Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 21 AUG 14
For a healthy alternative, use veggies like broccoli and spinach as pizza toppings!
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: All about sewing part 2  (Read 124318 times)

iheartkitsch

• de-lurking at last!
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • The Narcissus Project
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 10:21:09 AM »
hi ask ko po details sa TESDA courses. May requirements po ba? interested ako to learn sewing and other crafts. may equipment sa bahay, machine and serger ata tawag dun na nasasayang lang, eh.  :D

Sunshine

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Oh, she's gonna be a heartbreaker!
    • ThePseudoshrink
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »
Mas mura ang Brother sewing machine sa Automatic Center kaysa sa SM. I got myself a BM-2600 (25 stitches; 9K) last February, and this is the very first real dress I sewed using my new machine:

Pic 1
Pic 2
This is my daughter's gala dress.

I don't have any formal training in sewing, but it's something that I really enjoy doing. Yung sewing machine, I used to use my mom's, a very old Singer atras-abante and de-padyak. I was afraid to use motor dati kasi parang feeling ko di ko kayang ma-control. Pero when I tried using my Brother sewing machine, I'm never going back. It's so easy to use talaga. I'm planning to study pattern-making kasi yun talaga ang heart and soul ng paggawa ng dress. Can you suggest a school that's good in pattern-making?

bingski

• proud momma ni Aidan
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 07:08:51 AM »
ganda ng dress!!!

Sunshine

• Senior GirlTalker
    • ThePseudoshrink
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 10:31:21 AM »
Thank you bingski!

em.em

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »
free po ba talaga yung dressmaking program sa tesda?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 04:19:04 PM »

up the thread. i have the same question as sis em's.

gusto ko rin ma exploit ang sewing. it looks fun.
Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.                                                          ♥ Paulo Coelho ♥
         i am no hater, but more of a laugher. life is too short. let's just have fun.

kimberly428

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »
any suggestions re: model of sewing machine? gusto ko kasi sana yun may pang edging (tama ba?) na...para mas malinis yun gawa :)... i plan to do sewing again... thanks in advance!
"Is anything too hard for the LORD?" - Genesis18:14

Sunshine

• Senior GirlTalker
    • ThePseudoshrink
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 04:14:24 PM »
@kimberly428
The Brother XL-2600 is a great starter sewing machine. It has a zigzag stitch that I used for the edges.

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 04:49:14 PM »

me naman my son recently bought me an XL5500 for a mother's day gift. ok din naman siguro kasi start me pa lang focus on sewing.

ang alam ko singer yata ang may edging kaya lang for brother, sis sunshine is right. pwede na ang zigzag stitch for edges.

slight problem, i need to go to brother ofc for more lectures on the use of the machine. super kapa lang ako with the manual. other than i need to enrol myself in a sewing class. ngayon ko lang na realize...exciting pala ang manahi. ;) 
Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.                                                          ♥ Paulo Coelho ♥

maria_fides

• a Lady Sailor ;-)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I love my Family!
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 01:23:35 AM »
Yeyy! Got my new sewing machine... Can you give me some tips on how to start sewing, I mean, basic things on sewing. Thank you.
"The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds - they mature slowly.  ~Peter De Vries"

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.

"You cannot teach a crab to walk straight. "

boytalk

• Probationary
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 12:13:23 PM »
[textspeak!] day po sa inyong lahat... ask lang po kung san makakabili ng murang hi speed sew machine. plan using this to make bags..
around 6k below budget(second hand)

Sunshine

• Senior GirlTalker
    • ThePseudoshrink
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 10:23:24 PM »
^maria_fides, ano ang binili mong sewing machine? Pag Brother kasi, may free na class. Very basic lang.

maria_fides

• a Lady Sailor ;-)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I love my Family!
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 12:59:44 AM »
^maria_fides, ano ang binili mong sewing machine? Pag Brother kasi, may free na class. Very basic lang.

Kaht ba sis dito sa US ko nabili yong brother sewing machine ko?? san ko maaavail yong free class? ano kelangan nila? Thanks.
"The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds - they mature slowly.  ~Peter De Vries"

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.

"You cannot teach a crab to walk straight. "

achel_wei

• Self-Proclaimed Artist and Fashionista
  • GirlTalker
    • Check out my deviantART works!
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 03:42:31 PM »
gusto ko rin malaman kung libre yung sa tesda dressmaking course. at kung saan ginagawa ang training?
"I have heard with admiring submission the experience of the lady who declared that the sense of being perfectly well-dressed gives a feeling of inward tranquility which religion is powerless to bestow. "

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

liz_stardust

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 04:53:25 PM »
there's a basic sewing course in fashion institute of the philippines for 7,500php. you can make you own schedule  ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 05:00:04 PM by liz_stardust »
"Life is like topography, Hobbes. There are summits of happiness and success... ...Flat stretches of boring routine... ...And valleys of frustration and failure."
-Calvin

utotmopink

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Pink MagaLine
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 11:47:20 PM »
wow, that's cool! anyone here joining the fashion institute of the philippines?

by the way, share ko lang ang latest project which i did today..
uso ang headbands ngayon di ba? so i made a headband for my baby girl.. she's so cute with it! :) kinamay ko lang yan.. heheh.. ala pa kasi akong sewing machine eh..

joch77

• GirlTalker
    • Pseudo Jane
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 02:54:21 PM »
hallo all! i'm not sure if this is the righ thread for this, but I was wondering if you know what's a nice electric sewing kit to begin with, and if just in case you know the price that would be great too! :) I'm not very into sewing before, I remembered I used to ask my schoolmate to sew my school projects co'z I was really poor with those machines..I remembered our school used to have those non-electric ones with wooden body, very tedious needle replacing!! But anyway, recently I've come across several websites with a bunch of very interesting sewing projects..they seemed fun plus mukhang eventually could be a source of income (on the side d ba?) ehhehe..anyway..i am yapping now..but hope to hear your thoughts on my sewing machine question :) good day!

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 05:43:46 PM »

i recently got Brother XL5500(15 stitiches) for P8995.00. i wanted the BM26600(25 stitiches) for almost P10k but there was no delivery the time my son bought.

but prior to the buy i compared brother to a singer model costing about P10,500. i settled with the XL5500 and i'm having fun these days.  so far, so good.

but no plans yet to have business with it. :D

ladybeatrice_25

• GirlTalker
    • I sell handmade and outsourced accessories!
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 08:07:10 PM »
mga sissies, saan ba makakabili nung hand held na sewing machine, I'm just not sure kung handy stitch tawag dun... meron ba nun sa quiapo, kasi headband and accessories lang naman gagawin ko...
TIA!!! :)
<Signature removed by Admin. No advertising please. Do not modify>

joch77

• GirlTalker
    • Pseudo Jane
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 09:32:56 PM »
i recently got Brother XL5500(15 stitiches) for P8995.00. i wanted the BM26600(25 stitiches) for almost P10k but there was no delivery the time my son bought.

but prior to the buy i compared brother to a singer model costing about P10,500. i settled with the XL5500 and i'm having fun these days.  so far, so good.

but no plans yet to have business with it. :D

talks for the reply magic dragon :) i saw some singer sewing machines online as well, but no price, at least now I have an idea...as for the business thing haha..that's mostly me dreaming for the moment..first i got to learn how to sew! thanks again!

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.