Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 22 OCT 14
Invest in closet classics like one little black dress, a white polo shirt, and a pair of slacks. After you have them all, you can splurge
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Varicose Veins  (Read 140684 times)

stormy_princess

• A Supermom to a Superkid!
  • Super GirlTalker
Varicose Veins
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:16:12 AM »
Hi sisses, my cousin is suffering from varicose veins in an early age.. do you know any remedies or gamot para ma-lessen or ma-prevent to?

Thanks in advance.
If  we want to forgive and recover from hurts and wounds, we must not talk loosely about the problem or the person who caused it...If you want to get better, you cannot be bitter.” -Joyce Mayer

Josah

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I am not going to be no Seorita!
Re: Varicose Veins
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 08:32:03 PM »
the simplest form of treatment is buy wearing supports/ below-knee stockings or elastic wraps. avoid standing still in one position for extended periods..
another option is the more invasive procedure ,the sclerotherapy-injection of an agent into the varicose vein causing it to collapse and disappear.

freespirit

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 12:34:48 PM »
^Sclerotherapy. Available at Jancen, Belo and Godiva.

miss understood

• Pasaway Ab Initio
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 11:30:33 AM »
Trivex System Varicose Vein Treatment.

SCLEROTHERAPHY, 1500 per session para sa varicose veins.

Home Remedies:

1. The herb Marigold is of great value for treating varicose veins. External application of flowers of this plant works wonders in curing the inflamed conditions of the skin.

2. Vegetable juices serve as an excellent remedy in the treatment of varicose veins. In 300 ml carrot juice, mix 200 ml spinach juice and drink on a regular basis.

3. Consume foods rich in vitamin E and C. Take a daily dose of 3000 mg of vitamin C and 600-1200 mg of vitamin E. It will help in relieving pain.

4. The herb horse chestnut provides hope for those people with varicose veins. Horse chestnut has in it a natural chemical called aescin, which strengthens vein walls and prevents leaking.

5. Another thing found to help cure and prevent varicose veins is antioxidants. Antioxidants contain bioflavonoids that strengthen veins. People with varicose veins should eat antioxidant-rich foods, which include fruits and vegetables. The more colorful the fruits and vegetables, the better.

6. Acupuncture can also help varicose vein problems. Acupuncture reduces the size of varicose veins with no side effects. In one study, five treatments of acupuncture reduced the pain in most people with varicose veins.

7. Believe it or not, pineapples also contain a natural chemical that treats varicose veins.

8. Onions, apples, and black tea have also been found to help varicose vein problems. These foods have a chemical called quercetin, which is an anti-inflammatory. Quercetin also comes in capsule form. It should be taken together with bromelain for optimum effectiveness.

9. Another, simpler way of preventing and treating varicose veins is to simply put your feet up for 10 minutes per day. The idea is that your legs should be raised higher than your heart so that blood can flow away from your veins and give them a chance to get stronger. To do this, lie back and put your feet up on a coffee table or chair.

10. Another solution is to wear compression stockings or an anti-embolism hose. You must get these fitted because if they are too tight they can do more harm than good. Compression stockings and anti-embolism hoses restore veins and help them function properly.

Culled/Summarized from: http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Cure-and-Prevent-Varicose-Veins-Naturally&id=265150

An act of dishonesty is a lie to one's own soul. Before you begin on the journey of revenge, dig two graves.

prettypurple08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 06:26:52 AM »
can someone please post their experiences on sclerotherapy?  masakit po ba?  thanks!

gorgeous23

• Im Real.
  • GirlTalker
  • simply gorgeous...
    • my friendster
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 09:33:45 AM »
Hello mga sis! I'd like to try the injectable treatment for varicose vein, please anyone reply naman if its really advisable to do, if mawawala ba talaga and what are the side effects! Replies please...
"let me plagiarize rebecca west:

I have never been able to find out what a feminist is., I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat..."

tecky

• Super GirlTalker
  • kikay cat
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 11:55:16 AM »
I had sclerotherapy  for 4 sessions. Masakit yung procedure itself.

Nawala yung ibang malalaking veins pero yung iba naging spider veins sila.
Yung isa , naging parang bruise lang siya- antagal mawala.

I tried veingard cream & oral.Na  le lessen naman kaso hindi ko rin ma maintain since ang daming supplements na iniinom.
hay bauhay   :-\

prettypurple08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 02:31:26 AM »
how bout hirudoid..effective ba?

tecky

• Super GirlTalker
  • kikay cat
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 08:21:19 AM »
^may hirudoid pa ba ? parang wala na akong nakikita kahit saang botika,kahit sa mercury
even yung brand na hemeran  wala na:(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:55:14 PM by tecky »

rlin_0811

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »
once ba nagpa-sclero kelangan na i-maintain?

tecky

• Super GirlTalker
  • kikay cat
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 02:56:46 PM »
after the sclero procedure you have to wear support stockings.
In my case- hindi ko ginawa kasi ang init   :P

Windy

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 08:48:32 AM »
^I had my sclero sa Godiva, di naman ako pinag wear ng compression stockings. Sabi ng Derma, its not really necessary daw.

rlin_0811

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 11:33:16 AM »
kapag ba nagpa-consult lang sa derma for my veins how much usually ang fee? para makita muna sana nila yung case ng veins ko...and saan maganda, affordable and reliable magpatingin?

imnuttz

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 04:13:30 PM »
Halos lahat kami magkakamag anak sa mother side nagsisilitawan ang varicose veins kumbaga nasa lahi na talaga. Sad thing, namana ko din. Sa mom ko as in mga ugat na na nag uumbukan. Hays! Feeling ko pag tumanda ako ganito rin mangyari sa akin, actually andami na nga parang mapa ang legs ko na color green. Pano ba ito mawala? Added the spider veins naman na color red pati sa face ko meron.

senyorita

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 06:27:04 AM »
^^pwede kahit saang derma. sila mag assess kung ilang sessions kailangan mo. i think may promo ang godiva ulit ngayon. 5000/4 sessions.

starshine

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 07:50:35 AM »

I tried veingard cream & oral.Na  le lessen naman kaso hindi ko rin ma maintain since ang daming supplements na iniinom.
hay bauhay   :-\
\

parang nakita ko yata itobng veingard sa SG maganda ba talaga? wala pa naman akong malalaking varicose veins pero dami ko ng nakikitang spider veins kaya naiisip nako of buying..

^may hirudoid pa ba ? parang wala na akong nakikita kahit saang botika,kahit sa mercury
even yung brand na hemeran  wala na:(

parang both wala na rin ao market.. maybe we can ask the SAs of Mercury and watsons kung ano ang ipnalit dito sa mga brands na ito..

i also so spidervein creme sa HO pero hindi ko pa natry, hindi ko pa binili ko namamahalan ako..

i'm about to horsechestnut caps at GNC.. sinabihan rn ako ng SA na this is good for varicose veins...

Hello mga sis! I'd like to try the injectable treatment for varicose vein, please anyone reply naman if its really advisable to do, if mawawala ba talaga and what are the side effects! Replies please...

yung isang kaibigan ko, nagpainject siya.. 14 days nakabandage yung leg niya (but she can still continue doing her regular things).. mukhang okay kasi after nun nawala na siya.. kay Dr. Gatmaytan siya nagpatreat.. get nalang her numbers sa google..may sarili siyang website.

Love is a battlefield...

gorgeous23

• Im Real.
  • GirlTalker
  • simply gorgeous...
    • my friendster
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 09:04:01 AM »
hay bauhay   

Sis magkano yun Viengard cream? Pano yun application nun?
"let me plagiarize rebecca west:

I have never been able to find out what a feminist is., I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat..."

gitee

• always here for you..
  • GirlTalker
  • i will survive
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 09:50:31 AM »
sabi ng sister ko nabasa niya sa isang site.. in order to prevent varicose veins huwag daw magdekwatro, or basta hindi napapatungan ng kahit anong mabigat ang isang paa.. huwag rin daw maligo ng malamig pag gabi lalo na pag pagod pa from work.. 
i may not be able to finish it on time but i will be done before you know it.. you may laugh at me today but i will laugh at you tomorrow.. i will be more successful than you are right now..

starshine

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 10:20:49 AM »
^alam ko yung pagco-cross legs kasi nakakaconstrict talaga and nalelessen ang blod circulation..

pero ang maligo ng malamig sa gabi? totoo ba yun? buti nalang ako kung maligo hot shower talaga para relaxing...
Love is a battlefield...

tecky

• Super GirlTalker
  • kikay cat
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 05:08:39 PM »
 vein gard creams & oral supplements available on all healthy options.
Nakaktulong naman but I dont use & take them regularly, nakakalimutan ko sa sobrang dami ko ng iniinom na supplements

:P

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.