Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 01 NOV 14
Need a quick makeup fix? Use a tinted moisturizer to keep your skin fresh-looking when you're tired.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Do you had your car bumped/damaged or scratched accidentally?  (Read 47889 times)

pillowski

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Life is a long lesson in humility.
Do you had your car bumped/damaged or scratched accidentally?
« on: September 24, 2008, 05:20:06 AM »
I had scratched the right running board of my car yesterday morning against the solid platform, I felt stupid, embarassed, disgusted, annoyed of what I had done...just wondering if anybody of you had the same experience...maybe you want to share the detail and what you had done right away...Me? In my thought,  I blamed the gasoline boy, he had directed me to refill my gas on the other side of the station, where I cannot have a better view of what is below on the right side of my vehicle...I blamed myself for not having a good night sleep and therefore do not have a better awareness or better judgement on certain things around me.  Today...I will go to a Notary Public to file affidavit to proved damaged, photocopied my driver's licence as well as the official receipt, also the Or/CR of my car, yesterday, been to the Casa and had a repair estimate, pictured the damaged part of my car....in addition to what I had said above...i felt reckless, though i was just moving my vehicle forward very slow. Casa told me that they will have the whole damged part replace and it will cost the insurance more than 12thousand pesos.

Though this experienced awaken my sleeping thought, taught me a lesson. God forbid what might had happened if I sleep while the car is in motion.
I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Do you had your car bumped/damaged or scratched accidentally?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:58:45 AM »
7 days after my hubby and I bought our first car ayun binangga ko lang sa walang kalaban-laban na poste sa isang gasoline station. i've miscalculated my turn when pulling up for gas. 3 cars later may phobia pa rin ang hubby ko na baka ibangga ko lang yung new car a week after its purchase. thank goodness that never happened since :)

pillowski

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:37:05 PM »
^Sis its our first car too, well previously Ive been using my father Owner typed jeep, na you can just bump anywhere without worry or the guilty feelings...true to your words...nakaka phobia naman talaga... :(

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 09:57:05 PM »
So what's new?  When I got married,  goodbye driver!  I had to learn to drive myself.  My husband said not to get too tense about not damaging the car, coz everybody gets into some accident sooner or later.  Basta daw hwag ko lang  ma "total" the car &/or hurt myself;  and hwag lang maka hit ng tao.  Hmmm, very realistic.

My 1st "encounter" -- I made a u-turn and dented the gate of a pre-school.  2 weeks after, I hit the Guard House of our village.  3rd:  I made a very wide u-turn and hit the car of my neighbor's visitor.           4th:  Merging traffic on Meralco Ave. -- across the Ortigas Bldg.  I bumped another car.   I did all 4 in the span of 3 months.

On all 4 occasions -- the "other party/property" sustained damages over P20thou --  while my car sustained only a couple of scratches.
Hindi naman ako nagbayad for anything, they charged their insurance or the Association  :)

Ever since, no "encounters", thank God!

Now, for our other cars driven by the drivers -- ayan "own damage"claims sa insurance.  Hay naku.  Eh hindi nga ba, as you may know by now Sis PILLOWSKI -- even if you have "own damage"coverage -- the insurance company will not pay 100% for the repairs/replacement.  The 1st couple of Pthousands you gotta pay.   :(

betty

• happy, enthusiastic, energetic
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 10:01:24 PM »
ako naman sa parking sa workplace, namiscalculate ko yung pagliko ayun nagasgas sa poste

pillowski

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 07:13:38 AM »
Sis aquacharly, by the way this is not the first time...I scratched the right passenger door and that was just way back this last May.  Well sis, your story made me realized that i am not alone in this state of mind, LOL!  My husband kept on saying that this incidents are part of having a car, and its alright and normal. And yes, i have to participate a small amout, and hindi rin naman talaga mabigat. Both scratches i sustained...the teach total cost was 16thousand, kaya sulit na sa akin ang insurance.  Talaga palang nangyayari ang ganitong accidents, buti na lang si hub hindi tipong nagagalit kaagad.

Sis betty, ikaw din pala, LOL!  For really long drive ay naku kuha na ako ng driver.  Me driver na ako dati kaso, i dont like his driving technique kaya dinispatsa ko.  pero mas hindi ata approve yung driving technique ko.

billy

• billy's got a gun but she's a good girl and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 07:36:03 AM »
ako nun, ilang days pa lang yata yung car ko, nagasgas ko din, napaakyat ako sa gutter sa may kumbento ng mga madre hehe
don't feed the troll!

samsw20

• Probationary
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 07:54:34 AM »
I had a dumb moment one time  >:( I was running 30 minutes late for an important meeting, so there I was running to my car,turned the ignition reversed in a hurry. Problem was I was so intent in getting out of there I didnt check my mirrors  and another car was doing the same thing behind me. End result was smashing straight into it..this was no scratch lol

charitea

• GirlTalker
  • Former Charite
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »
I am very careful with my car, but it has two indention on both left and right when my brother borrowed it.  It's all good.  I'll have it fixed in time since it's insured anyway  :)

pillowski

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 08:01:35 PM »
Sis samsw20, on the lighter side of what had happened to my car was that...nobody gets hurt, walang other car na na-involve, or property na nadamage, and all your personal stories/experiences with your car made me realize na it can happen and its really common, yesterday I went to the Casa, and ang daming mga brand new Innova, Altis and other na talagang bumper pa talaga ang damage at hindi yupi or scratch lang.  My cars damage was not so obvious, unlike others na bumper pa talaga.

Today...I had the car clean at tinago ko na muna sya.  Im waiting for the LOA, malaking bagay ang insurance.

Thanks for all those who reply...sisses betty, aquacharly, billy, charitea and samsw20, it really helps...

babynibok

• Junior GirlTalker
  • baby butchokois
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 08:52:26 AM »
^ oks lang yan sis, one way or another dadaanan mo din talaga ... just be careful and atleast hindi tao :-)

I had my share of oops moment din

1.  siguro 5 years ago ( i was newbie at manual then), may lasing na tumatawid, i slowed down pero almost to a full stop, i don;t know what happen the next thing he is on my hood.  yung mga kasama nyanag lasing kicking the car, buti na lang kasama ko brother ko.  wala naman nangyari masama sa lasing.  I blamed it on teh manual car! :D

2.  a year later after ^ incident.  my first car, matic, i was trying to perfect [textspeak!] pag shoot sa parking.. e mabilis ako at hindi ko napansin din na mataas yung gutter sa harap ng parking ng starbucks at Petron SLEX, ayun bunngo [textspeak!] bumper ko, lumaylay...  madaling araw na ko umuwi because i don't know what i would tell my dad.

now im back to manual :-( feeling ko super newbie. ako, then i scratched yung side mirror, i felt really really bad :-( pero oks lang atleast hindi naman na ako nababangga, sana wag na :D

pray na lang tyo lagi, i really think it helps! :-)

pillowski

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 01:14:11 PM »
So talagang nangyayari pala ang ganito, thank you sa reply, it made me feel normal, LOL!  Lie low na lang muna ako sa driving sis, tutal ginagawa ko lang naman mga lakad ko.

God bless...Oo pray tayo to avoid accidents na lang.Thanks a lot!

sweetie28

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 07:17:10 PM »
hi madel, oks lang yan,dumadaan talaga lahat sa ganyan ;D,di ka pa daw prfessional driver pag di mo pa nadamaged or nagasgasan car mo, lol

twice ko na na bumped car namin pero, good is wala namang person involved, so yon ang importante..
 :-*
"A circle is round it has no end, that's how long I want to be your friend!"

samsw20

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 08:33:14 AM »
The thing to remember is you do it once and once only hehe we all have our dumb moments simply because we get impatient or careless. I can be a bit of a speedster at times as in parang video game pag drive ko hahaha.

pillowski

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 12:38:01 PM »
Yap you're right sis samsw20, parang most of the time careless ako, kanina I already talked to my driver(nasusundo lang...) na ipagdrive nya ako sa airport, thats another long drive na naman kasi, nasubukan ko na magdrive Metro Manila, pero Sunday kaya maluwag daan.  Ayoko na makipagsugal, kapag pagod ako, di ko alam kung ano pwede ko na namang magawa, at least with a driver I can sit back,relax,sleep and sight seeing pa...Kapag gusto ko ng speed din siguro...not in my car na lang...until i get at least 2 years driving this car, kasi dati its an open jeep lang siga...mag NFS nlang soguro ako, LOL!

Sis weng, alam mo right now parang im loosing hope na maayos pa ang sasakyan thought I know na hindi naman pababayaan ng insurance, na stressed out na ako, Im praying na sana naman may dumating ng spare nung running board (its the panel below the car door, that runs through the back and above the door) kaya medyo malaki talaga, kung masilya daw it will only cost me 5500, ayoko ng masilya...palitan na nila, para good as new uli...promise di na ako magpapagasolina sa gas station na yun, i am also planning to write to the owner/manager na their solid step flatform had cause motorist damaged...kasi nakita ko na madami ng gasgas yun, ibig sabihin madami ng sasakyan ang kumayod dun...

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 01:15:41 PM »
i've had a few accidents/mishaps also when i started driving. the first car i bought for myself was 2nd hand. besides the fact that it was all that i could afford at the time, mas ok na din yon since i just started to learn how to drive so magasgasan ko man, it won't be as painful if it were brand new.

the first accident i had was on a friday. i remember kasi color coding ako non and i was in a hurry to get to the office. in my haste to make a left turn, i didn't notice that someone was coming from my right and i didn't know the car too well yet so mali tantsa ko. my right front hit his rear left. galit na galit yung driver pag-baba niya na kesyo driver daw siya ng governor ng camarines or something. aba, padamihan ba ng kakilala to? baka pag sinabi ko sa kanya sinong mga kamag-anak ko magulat siya. but i kepy my cool. charge to insurance pareho. the policeman gave me a note stating i was in an accident so that on my way to the office, pag hinuli ako ng pulis because of color coding, may excuse ako.

after that, i was really careful not to hit other vehicles na. but i sucked at parallel parking so a lot of the time, i'd hit the gutter/sidewalk and all 4 rims of my car may tama.

after 1 year, i sold my car and got myself a brand new one. that was 5 years ago and i've had 3 accidents since - all minor but 1 out of sheer stupidity.

ayaw ko pasingitin yung isang bus kasi nasa sucat exit lane northbound siya and he waited until the very end to swerve to the middle lane where i was. di ko siya pinasingit and pinilit ko yung kotse ko sa tight space. my rear right door and fender hit his left front bumper. katangahan and nadala ng init ng ulo. pauwi na ako non and ang traffic kasi tapos mainit pa ulo ko sa office.

now of course i know a lot better. i am more careful and road safety has been the focus of health and safety programs at work so i am extra cautious when i drive. i also took a defensive drivers course and i think i became a better driver because of it.

i know not to drive when i am sleepy or too tired. and i never drink and drive.

and i'd like to think magaling na ako mag parallel park ngayon so no more damage to my rims.

but my front bumper is busted because we hit a dog while my husband was driving on our way to the province. it was a bit past midnight and provincial highway with not street lights. bigla na lang may black dog on the road and there was no way we could have avoided it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 01:17:26 PM by clueless »

pillowski

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 01:59:45 PM »
Sis clueless, thats the lesson that ive learned through that incident, do not drive when sleepy or tired, kasi im okay naman when the car is in motion ang problema ko yung palagi akong nasasabit sa kanan, ang front right rim was nasabit na rin sa may gutter malapit sa Church dyan sa Sikatuna, its a new car....akala ko okay na ang 11 years driving experienced ko sa jeep, hindi pala...kasi yung jeep pwede matama kahit saan without the worry of scratches...this one is different, im learning everyday, sabi nga faither in law ko, habambuhay na pag aaral daw ang pagdadrive....

Regarding animals on the road, my driver once taught me na kapag may dog, cat, goat or anything, mag minor na daw kasi, upon impact patay yung poor animal, damage ang bumper mo...in your case, wala na gabi pa.  Hindi na talaga maiiwasan...accident nga eh, buti na lang hindi tao...

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
^ oo nga, buti hindi tao.

there was one time i was coming from our staff house in laguna at around 630am. i worked overtime (at a client's office in laguna) the night before and was in the office til mga 3am and wasn't able to sleep much. but i had to report to our office for a presentation at 8am. buti na lang someone was with me in the car because i dozed off for a few seconds. nagulat na lang ako kasi umaalog na yung kotse. yon pala nasa median na ako, wala na ako sa daan. buti na lang lupa pa yung median. i learned my lesson then. never again would i drive with not enough sleep or rest, and never again would i work so hard that i would compromise my own safety.

kaya lang minsan, lalo na pag walang traffic sa highway and i see open road, i tend to overspeed then i realize it's not safe so i slow down again. nakakainip minsan andmas nakakanatok kasi yung relaxed driving. the adrenaline rush feels good.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:02:57 PM by clueless »

pillowski

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »
^Correct ka sis, parang boring kapag tipong nasa NLEX o SLEX ka lalo STCLEX (subic-tarlac-clark...) at wala ka namang kasabay on the road, mag 80kph ka lang ba?  Sus, talagang di pwedeng di mag matulin...

What happened to me last tuesday was...due to lack of sleep talaga, hina ko ng mag kalkula o magtantya, sakit kasi eye socket ko, mahapdi.  Hesitant na nga ako mag drive sana talaga hindi na lang pero syempre nga i learned something from this at ang price that i have to pay is 16K, salamat na lang sa insurance....LOL!

sweetie28

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 07:39:07 PM »
Sis weng, alam mo right now parang im loosing hope na maayos pa ang sasakyan thought I know na hindi naman pababayaan ng insurance, na stressed out na ako, Im praying na sana naman may dumating ng spare nung running board (its the panel below the car door, that runs through the back and above the door) kaya medyo malaki talaga, kung masilya daw it will only cost me 5500, ayoko ng masilya...palitan na nila, para good as new uli...promise di na ako magpapagasolina sa gas station na yun, i am also planning to write to the owner/manager na their solid step flatform had cause motorist damaged...kasi nakita ko na madami ng gasgas yun, ibig sabihin madami ng sasakyan ang kumayod dun...

sis pangit talaga pag mamasilyahan lang,,lalo na new pa car niyo di ba? kaya better talaga decision mo na palitan damaged part,,ano na balita sa spare, matatagalan pa ba? sana maayos before dumating si hub mo,,
don't worry maaayos din ang lahat..
"A circle is round it has no end, that's how long I want to be your friend!"

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.