Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 02 OCT 14
Involve yourself in your child’s life by inviting his friends over for a playdate. While you’re at it, invite the mommies of his pals as well
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: All about sewing part 2  (Read 127101 times)

sumkinda_bobie

• mycooshies
  • My Cooshies Plush Items
    • Mycooshies Plush Items
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 06:29:04 AM »
i'd like to suggest for those planning to attend sewing classes...mag start na rin kayo mag practice or better yet attempt to create a simple dress para madaling maintindihan yung lessons.  Malalaman mo agad kung saan ka nagkamali at madali mo rin ma-grasp yung pinagsasabi ng instructor mo kasi minsan sa totoo lang nakakalito. ;)
Plush Strawberry bracelets/ Jacko Coin Purse/ Bedeviled Rings and other handmade cute stuff! ;)

www.mycooshies.multiply.com

www.mycooshies.blogspot.com

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 09:56:31 AM »

^thank you for the advice. i'm starting with a pair of pajamas. i can't dare to sew the top. i still need to learn how to perfect the pattern making.

if ever, i will have a business on sewing, i'd like to have this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QZf7LdspZE

kaya lang too expensive. P150k, afaik.  ;)
Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.                                                          ♥ Paulo Coelho ♥
         i am no hater, but more of a laugher. life is too short. let's just have fun.

Sunshine

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Oh, she's gonna be a heartbreaker!
    • ThePseudoshrink
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2009, 01:43:44 PM »
Kaht ba sis dito sa US ko nabili yong brother sewing machine ko?? san ko maaavail yong free class? ano kelangan nila? Thanks.

Kung nasa US ka, di pwede kasi dito sa Pinas ang lessons. But do check the store where you got it from.

pomegranate

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 02:39:22 PM »
I don't know if this belongs to this thread, but can someone happen to know where are other bag design/making workshops other than the ones offered in SOFA? Wala [textspeak!] sila offered this june besides the fact that it is 15k.

Thanks in advance  :-*

rockstarmama

• GirlTalker
  • mom of three
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 01:07:14 AM »
I took bag design sa Fashion Institute of the Philippines. Try mo there, sis!  :)

RE: Sewing Machines, can anyone recommend an industrial sewing machine that can sew through felt and suede leather?

TIA
Right where I wanna be!

pomegranate

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2009, 10:10:49 PM »
^ sis, thanks ha, tagal na tapos kaw lang ng answer  :D Thanks for the tip, more importantly, mas reasonable compared to other schools that offered the same course. Too bad na-fill up ko na sched ko during saturdays, anyway, maybe next time.

About your inquiry, you can try out the supplier of Juki and Brother industrial sewing machines along E. Rodriquez Avenue. Eto yata [textspeak!] malapit sa St. Luke's. Google Kimura Chavez Enterprise for more details.

Meron din daw sa pier, nakakachamba ng second hand industrial type.

rockstarmama

• GirlTalker
  • mom of three
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 11:37:47 PM »
Thanks sis! I can't wait to go there and check it out so I can start na may biz :)
Right where I wanna be!

boytalk

• Probationary
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 07:56:51 AM »
there's a basic sewing course in fashion institute of the philippines for 7,500php. you can make you own schedule  ;D

san po located ito? and meron kaya silang hi speed sewing course pag saturdays?

rockstarmama

• GirlTalker
  • mom of three
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 03:04:21 PM »
Its at the sykes office building. Yeah they have Saturday as well.
Right where I wanna be!

septembernine

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »
one the things i must learn is to sew. will definitely start next year. mejo tight and budget this year cause of the wedding preps but i'll enroll in a sewing class next year. that's for sure.
-F2A: PD Mar 2010

vintage manila

• vintage manila
    • vintage manila
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009, 04:26:37 PM »
ok ba na sewing machine yung mga nabibili sa mall na portable? mga 3k yata.
visit my ONLINE STORE!

www.vintagemanila.com

duh_shin

• i want to be happy ♥
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2009, 06:59:14 AM »
I'm so glad we have this thread! I had my dressmaking course way back and it seems that I forgot how to draft a blouse pattern. I lost all of my notes since we move to another location. Is there a site or someone who can help/give me a draft pattern? ???

liz_stardust

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »

san po located ito? and meron kaya silang hi speed sewing course pag saturdays?

Fashion Institute of the Philippines is located at One San Miguel Building malapit lang sa Shangrila. Yup puro high speed ang machines nila, pwede Saturdays. basta anytime mo gustong pumasok :)

"Life is like topography, Hobbes. There are summits of happiness and success... ...Flat stretches of boring routine... ...And valleys of frustration and failure."
-Calvin

lettefajardo

• GirlTalker
  • Bazaarista & Online Entrepreneur
    • Itsie Bitsie Bundles and Silly Monkey Clothing
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2009, 08:35:49 PM »
I've always wanted to take a short course on dressmaking. I know how to sew by hand and my stitches are pretty decent (thanks to a perfectionist HE teacher in Grade 6... hehe), but I still don't how to use a sewing machine...

This is definitely on my to do list for this year... :)

liz_stardust

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2009, 07:42:15 PM »
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:17:00 AM by liz_stardust »
"Life is like topography, Hobbes. There are summits of happiness and success... ...Flat stretches of boring routine... ...And valleys of frustration and failure."
-Calvin

liz_stardust

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:17:34 AM by liz_stardust »
-Calvin

chocolatefever

• H.R.H.
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • No Day But Today!
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 06:18:27 PM »
hi sisses, do any of you know where can i find nice fabrics here in manila, similar to the amy butler fabrics?

http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/fabrics_top.php?fabric=midwest-modern&flid=12
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. - Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

Sunshine

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Oh, she's gonna be a heartbreaker!
    • ThePseudoshrink
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2009, 06:40:55 AM »

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2009, 07:18:06 AM »

^^ ay, ang ganda naman ng designs nyan. parang ang sarap gumawa ng comforter.

sabi marami raw textiles sa cainta/taytay. normally, duon daw kumukuha ng supplies ang divisoria. di ko lang mapuntahan kasi ang layo.

for the location, google map.   
Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.                                                          ♥ Paulo Coelho ♥
         i am no hater, but more of a laugher. life is too short. let's just have fun.

maigrichonne

• GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »
Ask ko lang, paano kayo natuto gumamit ng makina? May nagturo ba sa inyo nung bata pa kayo?

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.