Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 22 OCT 14
Invest in closet classics like one little black dress, a white polo shirt, and a pair of slacks. After you have them all, you can splurge
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Polymer Clay 101  (Read 71556 times)

g3rl_23

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I ❤ ARASHI
Re: Polymer Clay 101
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
pwede naman yung 6 inches, basta kakasya sa oven mo.  or, pwede naman by parts yun para mas maliit syang ipapasok sa oven. :D
♥ Have enough courage to trust love one more time...always one more time... ♥

rhivz

• Probationary
    • TheHappyDreamer.com
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2009, 11:22:50 AM »
hi...gusto ko din mtutunan gmwa ng crafts from polymer clay..
may lam ba kayong nagbe2nta sa pampanga??
thanks ;D

maralynn

• Probationary
  • i give up completely
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 11:08:32 PM »
opps.,ask ko lang.,how much na po ba yung polymer clay "primo".,sa multiply kasi may nagbebentay 120 nalang daw.,mura na po ba un?
if you blame someone else, you'll just get stubborn and say you're never forgive them, but when you blame yourself, you can shrug it off. since there's nothing you can do about it and you won't get angry that way either

Miss Minchin

• ------------------------------------------------------------
  • Probationary
  • An online seller and buyer
    • rangelcreations.multiply.com
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 07:20:45 PM »
opps.,ask ko lang.,how much na po ba yung polymer clay "primo".,sa multiply kasi may nagbebentay 120 nalang daw.,mura na po ba un?
in other sites in multiply some sell each bar at P125 others P120, some give discounts if you buy several bars, i suggest you ask for her/his wholesale price to see if you can get a better deal
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:30:51 PM by Miss Minchin »

maralynn

• Probationary
  • i give up completely
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2010, 11:09:04 AM »
in other sites in multiply some sell each bar at P125 others P120, some give discounts if you buy several bars, i suggest you ask for her/his wholesale price to see if you can get a better deal

ahh.thank's sis  :)
if you blame someone else, you'll just get stubborn and say you're never forgive them, but when you blame yourself, you can shrug it off. since there's nothing you can do about it and you won't get angry that way either

geumjandi

• Junior GirlTalker
    • http://www.facebook.com/elosfashionhaus
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2010, 08:28:57 AM »
hi im interested in this topic................. may alam ba kayung nagcoconduct workshop?

vangie88

• Junior GirlTalker
  • 'life is an abstract'
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2010, 10:23:02 AM »
this looks so much fun to do!  ;D

sis cutesmile_1728 where do you buy your gadgets/tools you used in designing? tia! :)

calin22

• Karurin-desu, kawaii!! :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Doraemon is love <3 Doraemon Collector <3
    • Crayons and Pensils
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2010, 08:30:48 PM »
ako i learn this craft on youtube :)
kasi when i was young i love clay na talaga.
i even bought a air dry - no bake clay sa SG :) angel clay ang tawag sa kanya. pero first na nagamit ko Sculpey 30 different colors

beadlady

• The Bead Goddess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Oven-baked clay jewelry!
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »
Hi everyone!

sorry i haven't logged on to GT in a looooong time.

anyway, i just want to invite you to the biggest crafting event this summer!

http://clayfest.multiply.com

We are bringing together artists from all over the country for a weekend of workshops, exhibits, competitions, and fellowship.  If you're a polymer clay enthusiast, you can't miss this event!

The 1st Philippine Polymer Clay Festival
May 15-16, 2010
The Beadlady Craft Cafe, Cubao Expo

For list of activities please check out http://clayfest.multiply.com

I'm also finally launching the studio in my new shop on May 16, so please come!

Thanks!
My blog: http://www.beadlady.info
I teach polymer clay and basic beading workshops

c2d_fourth

• Probationary
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone ever thought of the possibility of conducting Polymer Workshop online? Last year ko pa gusto mag-attend pero I can't find time plus I am from the province pa. I read sa Multiply at dito na din na someone can come over pero at least 5 participants should attend. I don't know anyone from our place na gustong mag attend so mukhang malabo, mag-isa lang ako kung  sakali. Hehe. I just hope someday someone will offer an online workshop if possible!!! :))

beadlady

• The Bead Goddess
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 05:01:11 PM »
@cushyfem:  Polymer clay is low fire.  Metal will only melt at high temperatures.  So yes, you can bake the metal with the clay, it won't melt.

idieh123

• Probationary
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2010, 10:58:03 AM »
Hi! I am  a newbie when it comes to polymer clay. I want to buy online at www.deovirarts.com but i dont know what kind to buy. They sell premo, studio and sculpeyIII...what can you recommend? Please help!

beadlady

• The Bead Goddess
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2010, 12:57:12 PM »
Hi! I am  a newbie when it comes to polymer clay. I want to buy online at www.deovirarts.com but i dont know what kind to buy. They sell premo, studio and sculpeyIII...what can you recommend? Please help!

Don't use sculpeyIII - it's brittle after baking.

A note about brands:
I personally use Kato and Clayzee.  I love Kato because it's the strongest of all the brands, and is great for caning.  Clayzee naman is the cheapest at Php85, and is very similar with Premo, which is more expensive.

bjorky

• Probationary
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2010, 11:34:42 PM »
Saan makakabili ng mga magazine about polymer clays?

beadlady

• The Bead Goddess
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 03:24:23 AM »
Saan makakabili ng mga magazine about polymer clays?

Book Sale carries back issues of Polymer Clay Cafe, the magazine dedicated to polymer clay art. 

purplecookie

• Probationary
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2010, 10:57:44 AM »
girls need some help.. im planning to do try making accessories from polymer clay but the problem is i really dont have any idea how,and where to start.. :-[ need some help and advise.. thanks..

geumjandi

• Junior GirlTalker
    • http://www.facebook.com/elosfashionhaus
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »
anyone na nakakaalam na mall na nagsell ng mga cutters in different shapes.... or kahit online....

beadlady

• The Bead Goddess
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »
@geumjandi:  you can find cutters in SM Dept. Store kitchen section (Wilton brand), or baking supply stores like Cooks Exchange or Gourdo's. 

girls need some help.. im planning to do try making accessories from polymer clay but the problem is i really dont have any idea how,and where to start.. :-[ need some help and advise.. thanks..
Please read the first post on the first page.  Links are already posted there to help you.

idieh123

• Probationary
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2010, 09:45:02 PM »
anyone na nakakaalam na mall na nagsell ng mga cutters in different shapes.... or kahit online....

I saw pa lang the online store www.deovirarts.com they have yata branches at the mall pero they have floral and leaf cutters yata. They sell the premo there at php105.00 lang pero im still not decided if i will buy this or the kato. maybe i will try both na lang to see the difference.

@beadlady thank you for your reply. I also want to ask if we can mix different brands of clay. do all brands have the same curing time?

beadlady

• The Bead Goddess
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2010, 10:55:47 PM »
@idieh:
drop by my craft store one of these days so I can teach you which brands you can mix, and the curing times. :)

Different brands require different settings (baking time and temperature).

Not all brands can be combined.  You can only mix brands which have the same or similar baking temperatures.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:04:16 PM by beadlady »

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.