Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: CANADA-tourist visa related  (Read 78351 times)

prettypurple08

• GirlTalker
CANADA-tourist visa related
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:06:08 AM »
hi mga sis!

i noticed kasi on the other Canada thread (somewhere in "overseas" category), the posts were about migrating/working in Canada.  i'm starting this thread to help those who wanted to visit Canada as a tourist.  it would be helpful for all if you can post your expertise and share your experiences in applying for a Canadian tourist visa...and your travel experience to Canada... 

any tips?
experiences?
how's your trip to Canada?

post it away! :)

tia!  :)

joeceline

Re: CANADA-tourist visa related
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 10:46:04 AM »
i am applying for tourist to Canada..invited by a friend ako...how about you? hihdi ko pa nga pass yung requirements ko but i will do it this month.

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 11:32:05 AM »
for a tourist visa, it would really help to have an invitation letter sent to you by a friend or relative in canada, but this is still no guarantee that a visa will be granted.

You submit this letter, together with photocopy of your sponsor's ID (government issued), tax certificate, bank account, plus the form/s you have to fill up, bank statement, job cert, letter from your boss that you are being allowed to have this vacation, to the Canadian Embassy (for pick-up)

Now, i dont particulary know your scenario, the example above were the docs my brother submitted when i asked him to come here as a tourist, this granting i will shoulder all his expenses, including airfare, board and lodging, health insurance.
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

joeceline

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 02:13:47 PM »
^sis rics kelangan pa ng ID ng sponsor? or birthcertificate will do? granted ba yung brother mo which of tourist visa single or multiple? did your bro include his own financial statements here?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:20:40 PM by joeceline »

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 10:10:45 PM »
^im not sure if a birth certificate would suffice, pero just include an ID to be sure. Yes, my bro included all his financial statements as well.

Sadly though, he was denied. A letter sent by the embassy was received stating the reason. i cant remember anymore what the reason was though, i think something about having not enough proof or not enough documents.
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 10:29:26 PM »
my family has tried applying for canadian tourist visas. submitted all the documents that rics mentioned.

my parents were granted single entry visas but i was denied.

i was given a US multiple entry visa so di ko maintindihan bakit ako denied ng canadian visa.

the rejection letter is pro-forma and there are i think 3 or 4 standard reasons for rejection. mine was because of the nature of my work.

all this was via courier, no face-to-face interview at the embassy. nung time na yon, they stopped doing interviews for tourist visa applications.

i will try again late this year or early next year.

prettypurple08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 01:41:28 AM »
wow! thanks for sharing...kala ko wala na magpopost dito...keep 'em coming! :)

joeceline

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 09:56:17 AM »
^sisses, what do you think should i choose? single entry or multiple visa? if i check on multiple ba "if ever" im not denied eh still up to them kung ano ang ibibigay either single or multiple? or its much safer if i chose single? my immigration friend kasi told me to chose single nalang...pero my friend who invited me wants me to chose the multiple...

well we were both single in status kasi sabi ng friend ko sa immigration much safer daw kung single entry ang ipasa ko... baka daw isipin magpapakasal kami dun or what...btw, guy yung naginvite sakin. hindi nga ganun kalaki savings ko im afraid i get denied.
^sis rics, ibig sabihin kulang ang docs na ibinigay niyo when you know you completed all the documents they required? ang labo naman nila  :( how long did the process take bago nyo nakuha response nila? thanks!

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 10:47:44 AM »
^cant remember exactly the reason, parang in summary, my brother cannot establish that he will go back to the phils after the vacation. Processing was about a month or 2 more or less. cant remember na talaga kasi we just chose to forget all about it and charge it to experience.

joeceline

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 10:59:03 AM »
^when was this happened? i called their hotline sabi 10-15 days lang daw... quite confusing... ???
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 05:11:16 PM by joeceline »

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 07:56:30 PM »
^ yung samin sandali lang din. parang 2 weeks din yata.

as regards the choice between a single or multiple entry visa, we all chose multiple when we applied but my parents were only given single entry visas. pati my sister pala. ako lang denied samin.  :( but all of us got multiple entry US visas.

joeceline

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »
anong reason why you were denied?

madam cruella

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Dream BIG
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 10:16:38 AM »
^^what's the nature of your work, being na yun ang reason bat ka nadeny?
Buhay na buhay ang buhay!

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 07:55:27 PM »
^ i'm an sap professional.

it was disappointing and i think if only the consul and i were able to talk face to face, baka nagiba siguro ang tingin niya. and i've tried working abroad, i didn't like it so i came back to manila. minsan lang iniisip ko kung nag interview kaya ako, nabigyan kaya ako ng visa?

oh well. will try again na lang.

godspeed88

• Probationary
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 11:48:25 PM »
mas madali ba makakuha ng canadain tourist visa than US tourist visa?

prettypurple08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 01:09:18 PM »
parang mas madali US kesa canadian...mashadong maarte canada...hay...frustrating..

joeceline

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 01:22:50 PM »
Hi! sa Personal Info Sheet ba kahit di ako close sa relative ko who is living abroad dapat ba ilagay ko or i should put NA nalang? thanks!

prettypurple08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 03:35:01 AM »
^sisses, what do you think should i choose? single entry or multiple visa? if i check on multiple ba "if ever" im not denied eh still up to them kung ano ang ibibigay either single or multiple? or its much safer if i chose single? my immigration friend kasi told me to chose single nalang...pero my friend who invited me wants me to chose the multiple...

well we were both single in status kasi sabi ng friend ko sa immigration much safer daw kung single entry ang ipasa ko... baka daw isipin magpapakasal kami dun or what...btw, guy yung naginvite sakin. hindi nga ganun kalaki savings ko im afraid i get denied.
^sis rics, ibig sabihin kulang ang docs na ibinigay niyo when you know you completed all the documents they required? ang labo naman nila  :( how long did the process take bago nyo nakuha response nila? thanks!

hi sis, musta application mo?  nag submit ka na ng requirements?  may results ka na?

when i applied i chose multiple entry...but sad...di siya na approve...

balitaan mo kame ah :)

joeceline

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 04:44:01 PM »
we didnt pushed it through..postponed, dahil kelangan maki-baka ng friend ko sa afghanistan. soldier kasi siya  :(

ready pa naman na docs namin and all hmp!

prettypurple08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 04:52:45 AM »
aaawwww...sayang naman...

balitaan mo na lang kame kung go ka na :)

hay...sana marami pang mag reply dito sa thread na to...
i want to go to canada pero as tourist lang...i don't have plans naman kasi of working there...may dadalawin lang...pero parang lumalabas mas madaling mag migrate or mag work dun kesa maging turista :(

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.