Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 29 JUL 14
Learn more about your country while keeping fit! Take a walking tour in Intramuros or any historical landmark near you.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: all about wheatgrass juice  (Read 134194 times)

rogerdowling

• Probationary
Re: all about wheatgrass juice
« Reply #480 on: May 27, 2011, 05:14:35 PM »
Wheatgrass juice has been shown to cleanse the lymphatic system on the blood, restoring balance to the body, removing toxic metals from the cells, nourishing the liver and kidneys and restoring vitality.

junichi406

• Your Premium Choice
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • JGK
« Reply #481 on: May 30, 2011, 12:18:30 AM »
I think the one in 7-11 is not that potent anymore, you see once the product is marketed or distributed, the quality diminishes, better to buy your own machine and do the juicing by yourself.

Distribution business is for profit motive.

misteryosako

• Junior GirlTalker
  • if only....
« Reply #482 on: June 22, 2011, 05:07:49 PM »
will try this soon.  :P

i just "bought" 10 Easy Pha-max Wheatgrass 10+1 Value Pack GC's sa buyanihan.com , 
Kaya excited na ko to use this product.  ;D
No we've never met, Haven't found him yet. But I know him by heart.

kirara888

• GirlTalker
« Reply #483 on: June 25, 2011, 05:15:31 PM »
One of the benefits of drinking wheatgrass is it makes our body more alkaline. Kasi usually the bad stuff, it's acidic e. Kaya pag acidic body, dami sakit like hyperacidity, GERD, etc. Saka pag more acidic ang body, mas prone to cancer sabi ng Internal Med doctor ko
"We are most alive when we're in love." — John Updike

Oblina

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Beauty's sister is vanity, and its daughter lust
« Reply #484 on: June 26, 2011, 03:15:32 PM »
akala ko carbonated yung wheatgrass sa 7-11 buti na lang as in wheatgrass na timplado lang sya :)
what I didn't like about it is the aftertaste, lasang lata, di sa OA, pero for me it has an aftertaste na ganun as compared to the powdered mix

kreez

• Super GirlTalker
    • Intricate Thoughts
« Reply #485 on: July 05, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
Ay may ganito palang thread, when I went on vacation sa Manila, my sister na doctor recommended wheatgrass powder, maganda daw sa body, at first nilalagay ko sya sa hot water pero later on, dahil si hubby laging my fruit basket from the office, i bought a juicer, would make a juice (mostly apple at carrots) tapos lagay ako ng ice sa blender, mix ko yung wheatgrass powder and spirulina powder sa juice.  Masarap naman. 

kirara888

• GirlTalker
« Reply #486 on: July 06, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »
^Same tayo sis. Our family would make a juice out of several fruits and veggies, then I'll pour a scoop of wheatgrass powder. I don't mind the taste as long as it's good for my health Ü
"We are most alive when we're in love." — John Updike

Renner

« Reply #487 on: July 07, 2011, 07:34:56 AM »
I came across wheatgrass bacause i was looking for alternative medicines for acne and i found out about its broad amount of benefits not just for the skin but for overall health and well-being, so i looked for local brands i can easily purchase that's when i've read about Easyphamax over the net. I used to ignore Diane Castillejo's ad you can practically see anywhere and everywhere on papers and tv., the grass juice thing was not very appealing to me. I also googled Easyphamax's company profile, they seem to be a trusty company originating in Malaysai doing research in biotechnology. I thought easyphamax was manufactured here in the Philippines. By the way, I also did check Healthy Options in megamall before i searched on the net , i was gonna buy the powdered one in bottle, i think that was 2k+, i just thought i'll just purchase it some other day. I was ecstatic when i read the health benefits on the net so i checked it out in HO when i bought other supplements i needed. Good thing i read about Easyphamax, and i was surprised at lot of you here are using this already. Last week i bought one sachet of the plain and the honey-flavored each in Watsons just to give them a try, the taste in fact is tolerable. I am used to drinking plain green tea without anything in it so this wheatgrass should not hurt my tastebuds. Last night i planned to buy a box of the plain one ( i'm not a fan of sweet drinks) in Mercury Drugs, but they had this 10+ one sachet for P330, i opted to buy this one since i plan to just have one sachet per day. I've experienced the same side effect as some did, the headache and sleepiness so i googled what could be it's potential side effects and indeed it was the 'detoxification' process. You are supposed to drink this with an empty stomach, or wait at least an hour before you will eat your meal to avoid the side effects. Also, the sites i've read they don't recommended extracting your own juice from fresh wheatgrass because they might have molds, you are better off with supplements. I'm not sure if there are research to prove this. I would advise for you to do your own readings and searches and google everything you need to know =)

Here is one of the links i found when i typed in "Wheatgrass side effect";

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/wheatgrass-side-effects.html

Please don't forget to share your feedbacks mga sis! =)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:41:28 AM by Renner »

Elle

• mom of 3 kids and proud to be a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • tired but happy :)
    • PinkRepublic
« Reply #488 on: July 25, 2011, 01:15:21 PM »
i will try this tomorrow morning. question lang mga sis. if i drink this pagkagising ko sa umaga, ok pa rin ba na uminom ako ng coffee when i eat my breakfast? i also plan to take either bio-soy or bio-coffee sa gabi.

health.gal

• I'm a certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Experimental Blogger
« Reply #489 on: July 26, 2011, 04:08:56 PM »
mas okay for me ang lasa ng fresh wheatgrass juice than the powder. dati meron sa Salcedo weekend market. meron pa ba ngayon? tagal ko nang hindi nakakapunta.
"The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change." Carl Rogers

Our Wedsite: http://mydreamplanner.blogspot.com/

mafiapenguins

• The Penguin
  • Super GirlTalker
  • the biggest Cosa Nostra operation on 16 dec 2011
    • Cosa Nostra
« Reply #490 on: July 27, 2011, 11:07:12 AM »
mga sis... may question ako... yung sa easy-pharma ba na pack, powder yun? first time i had wheatgrass is from 711, yung wheatgrass in can nila dun na from easy-pharma rin. parang green tea lang pala yun. kaso ang mahal naman, tapos wala ring 711 na malapit dito sa opis, so am thinking og getting the packs instead. sabi naman ni h2b, magpapatubo na lang daw sya ng wheatgrass sa bahay.

health.gal

• I'm a certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Experimental Blogger
« Reply #491 on: July 27, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
^i agree with your h2b, magpatubo na lang kayo. tiyagaan lang kasi hanggang 2nd harvest lang pwede, then you have to discard everything away.  :)
"The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change." Carl Rogers

Our Wedsite: http://mydreamplanner.blogspot.com/

mafiapenguins

• The Penguin
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Cosa Nostra
« Reply #492 on: July 27, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »
ay ganun... oh sya, sya na lang ang bahala dun since sya naman ang magaling pagdating sa plants.  ;D

angelita

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Trying to be an angel one day at a time.
« Reply #493 on: July 28, 2011, 12:42:12 PM »
my third day with wheatgrass.

sobrang inaantok ako
no smell poop and urine
magaan ang pakiramdam
Not making a choice is already a choice.
I am the goodness I want the world to be!

MissMilcah37

• GirlTalker
« Reply #494 on: August 01, 2011, 12:34:45 PM »
For those who use the powdered wheatgrass in sachet, after putting the powder sa water, yung konting powder na natira sa sachet, pwede ipangpahid sa mukha or acne. =]

mafiapenguins

• The Penguin
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Cosa Nostra
« Reply #495 on: August 01, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »
really sis? ayus yun... double purpose pala sya :)

angelita

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Trying to be an angel one day at a time.
« Reply #496 on: August 03, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »
^^no harm in trying sis...why not? that is a good idea ha.
Not making a choice is already a choice.
I am the goodness I want the world to be!

sha_0303

• GirlTalker
« Reply #497 on: August 07, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »
hi mga sis....

ask ko lang pwede ba uminum nito if ngpapa breastfeed pa?
i learned nakakapayat din daw to...kasi after i gave birth naku ng gain na ko ng weight at di ko lang lam if bakit kabaligtaran ang effect sa kin breatfeeding kasi tumataba me....
naisip ko nga i try tong wheatgrass..pero baka bawal pa sa kin kasi ng papa breastfeed pa ko..

anyone had an idea? thanks..will try din to ask my ob if pwede...TIA ;o)

fornarina

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #498 on: August 08, 2011, 12:55:59 AM »
mas okay for me ang lasa ng fresh wheatgrass juice than the powder. dati meron sa Salcedo weekend market. meron pa ba ngayon? tagal ko nang hindi nakakapunta.

sa legaspi organic market pag sunday meron pa sis, nakita ko lang kanina.

tintoink

• GirlTalker
  • siMply Naive!
« Reply #499 on: August 12, 2011, 02:33:04 AM »
hi mga sis, im new in taking wheatgrass siguro i consumed 10packs na, i bought it sa watsons.
gano katagal bago maramdaman detox effect? kasi parang wala akong nararamdaman na kakaiba.

ganun parin eh, i take it sa morning pagkagising.  :-\
~~~♥i will leave you never ever...
.... i guess we've got an amazing L♥ve~~~♥

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.