, but if you use “hahaha” laugh with smile, we would think that you just have something funny.

yinandyang

• bonggang bonggang echusera
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 01:09:11 AM »
thanks for the tips. im thinking of a self improvement class kasi e.

pah self studying, what books doy ou buy? meron na ba sa national o powerbooks?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:23:04 AM by yinandyang »
"Kung maghihintay ka nang ng lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo.. Dapat lumandi ka din."

- Bob Ong

hannabishi

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 02:32:51 PM »
Hmmm... I took several Japanese lessons already but the most effective for me is the one here in university. I became way better in writing and reading Hiragana and Katakana. So far, I can also read and write about more or less 200 Kanji characters.

emtan

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 09:34:02 AM »
Hi hannabishi,

Saan ka nagaaral? Full time course ba kinuha mo? Thanks!

Hmmm... I took several Japanese lessons already but the most effective for me is the one here in university. I became way better in writing and reading Hiragana and Katakana. So far, I can also read and write about more or less 200 Kanji characters.

cheaca

• Go Gibo!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • GT Seller #154, I <3 HK and Paris
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 03:07:27 PM »
I do not know whether to take up French or Japanese language courses. I work for a Japanese company but we don't really need to learn Nihongo. I only know the really basic stuff and some gana and kana. Plan ko na lang mag self study muna... may alam ba kayo san pwede bumili ng Minna no Nihongo?

ありたとう ございます
Go Gibo! :-)

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 06:47:01 PM »

my son was able to get it directly from japan. if i were you, let someone buy it for you. parang mahirap mahanap nyan dito unless photocopied.
Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.                                                          ♥ Paulo Coelho ♥
         i am no hater, but more of a laugher. life is too short. let's just have fun.

hannabishi

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 01:21:36 AM »
^^I took it as a subject in my undergrad studies. I'm studying in Canada, sis. I tried studying Nihongo in USTe and in Nihongo Center in Morayta but so far, the best, most effective lessons I got is from here.

^There's a Nihongo Center in Makati and Manila. I think they're the best institution for learning Japanese. They also offer different scholarships and contests for Filipinos. They also have a book and a CD which is helpful for those who are really interested. Here's the link:

http://www.nihongocenter.com/

tamarind26

• Super GirlTalker
    • Virtual Thoughts
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
^Oo maganda sa NihongoCenter. Hubby and I enrolled there but di namin tinapos kasi hubby left for abroad na and wala na akong kasama so tinamad na ring pumasok. I can attest tho' they have very good teachers and matututo ka talaga. We had a lot of exercises.

^Sis cheaca, I have a copy of the Minna No Nihongo from Nihongo Center. You can have it photocopied.
M * A * Y * A * N * G * K * Y

cherrycola

• GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 08:19:39 PM »
How much in Nihongo Center sis and where is that? Im planning to enroll next month. I already inquired from Berlitz and ok naman ang price nya.

tamarind26

• Super GirlTalker
    • Virtual Thoughts
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 08:38:15 PM »
^They have a center in Makati and near Recto. 8k each kami ni hubby for Basic Nihonggo.

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 06:13:25 AM »

^ hello sis! i just want to know who was your teacher in nihonggo center. after basic hindi mo na nasundan ang level?

thanks.
Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.                                                          ♥ Paulo Coelho ♥

tamarind26

• Super GirlTalker
    • Virtual Thoughts
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 12:15:44 PM »
^nakalimutan ko na name ng teacher ko sis (haha,,,only shows I'm old na to even remember)...hay! Di ko na tinapos yung basic sis kasi umalis na si hubby for abroad and ako nalang mag-isa pupunta Recto from Makati. Sayang nga bayad namin...huhu.

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 01:43:14 PM »

ay sayang! pero nagagamit mo yung basic nihonggo sa career mo?

tamarind26

• Super GirlTalker
    • Virtual Thoughts
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »
^Sadly sis, hindi kasi after that I worked na for HSBC UK so english na.  Now naman I work homebased pero British client pa rin. I can only speak a few words in Nihonggo. Sayang talaga yung binayad namin. Pero maganda ang training dun and masaya kasi may exercises kayo.

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 02:25:53 PM »

if you're interested or anyone here, the nihongo center open house will be sometime 1st week of october at the manila branch. usually, edwin mojica sensei holds free basic nihongo for 2 or 3 hours. nakakatuwa rin. plus of course, other japanese culture activities.

i will post again for more details. 

cheaca

• Go Gibo!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • GT Seller #154, I <3 HK and Paris
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 03:24:11 PM »
^ Sige sis, please post a reminder here kasi I want to attend. By that time, I have saved up enough money to enroll in Nihongo Center.
Go Gibo! :-)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.