Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 20 APR 14
Light a few candles, bubble up the bathtub, and sink into the wet and steamy with your sweetie. Rub each other down with an aromatic scrub
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: CANADA-tourist visa related  (Read 71204 times)

joeceline

Re: CANADA-tourist visa related
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 10:10:19 am »
ganon? why? dahil they look after your bank statements, you should have large sum of money or what? are you invited ba by someone kung punta ka ng canada?

prettypurple08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 01:36:05 am »
i think they're very particular with your bank statements even though you're invited by someone from Canada and they will finance your trip...i don't know why...

I was invited by a family friend...sad...i still can't visit them...try na lang ng try to get a visa :)

mossbabe

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 03:15:53 pm »
I was also denied :( My bf is from canada and we were supposed to  have a vacation with his family. It would have been the first time to meet them...Kaso sayang denied...
Ewan I guess the amount of money in the bank really count despite the fact that my bf stated he will be responsible for all of my expenses airfare,accomodation and everything else... At that time i didn't have a fat bank account because i just got a car....Which I also stated in the checklist...
Anyway we will try again na lang daw
~ Life means having a vision. It's all about dreaming dreams and being ready to take steps to realize them whilst at the same time being prepared to be disappointed. ~

midnight_blue

• Probationary
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 03:27:18 pm »
hi mga sis..how much ba ang minimum money in the bank para maging passable sa canadian consul.im on the process of preparing all the docs to be needed.dun sa application pg family one application na [textspeak!] b ang kailangan ifillup?hope somebody will reply.TIA
Better a heart filled with love..than a mind
filled with knowledge

angelheart

• batang
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 05:04:52 pm »
hi! can anyone answer the questions posted here?

i'm also planning of getting a canadian tourist visa but i don't know where to start/ what documents to prepare. my bestfriend's inviting me and we hope that i can be there by august or september of 2009 in time for my god child's christening.
"You cant really choose what road your heart takes.. but it doesnt hurt to take that chance on happiness.."

FickleMinded

• ♥Proud Mom Of Two Boys♥
  • GirlTalker
  • I'm a B*TCH,Consider Yourself WARNED!
    • My Life UNSCRIPTED
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 02:32:09 pm »
i came here with tourist visa,my husband is US citizen and so as my boys, I apply thru travel agency lang ,no interviews,PA etc.etc., yung travel agent (Mandarin Travel & Tours, 10th ave, Kalookan City) pa nga nag fill up ng form,as in lahat lahat plus I'm only a walk-in applicant,binigay ko lang na docs, married certificate namin ni hubby,bank acct nya that time only contains $4500,Certificate of Employment,kasi parang sya ang sponsor ko,pero hindi sya citizen here,then xerox copy ng passport nya at ng 2 kong anak (both US passport) in two weeks time,nakuha ko na agad,hiningian lang ako ng address ng relatives ko dito,kasi sinama ko rin sa reason for travel to visit them,wala akong naging problema nung nag apply ako, pero dapat i-present nyo pag dating sa airport jan upon check-in and the Canada immigraiton when you arrive  na you have a round trip ticket.it's a must requirements.ang tanong naman sa akin sa Canadian Immigation nung dumating kami dito, what was the main purpose of my trip,sabi ko lang,to visit my relatives and meet up with my husband, then see the place.yun lang.

Then when I came here my hubby's company lawyer take good care of everything na,and now I'm waiting for my work permit and working with my boys paper to be a resident here.

ang kagandahan ng Canada visa, valid sya for 6 months, halimbawa from jan-to-june, kahit gamitin mo sya within a few weeks before expiration, 6 months of stay pa rin ang ibibigay nila sa inyo, ang galing nga eh, kasi yung visa ko april namin kinuha,ang expiration nya is oct 6, pero aug na ako nakadating dito,but they still give me until feb, (which is it doesn't matter na kasi I'm gonna stay here for good naman na)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:39:26 pm by FickleMinded »

FickleMinded

• GirlTalker
    • My Life UNSCRIPTED
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2008, 02:34:52 pm »
^ yung samin sandali lang din. parang 2 weeks din yata.

as regards the choice between a single or multiple entry visa, we all chose multiple when we applied but my parents were only given single entry visas. pati my sister pala. ako lang denied samin.  :( but all of us got multiple entry US visas.
bakit kukuha ka pa ng Canada visa eh you can use naman your US visa to visit here, pwede mag drive ka na lang if you want if you live close to the boarder.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:40:05 pm by FickleMinded »

FickleMinded

• GirlTalker
    • My Life UNSCRIPTED
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 02:41:40 pm »
hi mga sis..how much ba ang minimum money in the bank para maging passable sa canadian consul.im on the process of preparing all the docs to be needed.dun sa application pg family one application na [textspeak!] b ang kailangan ifillup?hope somebody will reply.TIA
actually, aside from the minimum, tinitingnan din nila kung gaano na katagal yung account mo, 6 months yata ang requirements.

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 09:12:38 pm »
^ from what i know, you won't need a canadian visa if you are a permanent resident of the US. and you don't need a transit visa if you're laying over at vancouver as long as you have a US visa.

other than that, you will need a canadian visa.

kung US visa lang ang kailangan para makapasok at mag-stay for a few weeks sa canada, bakit ka pa maga-apply ng canadian visa?  ??? please enlighten me.

and also pala, if your canadian visa is only single-entry, pwede kang kahit ilang beses pumasok ng canada kung sa US ka lang naman galing.

FickleMinded

• GirlTalker
    • My Life UNSCRIPTED
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 01:12:46 am »
^ from what i know, you won't need a canadian visa if you are a permanent resident of the US. and you don't need a transit visa if you're laying over at vancouver as long as you have a US visa.
 True,not only in Vancouver,but anywhere in Canada

other than that, you will need a canadian visa.

kung US visa lang ang kailangan para makapasok at mag-stay for a few weeks sa canada, bakit ka pa maga-apply ng canadian visa?  ??? please enlighten me.:
My friend used to do this, they have a multiple entry US tourist visa, they come here in Canada for a visit, which is nag drive lang naman sila and show at the boarder yung US visa nya, land and air have two different rules.

and also pala, if your canadian visa is only single-entry, pwede kang kahit ilang beses pumasok ng canada kung sa US ka lang naman galing.:
Absolutely!

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 11:37:15 am »
^ how long can you stay in canada if you go by land and show your US visa at the border?

can i drive to vancouver from seattle and fly to say winnipeg without a canadian visa? or hanggang vancouver lang?

FickleMinded

• GirlTalker
    • My Life UNSCRIPTED
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 12:37:44 pm »
i have no idea with the border, because they will only asked lang naman for identification,my husband drived from Oh,USA to Windsor, On hindi naman tinatakan yung passport nya ng kahit anong allowable length of stay.
as far as domestic flying within Canada, I don't see any problem why not ???

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 03:09:14 pm »
^ you mentioned before that your husband is a US citizen. hindi tinatakan passport niya kasi US citizens do not need a visa to go to canada.

if you are not a permanent resident of the US and you are a filipino with a US tourist visa, you will need a canadian visa to get into canada.

FickleMinded

• GirlTalker
    • My Life UNSCRIPTED
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 01:40:09 am »
^ my two boys are also a US citizen,pero tinatakan pa rin yung passport nila sa airport, like i said, magkaiba ang procedure ng airport at ng border.

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 11:30:13 am »
^ but just the same, they didn't need canadian visas because they are US citizens.

FickleMinded

• GirlTalker
    • My Life UNSCRIPTED
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 06:59:11 am »
^I know that, but I'm talking about the stamp on their passport, kahit na Blue Eagle holder sila,tinatakan pa rin yung passport nila that they can stay for 6 months, so i guess same if you come here by the border, 6 months rin ang allowable stay for tourist.

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 10:17:29 am »
^ i get that. but i was merely just asking for enligtenment and clarification regarding this comment that you made.

bakit kukuha ka pa ng Canada visa eh you can use naman your US visa to visit here, pwede mag drive ka na lang if you want if you live close to the boarder.

so bottomline, i still need to get a canadian visa. and they check the visa at the border, my sister has experienced this.

a US tourist visa will not get me into canada unless i am laying over in a canadian airport.

angelheart

• batang
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2008, 07:01:53 pm »
may idea ba kayo kung magkano fee ngayon for the single entry visa if mag-asawa ang mag-aapply?
"You cant really choose what road your heart takes.. but it doesnt hurt to take that chance on happiness.."

amnesia

• Ces't La Vie! - www.RelentlessKarla.com
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Life is short so I'm living life to the fullest!<3
    • Ces't La Vie!
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2009, 10:11:10 pm »
Guys naguluhan ako. Paki clarify naman po.

Let's say I live and work in the UK pero pinoy passport holder pa rin ako.  If mag aplay ako ng Tourist visa to Canada, pag may nakita akong work dun, ang company ba mag aasikaso ng Work Permit o ako mismo? Madami bang companies dun ang willing magbigay ng trabaho sa mga pumasok ng Canada as tourists?

Also, plan ko sana mag stop over kahit 2 nights in New York on the way to Edmonton, Canada. If nabigyan ako ng Canadian Tourist Visa for sure kailangan ko pa rin ng US visa right?

Thanks guys
I am a reformed self-confessed control freak, recovering chocoholic, newbie pole dancer & sun worshipper. Someone who loves using being an Aquarian as an excuse to everything and a Certified Drama Queen who dreams of conquering the World one day! <3

Princess Anne

• A proud
  • Super GirlTalker
  • the best revenge is living well - Jerry Seinfeld
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 11:53:26 pm »
^ i get that. but i was merely just asking for enligtenment and clarification regarding this comment that you made.

so bottomline, i still need to get a canadian visa. and they check the visa at the border, my sister has experienced this.

a US tourist visa will not get me into canada unless i am laying over in a canadian airport.

i think sis FickleMinded thought na US Citizen or US green card holder ka when she made that post. Because if you are either of the two, you can come here in canada without getting a canadian tourist visa. Anyway, if you have a US tourist visa, yes you still need a canadian tourist visa to come here. Even if you travel by land, you will still need a canadian tourist visa, mejo mahigpit na sila sa border pagdating sa ganyan.

may idea ba kayo kung magkano fee ngayon for the single entry visa if mag-asawa ang mag-aapply?

single entry $75/each
multiple entry $150/each

Guys naguluhan ako. Paki clarify naman po.

Let's say I live and work in the UK pero pinoy passport holder pa rin ako.  If mag aplay ako ng Tourist visa to Canada, pag may nakita akong work dun, ang company ba mag aasikaso ng Work Permit o ako mismo? Madami bang companies dun ang willing magbigay ng trabaho sa mga pumasok ng Canada as tourists?

Also, plan ko sana mag stop over kahit 2 nights in New York on the way to Edmonton, Canada. If nabigyan ako ng Canadian Tourist Visa for sure kailangan ko pa rin ng US visa right?

Thanks guys

for your first question, If mag aplay ako ng Tourist visa to Canada, pag may nakita akong work dun, ang company ba mag aasikaso ng Work Permit o ako mismo? Madami bang companies dun ang willing magbigay ng trabaho sa mga pumasok ng Canada as tourists?
If you can find a company that's willing to sponsor you, why not. But more often, they won't. Kasi madaming applicants dito. Unless you're applying as a caregiver, or a cleaning lady. Because oftentimes, the employer would love to sponsor you to stay with them.

for your second question Also, plan ko sana mag stop over kahit 2 nights in New York on the way to Edmonton, Canada. If nabigyan ako ng Canadian Tourist Visa for sure kailangan ko pa rin ng US visa right? Yes, you will need a US visa if you want to stay in NY for 2 nights, even for a night.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:55:23 pm by Princess Anne »

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
FN's Top 10 SPF Beauty Picks for Summer 2014
These babies are mighty protectors from the sun's harmful UV rays.
5 Ways to Reflect and Meditate When You’re Time-Bound
Whether you have five minutes or five days, a breather from all the deadlines and meetings will do you good.
FNites! What Reminds You of Summer?
Send us a photo and we might feature it on the website!