Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 23 NOV 14
No boyfriend? No problem! Learn to be comfy in your own company--it will help boost your self-confidence too!
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Balikbayan box  (Read 77442 times)

fashionethics

• A Mother, Wife, Daughter, Friend, Career woman all in one!
  • GirlTalker
  • Our Princess Kirsten
Balikbayan box
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:50:28 PM »
Hi mga sis,

Anybody knows kung gano katagal ship balikbayan box from US to Manila?
Do I need to pay something once natanggap na yung package? How much?
Inoopen pa ba to sa customs to check kung ano yung mga pinadala?
Deliver sa house na ba to or for pick up? Any other info that i need to know?

Sorry dami questions, hope you can help me. Really appreciate it. Thanks!

**Im not sure if this is the right thread to post this, paki move na lang mga mods sa tamang lugar if mali...
Come and join me...to LIVE..LAUGH and LEARN!

marj_20

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Balikbayan box
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:03:40 AM »
can anyone give me a courier that will send my balikbayan box to manila. im in new york now. thanks!
Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls - J. Campbell

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 03:54:34 AM »
Wherever you are in the US -- ask from the other Filipinos which balikbayan box shipper is reliable.  They would be in a better position to recommend.
Do not forget, when you call for pick-up, to remind them to bring you a spare balikbayan box (they give this for free, for your use next time you ship out).

It takes 1 month (max 1.5months) to get your box here.
It is delivered to your house.
For me these balikbayan boxes are the most convenient way to bring home those heavy stuff one cannot resist buying (books, kitchenware, linens, etc.).  The alternative of paying the prohibitive airline overweight charge will make me faint!   :) 

I haven't paid any taxes/fees so far for all the boxes I sent back here to Manila.  Meron mang tax paid -- must be once lang and small amount kaya hindi ko na maalala. 

That is why it is important you ask the Pinoys where you are shipping out from for recommendations.   Kasi kung magaling ang shipper --  and of course,  "in place"  na its working relationship with the Bureau of Customs here -- wala na yang bukasan ng container vans nila.  So the boxes are not randomly inspected anymore.  And so!  :) you pay no taxes.

Now, there are certain box shippers that ask to see the contents of your box -- so they say do not seal it until we get there,  and we will help you seal it.  Well, that is their method of checking that no prohibited items are shipped out.   

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 04:46:49 AM »
^^for NY try Johnny air cargo or Forex.
No need to pay anything once it reaches the destination, it will be delivered to you house, unless you specify pick-up (applies to Johnny Air, dont know about Forex). As for customs opening the box, we havent experienced it so far.
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

reishaboinxx

• I AM A SHOPAHOLIC AND A
  • GirlTalker
  • madness is genius!
    • CAN WE FAKE IT?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 07:39:20 AM »
Johnny Air (Air shipping-1 week max) Forex (Ocean Shipping-1 Month max)
 sa Johnny air by the lbs ang singil. sa Forex fixed basta yung measurement ng box nila (or they'll provide you boxes) door-door ang Forex which is really good, para di na gastos sa gas. walang taxes/custom fees, never pa ko nakaencounter na binuksan ang boxes ko sa both couriers. Johnny Air pick up sa Megamall. I say if you'll send really heavy stuff ship it thru Forex. pag electronics/valuable stuff- Johnny Air.

kulet sa Forex. pag natanggap na ng taga Pinas yung boxes, pipicturan pa sila at ipapadala sayo yung picture :)
No one takes pictures of something they want to forget.

WinterBerry

• GirlTalker
    • <a href="http://www.hasslefreeclipart.com/clipart_food/strawberry.html" title="Free clip
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:50:22 AM »
Forex is reliable. sila ang ginagamit namin pag nag-se-send kami ng Balikbayan box sa Pinas.
:: loved and spoiled ::

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 09:27:01 AM »

For me these balikbayan boxes are the most convenient way to bring home those heavy stuff one cannot resist buying (books, kitchenware, linens, etc.).  The alternative of paying the prohibitive airline overweight charge will make me faint!   :) 

That is why it is important you ask the Pinoys where you are shipping out from for recommendations.   Kasi kung magaling ang shipper --  and of course,  "in place"  na its working relationship with the Bureau of Customs here -- wala na yang bukasan ng container vans nila.  So the boxes are not randomly inspected anymore.  And so!  :) you pay no taxes.

Tumpak! nakakafaint nga!

and yes, sila na bahala sa taxes. parang DVD player lang yan. plug and play.  :D
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 01:11:56 PM »
The transit time from US to Manila can be as short as one month or as long as three months. It depends kung napuno na ng forwarder yung containers na i-ship out nila. Dun kasi kumikita ang mga forwarders, they maximise the space by consolidating other shipment/BBBoxes.

fashionethics

• A Mother, Wife, Daughter, Friend, Career woman all in one!
  • GirlTalker
  • Our Princess Kirsten
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »
thanks for the info!
Come and join me...to LIVE..LAUGH and LEARN!

avesoriano

• Super GirlTalker
  • Now a twitter newbie
    • AVE Organics
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 02:31:04 AM »
reishaboinxx lbc din ata parang ganun.. pero really mas gusto ko yun picture thingy

any reviews about manilaforwarder? naginquire ako dun a couple of times
either you hate me or love me...

reishaboinxx

• I AM A SHOPAHOLIC AND A
  • GirlTalker
  • madness is genius!
    • CAN WE FAKE IT?
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 04:53:40 AM »
reishaboinxx lbc din ata parang ganun.. pero really mas gusto ko yun picture thingy

any reviews about manilaforwarder? naginquire ako dun a couple of times

my Tita uses Manila Forwarder. mukhang okay naman since they've been using it for a long time na
No one takes pictures of something they want to forget.

babyspring

• globetrotter, fashionista, a friend & a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 10:39:43 PM »
my tita uses this reliable courier whenever she ships something from CA to the Philippines. she dont usually send the balikbayan box kasi clothes, make-ups and small electronic appliances lang naman pinapadala nya. it usually takes less than a week para makarating sa pinas. i think pinapadala nya yun sa mga flight crew ng airlines. they said small amount lang daw binabayad nya kaya todo padala sya lately.
Happiness is best when shared.

chocolatepink

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Inlove & Blessed
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 04:22:01 PM »
mga sis... may i get the website of forex? as well as if you know the address of their Manila office if there's one...which is cheaper forex or johnny air? for shipping from US-MNL and MNL-US? thanks in advance! :)
We may feel afraid, but we dont have to be afraid. We can go forward w/knees shaking saying "God is with us. He will never leave us or forsake us & we can do everything that we need to do. We will not be in fear. What can man do to us?" -Psalm 116:6

trishus2008

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 04:16:15 AM »
mga sis... may i get the website of forex? as well as if you know the address of their Manila office if there's one...which is cheaper forex or johnny air? for shipping from US-MNL and MNL-US? thanks in advance! :)

http://forexcargo-info.com/ - FOREX

Hindi ako sure sa office nila sa Manila, I think it's somewhere in Marikina.

Ang Johnny Air is $59 (NJ-Metro Manila) outside manila mas mahal. You can check their website www.johnnyair.com

LBC - $65

FOREX I believe is more expensive (last time it was $89) pero totoo yung pi-picture-an nila yung nag-receive ng box tapos ipapadala sa iyo yung picture :D

I have tried these three companies and  wala akong naging problema. Nakarating lahat ng mga boxes na pinadala ko.

chocolatepink

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Inlove & Blessed
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 08:53:01 AM »
thanks for the info sis trishus2008 :)

yung price comparison it would help me to estimate the cost. :)
natawa ako sa picture naimagine ko dapat kapag nagpapicture ako with smile pa talaga :) hehe
thanks! :)
We may feel afraid, but we dont have to be afraid. We can go forward w/knees shaking saying "God is with us. He will never leave us or forsake us & we can do everything that we need to do. We will not be in fear. What can man do to us?" -Psalm 116:6

trishus2008

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 11:27:52 PM »
thanks for the info sis trishus2008 :)

yung price comparison it would help me to estimate the cost. :)
natawa ako sa picture naimagine ko dapat kapag nagpapicture ako with smile pa talaga :) hehe
thanks! :)

no problem sis. glad to be of help.

btw ang kinukuhan nila ng pictures eh yung nag-re-received ng box sa pilipinas.  ;D

seduce_me

• Junior GirlTalker
  • happily married
    • SAHM adventures
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 06:23:22 AM »
I just recently sent BBox thru cargoplususa.com, I dropped my box off sa Filipino store where I'm close at, the store is affiliated with them. It took 1 month 3 weeks when my family got the box. Wala namang nawala or nagalaw on the way how I packaged my stuff--may mga palatandaan kasi ako hehe :)

And kinuhaan ng picture ang mom ko with the box. Good service. Not sure lang if they pick up boxes on NY. Paid $100.
Trying to resurrect my social media life, don't know where to start. Experts are most welcome.

dara_01

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 06:39:44 AM »
It takes 1 month (max 1.5months) to get your box here.
It is delivered to your house.

^sis, what carrier nito?
kase yung pinapadala saakin ng parents ko 3 months max
kaya ngayon pa lang ship na sila for Christmas...
how much? kase baka mas mataas kaya 1.5 months lang...

nelcemf_6265

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 12:43:55 PM »
meron ba dito from texas? naghahanap din kase ako ng carrier for balikbayan boxes na mas mura. ang alam ko pa lang ay forex pero mahal sya, nasa around $85. nagcheck din ako if meron dito lbc, pero wala yata. sana meron makatulong sa kin dito.. tia! :)

avesoriano

• Super GirlTalker
  • Now a twitter newbie
    • AVE Organics
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 09:07:45 PM »
my nagtry na dito ng myusmailbox.com

my tita uses this reliable courier whenever she ships something from CA to the Philippines. she dont usually send the balikbayan box kasi clothes, make-ups and small electronic appliances lang naman pinapadala nya. it usually takes less than a week para makarating sa pinas. i think pinapadala nya yun sa mga flight crew ng airlines. they said small amount lang daw binabayad nya kaya todo padala sya lately.

sis what courier?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 02:48:56 AM by avesoriano »
either you hate me or love me...

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.