Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 29 NOV 14
Want to give your home a makeover? Save money (and the earth) by refinishing or repainting old furniture!
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Do you lend your books?  (Read 52936 times)

MisCalculus

• Senior GirlTalker
  • SuNnY Came HomE...
Re: Do you lend your books?
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 09:52:35 PM »

depende sa taong humihiram. pag tried and tested na maayos sya sa gamit ng iba, i lend my book(s). Most of the time, palitan kami eh.

but as much as possible, i try not to lend especially if I really treasure a certain book. Parang "anak" kasi trato ko sa mga books ko eh. hehe
"One day you will wake up and there won't be any more time to do the things you've always wanted. Do it now."

bluestar_65

• GirlTalker
    • Hotel Wizards
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »
i avoid lending my books. nadala na ako with friends who borrow and then either (i) don't return them or (ii) return them nga but mangled na to death! as in with dog ears, loose pages (with missing pages to boot!), and dirty marks. wawa naman books ko.  :-[ also, a lot of times i just get the urge to reread a certain book so it's pretty convenient if my books are just there, "ripe for the picking."  :D

clearwateriris

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »
I used to lend my books all the time even if they got returned in terrible condition or worse not get returned at all. Nowadays, I'm more wary but when push comes to shove I cave and end up not being able to say no. I hate it!

starry_eyed

• Resident Goddess
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 07:41:06 PM »
pinipili ko lang ..some people kasi hindi marunong mag soli!  ;D or pinapahiram pa sa iba without even asking for your permission.  So kapag kukunin ko na yung book, hindi pa daw tapos yung humiram..kainis!  i take good care of my books so yung mga friends ko lang na pareho ko na maselan ang pwede humiram.  :D
"The quality of the love you receive mirrors the value you place on your self."

spnliz

• sweettezil
  • GirlTalker
  • * Baby Sofie * King Tabby
    • Sweettezil
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 01:27:40 PM »
No, because I have experienced pag return sa kin ang panget panget na! Worse, hindi nagsosoli ang iba.  >:(

-riarz-

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Vain?! Go IMPRINT yourself! =P
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 01:38:40 PM »
Yes, pero hindi sa lahat ng tao.  Yung kasing OC ko sa books, ayun, pinapahiram ko. ;)
I'd rather scratch my cat than argue with you.

sun_spiced

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 09:07:35 PM »
yes, to people i'm close with. but sometimes they dont return my books so i'll think twice now if they will borrow again
je ne sais quoi ; for your projector needs for special events, you may PM me for rates and inquiries

etxetera

• Proud to be
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • At home ako dito
    • inluvwithu
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 08:49:51 AM »
I'm the type of reader na kahit ako lang ang babasa sa book na binili ko ayaw kong magkakaron lukot ang pages o guhit sa side dahil sa pagkakabuklat kahit murang tagalog pocketbook bawal din magusot :P kaya so far I  only exchange books dun sa nagpahiram sa akin ng HP series :D
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
~ Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. ~
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

pink_candy

• Invictus, Shopaholic, Twilight Fan, Bookworm and...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I promise to love you forever...will you marry me?
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 04:43:44 PM »
a BIG NO! call me madamot pero I've learned my lesson well. Naiinis ako pag sinosoli sayo eh pangit na yung cover, punit-punit and andaming dog ears. Nakakabadtrip sa totoo lang.

Kaya pag may nanghiram sakin lagi ko sinasabi may nauna na manghiram. I'm really irked sa mga mahilig manghiram pero di marunong magsoli ng libro. Badtrip silang tao

my_sky

• GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 02:21:10 AM »
Dati I used to, pero may mga books na di na bumalik.  It's a good thing hardly anybody borrows books from me anymore.  Most of the people I know are now preoccupied with work, or just watch TV pag gusto nila magpalipas oras.

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 02:51:53 PM »
Yes but rarely and only to close friends - with strict instructions not to make gusot the cover and spine. 

girlforallstatus

• A Girl For All Status
  • GirlTalker
    • A concise guide to everything VINTAGE CLOTHING.
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »
i used to. pero not anymore. kase i couldn't keep track kung sino yun mga borrowers and which books they got.  wag na lang.

gcarrie

• GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2008, 10:04:03 PM »
yes. pag maayos ibinalik, makakaulit manghiram. pag hindi, sorry.

gusto ko nagpapahiram kasi masarap pagkwentuhan yung book pag nabasa nyo na pareho tapos pareho pa kayo ng insights :)

merry

• GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 11:27:36 PM »
very rare!!!!  ;D i don't want to lend most of my books because im planning to hand them down to my future children and nieces ;D.. book is the only thing that i collect! 8).
No matter where you were yesterday or how negative your attitudes have been in the past, you can be more positive today. And that makes an incredible difference in you potential and life.

sweety_paige

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2008, 11:43:38 PM »
Yes, ayoko naman sabihin nila na madamot ako :D, okay lang naman kasi sa akin kasi masira eh, basta nababasa pa, huwag lang yung punit punit na ibang usapan na yun.
Remember my name, you'll realize how you let go of the one that has done nothing but just to love you.

princessa bratinella

• GirlTalker
  • I'm happy and I know it!
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2008, 08:28:37 AM »
yes, but only to friends that I trust.
What are b!+C#3$ for but to b!+C# around with other b!+C#3$ - Temptation Island

charlottemarie

• GirlTalker
    • I Think Therefore I Can
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 08:58:40 PM »
ako I lend my books para sulit :D . Natutuwa ako kung masmarami ang nakabasa ng book ko kasi ibig sabihin, it has served its purpose... Iba naman ang kaso sa comic book collection ko... BAWAL HUMIRAM hehe

sofibanofi

• a li'l bit of everything, all rolled into one
  • GirlTalker
  • my li'l kuningning..
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 09:22:29 PM »
 yes i do, but sadly, 2 out of 10 lang ang bumabalik. and for all of us who are bookworms, we still read that same old book we already read a thousand times, right? i don't mind the lukot and all, just return it naman when your done, pls..  ::)
http://happymommyako.blogspot.com/
http://happyfourlife.blogspot.com/

my LIFE isn't PERFECT..
but it's so close to it!
and ME ♥ it to bits!

papemelroti

• you deserve it
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 01:11:15 AM »
yes. books are meant to be shared. hehe nagdodonate din ako ng books

its true na paminsan hindi sila nagsosoli ng books so i choose only close friends para hindi ako mahiya magsingil
turn off the tv and look at me

liyapot

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 03:39:12 PM »
yes.. lalo na pag maganda yung book...mas madaming tao na nakabasa parang mas sulit yung pinangbili ko sa book..
but it's usually 2 of my friends and my brother ang taga-hiram ng books ko.
"If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.