sisses, baka meron kayo recipe ng nido soup.. pahingi please! tia!
from angsarap.net NIDO SOUP
100g dried bird’s nest (Note: this may be hard to find, so you can make a mock one by replacing the birds nest with 1 bundle bean threads and 1 tsp honey to the ingredients)
100g chicken meat, cooked and flaked
1 pc smoked ham, chopped into really small squares
6 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
2 egg whites
2 tbsp cornstarch, mixed in 1/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
2 white onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup corn
freshly ground black pepper
1. Soak the birds nest in water for 12 hrs, then drain and rinse in running water. Make sure the nest is clean. If you are using a mock version, soak bean threads for 30 minutes before using.
2. Flake the chicken pieces further until it resembles a floss consistency, you can achieve this by using a mortar and pestle.
3. Now sauté onions in a small amount of oil until it become translucent.
4. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes. Now using a fine sieve transfer the soup to another pot separating the sautéed onions.
5. Now bring the stock again to a boil then add the birds nest, corn and ham. Simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Now add the chicken bit by bit while stirring the soup then add the sherry and dissolved cornstarch.
7. Lightly beat egg whites then gently fold gently making sure it will not blend with the soup. Simmer for 3 more minutes, season with freshly ground black pepper then serve.[/b]