Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 02 OCT 14
Involve yourself in your child’s life by inviting his friends over for a playdate. While you’re at it, invite the mommies of his pals as well
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Studying in Singapore  (Read 920 times)

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Mamee + Babee Bookworms
Studying in Singapore
« on: December 24, 2013, 04:00:25 PM »
Hi! Do we have any parents here who have kid/s studying in Singapore? What are the schools there which are comparable to our ADMU and DLSU? Are the fees high or reasonable enough? My children are still in elementary levels but Im already scouting around for schools hahaha ;D My eldest is into arts so I was browsing online for arts schools -  and I chanced upon this school: http://lasalle.edu.sg/Home.aspx.

pinkpotato

• wants to go back to SEOUL <3
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Jeremiah 29:11
Re: Studying in Singapore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 03:10:45 PM »
Can I still reply here? :) hehe. Were living in SG and my daughter is incoming primary one.

"SINGAPORES education system has been ranked fifth in the world, behind Finland, South Korea, Hong Kong and Japan.

The quality of teaching and cultural respect for education were key factors propelling the Republic into the top five, said the report published yesterday by the Pearson Group..."

Got that online. So comparing it to the best schools in world, and on the top 5, i think if you want to enroll your child on any schools here, di ka magkakamali.

For primary level, there are a handful of schools ran by the brothers pero locally, i dont think those schools are even on the list of 'elite' schools here. One school i know its 90sgd per month for PR. La Salle school at less than 3k php a month. astig di ba? :)

Best education is offered to everyone here, rich and poor alike.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love Him.." R8:28

tamarind26

• Super GirlTalker
    • Virtual Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 01:44:42 PM »
If not PR, do private schools accept foreign students and how much?
M * A * Y * A * N * G * K * Y

pinkpotato

• wants to go back to SEOUL <3
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Jeremiah 29:11
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 03:51:42 PM »
^ it depends what you mean by private schools. private schools here are generally considered international schools which fees would maybe the whole salary of a parent already ;) . same drill with the Intl Schools in the PH.

are you referring to those la salle schools? i don't think they are considered private schools here but still under the Ministry of Education mainstream schools.  *Singapore Mommies, correct me if Im wrong *

You may want to visit this. All your questions regarding Singapore Education will be clearly explained on their Website.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/international-students/general-info/#admission

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/private-education/

fees here, http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/international-students/general-info/#monthly-school-fees

Level : Primary
Non Asean: 513sgd
Asean : 363sgd (around 13k php monthly)

Level: Secondary
Asean: 470sgd

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love Him.." R8:28

tamarind26

• Super GirlTalker
    • Virtual Thoughts
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 12:35:03 AM »
^ Thanks sis, madugong pagiipon pala kasi ang mahal ng tuition. As of now, maliit pa naman anak ko but we're planning to enroll our baby sa Playschool para madevelop yung social skills niya. Nabobored na kasi siya and lagi nalang ipad to the rescue. Bago palang kami dito and di pa namin alam if we'll be staying longer.
M * A * Y * A * N * G * K * Y

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.