Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 29 AUG 14
Learn to laugh at yourself! Share embarrassing moments with your friends and giggle along with the rest of them.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: CANADA-tourist visa related  (Read 77050 times)

Mom_S

• a Mom & Wife at heart and a...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • It's so nice to be happy...
Re: CANADA-tourist visa related
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 12:28:20 AM »
we got a canadian tourist visa before without personal appearance for an interview in their embassy. agency lang nag-process. maybe becoz we already have a us visa and of course with the necessary document requirements.

our first stop then is canada before we proceeded to us. and it so happened that my cousin's place is near alaska na so nagpunta kami. dun na natatakan us immigrations passport namin before we went to california.

i don't know now if ngayon, pwede pa rin non-appearance as we haven't tried getting a canadian visa for years na kasi no plans yet of going there again, wala pa budget. :)

"Thoughts lead on to purpose, purpose leads on to actions, actions form into habits, habits decide character, and character fixes DESTINY."  - Tryon Edwards

http://clicknthoughts.wordpress.com/

lyng

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »
We just got our Canadian tourist visas approved good for 6 mos. We applied as a family, my husband & i and my 2 kids. I did not go through a travel agency anymore as all the requirements are clearly stated online and all the forms are downloadable. Fyi lang, we also have current multiple-entry US visas. My husband & I also had been issued Canadian visas previously (this was the time when we had to go to the embassy for personal appearances &/or interviews).

This is their website:
http://geo.international.gc.ca/asia/manila/visas/visitingcanada-en.aspx

I didn't know that the Canadian embassy is so strict na pala nowadays. Good thing we were approved. It took around 2 weeks from the time the courier picked our docs up to delivery.

chubs

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2009, 06:35:04 PM »
For us naman, feeling ko sobrang hassle-free nga mag apply ng canadian visa, bec. you dont have to go to the embassy na, then no interview na din... we submitted all our papers lang via courier straight to the embassy na....

It was my mom who first applied for a canadian visa in 2006, my sis and her family is base there, she was granted 6-month tourist visa,

the following year 2007, my brother and I applied for a tourist visa din, same pa din, letter of invitation from my sis, we were granted visas din, gulat nga ko bec. it only took 8 days, na recieve na namin agad visas namin

then last year 2008 , my youger sister naman applied and was granted din...

so all along we thought mabilis lang kumuha ng canadian visa
I'm a self confessed Scrapaholic !!!

lyng

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »
Yeah i was so happy also that we don't have to go for personal appearance, kasi we're in the province (Mindanao). It would cost us a bundle just for plane fares alone, not counting other expenses pa. It is truly so much better with this new system, hassle-free talaga.

chinita8

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 01:42:12 AM »
I have a pending FSW immigrant application to Canada ... can this be a reason to deny me a tourist visa if and when I apply for one? any idea or similar circumstances you've had or you've heard of?

frenziedmalady

• Probationary
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »
I have been lurking on this topic for a while. Plan ko di kasing kumuha ng tourist visa. I think the Canadian embassy would need a photocopy of your plane ticket. This is a quote from then downloadable form of the application kit, "photocopy of your valid return ticket (if you have one)". So I presume they need a photocopy of the person's purchased plane ticket ??? or mali ako?

Medyo nakakalito lang. At how much show money would suffice the embassy's requirement?

Thanks sa sasagot.  :)
This is life... not heaven... you don't have to be perfect.

beachpatrol

• witty title here
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • nostalgic wander kid
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2009, 09:07:52 PM »
Up for this thread!

Plano ko mag-apply next year, sana mabigyan.
Nothing worth having comes easy.

virgie16

• GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2009, 08:52:22 AM »
mga sis help naman!
panu ba yung letter of invitation?yung sister ko [textspeak!] yung nandun sa canada,,and invite nya nga ako,,gagawa sya ng letter na personal or kukuha sya sa embassy or something?thanks po!
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be

purrple

• a self-proclaimed spoiled kikay, a child-like sweetie, soon-to-be Mrs. C and a
  • GirlTalker
  • It's never too late to live Happily Ever After
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »
We applied late last year.  Everything is via courier, so make sure that your application form is properly filled out to prevent delays especially if meron kayong hinahabol na schedule.

The invitation letter from a relative/friend is not really necessary.  When we applied, we did not submit this.

For the ticket, a photocopy is not necessary.  Why would you purchase na ticket kung wala ka pa visa?  Pano kung hindi ka mabigyan?  Sayang naman.  What I did, I printed the quotation/including flight schedule from PAL at yun ang submit ko together with the other documents.

Important yung financial documents and work and/or business to tell them that you are really going there just to visit and that you intend to go back.  :)

I hope this helps.
Labels and love

if i was a real b****, i'd make your life a living hell, but instead i'll just sit back, relax and watch you do it yourself. effortless.

virgie16

• GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2009, 09:19:11 AM »
thanks sis!!
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be

chinita8

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2009, 12:30:03 PM »
will having an on-going application for an immigrant to Canada lessen your chances of getting a Canadian tourist visa? 

nutty_caramel

• a beautyholic & a
  • GirlTalker
  • feels loved & blessed <3
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »
Magkano magagastos kapag mag-aapply ng Tourist Visa/Immigrant Visa for Canada?
My husband & I are interested. Buti I found this thread=)
BEAUTY - in projection & perceiving - is 99% ATTITUDE.

primpo

• rejuvenated
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2009, 12:30:17 AM »
mga sis, if non immigrant worker ang visa sa US then pupunta ng canada to apply for the extension of US visa, kailangan pa ba ng canadian visa?

thanks.

zazhimi

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »
will having an on-going application for an immigrant to Canada lessen your chances of getting a Canadian tourist visa? 

no... i got mine even if i have a pending immigration application ...
Your job won't take care of you when you're sick.  Your parents and friends will.  Stay in touch.

beachpatrol

• witty title here
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • nostalgic wander kid
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2009, 07:03:43 PM »
Mas mahirap ba makuha ang US visa kesa canadian visa? tourist lang.
Nothing worth having comes easy.

zazhimi

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »
^ mas marami akong alam na nadeny ang US visa kaysa sa Canadian visa... pero may mga nadedeny rin sa mga kumukuha ng Canadian visa
Your job won't take care of you when you're sick.  Your parents and friends will.  Stay in touch.

mossbabe

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »
Hi sisters.... boyfie and I are planning another tourist visa application. Kaya eto mega prepare ulit and again go thru the same stuff of not knowing what they are looking for. Hopefully they grant me na.
~ Life means having a vision. It's all about dreaming dreams and being ready to take steps to realize them whilst at the same time being prepared to be disappointed. ~

zazhimi

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2009, 01:42:40 PM »
^they just need proof that you will be coming back and you  have enough funds to support your trip

sweet21

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2009, 02:42:08 PM »
For us naman, feeling ko sobrang hassle-free nga mag apply ng canadian visa, bec. you dont have to go to the embassy na, then no interview na din... we submitted all our papers lang via courier straight to the embassy na....

It was my mom who first applied for a canadian visa in 2006, my sis and her family is base there, she was granted 6-month tourist visa,

the following year 2007, my brother and I applied for a tourist visa din, same pa din, letter of invitation from my sis, we were granted visas din, gulat nga ko bec. it only took 8 days, na recieve na namin agad visas namin

then last year 2008 , my youger sister naman applied and was granted din...

so all along we thought mabilis lang kumuha ng canadian visa

sis baka renewal lang yung visa..or maybe you have a US visa.. my sister also did the same thing she has a valid US visa, and then nagrenew lang din siya ng Canadian Visa niya.. I'm also wondering pwede ba to sakin.. na hindi na ko mag personal appearance sa embassy.. I dont have both visas but my I have two sisters living in Canada for about 9 and 6 years na.. They both have stable jobs and now are immigrant. I also heard na kelangan ng invitation from them ..Aside from bank statements, letter of invitation, work documents ano pa yung kelangan na ipass? I have been thinking of getting a Canadian visa long before I finished College but until now hindi pa ko nakakakuha since I fear na baka ma deny... Pero kung ma deny try lang try haha.And ano ba yung usual na reason why hindi na ggrant yung visa application? also ideal ba na bumili na ko ng ticket both going and returning ticket para ma ma assure na babalik ako ..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:00:17 PM by sweet21 »

chinita8

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2009, 12:53:06 PM »
^sis, my word of advise, don't buy a plane ticket without a visa issued to you yet. You can always go to a travel agency and have your itinerary booked with them. Then, they can just issue you a copy of your confirmed booking itinerary. You can use this to submit as reqts in lieu of an actual paid plane ticket.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.