Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 18 DEC 14
Is your skin dry? Switch from using a bar soap, which strips moisture from your skin, to a shower gel or body wash.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Are you a High or Low Maintenance Gal?  (Read 62520 times)

muahmuahmuah

• There is no price for Awesomeness! Amp'd Up
  • Super GirlTalker
  • dam it your clothes! punk the devil
Are you a High or Low Maintenance Gal?
« on: June 03, 2008, 04:34:40 AM »
Are you a high maintenance gal who needs her man's (or maybe the world's) attention all the time or maybe high maintenance in upkeep, being in fashion is a must, a trip to the spa is a definite detour? Or are you a low maintenance girl who dresses-down-casual on her life's every aspect  where simplicity is the key, ofcourse there's the eventual pampering, you're just  less on the upkeep and the glitz?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 07:44:06 AM by muahmuahmuah »
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Me.

I am a catch, and I am not going to be the one to get away.

You should never settle for who you are.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

panchet0812

Re: Are you a High or Low Maintenance Gal?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 04:46:04 AM »
ako sis, low maintenance lang. ever since kahit nung dalaga pa ako. simple lang. ala ding masyadong luho. but i give myself a reward naman every once in while.

Idealistic

• certified dork
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 05:56:21 AM »
I think I'm somewhere in between. I do like to pamper myself but I also do earn my own money so no need for anyone to pay for me. I reward myself with stuff that I know I deserve because I'm not working just to work, I'm working for myself and I need that extra umph to keep me going. My hubby and I do love to play and party hard after a stressful week and we do love to go all out.

However, I keep my life pretty low key. I don't over glam myself for nothing and will not do or get anything just for the sake of having one. I'm very responsible with my money and do make sure that at the end of the day I still have some saved.
The only freedom that matters is the freedom of the mind

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »
more of low maintenance. but definitely not a doormat. also, like what was mentioned, i treat myself once in a while. like, once a week. hehe. wala nga lang nung mga spa spa na yan. mahal eh. di kaya, walang moolah ;D

chinkywinky

• Prinsesa at adik na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 07:29:46 AM »
Low Maintenance, since birth  ;D I have learned to appreciate what I have. but If I have the chance to buy or do something out of my low maintenance life, I won't let it pass. Well I guess I deserve to be pampered occasionally  ;)
i would love to love you like you do to me....

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • proud mom to four doggies :-)
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 09:34:44 AM »
somewhere in between, depending on what i feel like. i do the high maintenance things naman. i spend on gym, spas, salons, clothes, shoes, etc. pero some seasons i feel like dressing down and just being casual, im okay with that also. im kikay but i think im also very outtable in the sense that i can be comfortable in a high end place just as i can be comfortable in a low budget lakad.
arf! arf! woof! woof!

bluemargarita

• life has truly been good to me
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 10:06:34 AM »
low maintenance ito.very easy to please...takes so little to make me happy  :)
life is good! :)
"I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you."--Philippians 1:3-4

caterpillar-girl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »
Ummm I'd have to say high maintenance, but mostly because I think I have no choice but to be. Hehe. I mean, for example my hair's really short,  so styling it takes so much effort. I'm not blessed with uber-flawless skin and gone are the days when I can pull off a zero makeup look. I try not to look too casual because I end up looking sloppy and I can't afford that. Plus I like good food! Hehe. I eat a lot, so I have to exercise all that away. And I have scoliosis, which means I have chronic back pain, which means I like massages and going to the spa. And finally, I just really enjoy doing all those things. I like pampering myself because I can't expect anyone else to do that for me.  :)
"Like a bird on the wire / Like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free."

pink_candy

• Invictus, Shopaholic, Twilight Fan, Bookworm and...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I promise to love you forever...will you marry me?
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »
both? im not into make ups talaga pero i really really love shopping for clothes, shoes and bags.

biggal

• Voluptuous Babe
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Love and Chocolates
    • http://ihvsweetcurves.multiply.com
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:41:38 PM »

Most of the time LM.... since I have to save up to pay for my future house :)

You're the icing on my cake. What's that? Chocolate, of course...

nineteen_gurl

• Rumor has it,im awesome
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • im unique and so are you
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 02:41:59 PM »
same as the others, somewhere in between. I want to feel and look very special but at times I want to wear anything that suits my mood without being bothered what might other people may say. :)
"We only find peace,when we accept the things we cannot change and the people who cannot love us back"

alinkshel

• now behaving...
  • Super GirlTalker
  • chosen to be otherwise c",)
    • sort of sorts
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 04:53:48 PM »
low maintenance for my hubby, but high maintenance for myself. ;D

well, i pay for my "maintenance" most of the time from my own earnings... so wala naman sigurong problema. tska di naman sobrang high. sige na nga, somewhere in between na din.
~=carpe diem!=~ :)

micci

• Super GirlTalker
  • rain or shine..
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 04:56:05 PM »
im more of the low-maintenance type in the sense na pwede akong kumain kahit saan,pwede akong mag-overnight kahit saan esp. nung college..though may pagka-kikay din sa pananamit pero hindi naman yung fashionista..tama lang :)..sometimes i also indulge myself--food,kikay stuff,etc..i also have beauty rituals(toner,moisturizer,etc.) pero hindi naman ako nagfi-freak out kapag hindi ko nagawa ;)
a successful relationship requires falling in love many times.....

...with the same person.
:-*

carmichael18

• nagmamatamis na...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • carpe diem
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 08:24:36 PM »
Low maintenance I would say... mabilis ma-please, hindi maluho, mahilig ako sa damit pero nasa lugar ang pag-sho-shopping... kung may budget bibili, pero kung wala eh di hindi.. hindi ako magastos na tao... hindi mahilig sa regalo, alahas, gadgets at kung ano-ano pa... pwede akong pakainin ng fishball or balat lang manok sa kanto solve na ako... mababaw lang kaligayahan ko... hindi ako maarte sa katawan, okay lang mabasa sa ulan, okay mag-commute, okay mainitan, (wag lang masyado  ;D)

like others, yung pag-reward sa sarili ko, I spend for it.. I don't ask my boyfriend to spend for it...

ah, in short... JOLOGS ako.. hehe... cowboy lang!

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 08:41:10 PM »
Definitely low maintenance. Simple lang   :)

angeleigh

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 08:42:43 PM »
low maintenance, tho sometimes i treat myself to spa for relaxation. pade-stress naman minsan syempre.

cher.liman

• verdadera muneca
  • Super GirlTalker
  • NATABUNAN NG PM!
    • Word for the World
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 09:34:36 PM »
Depende sa situation, if I'm keeping people waiting, low maintenance other than that I think the rest can be self explanatory

goldee

• Probationary
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 09:49:24 PM »
hm ako.. maarte kasi talaga ako since birth. but i'm not the abusive type naman. i can get what i want by working hard for it. i know of girls na users talaga.. not me. lol

rinapie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 10:12:14 PM »
low maintenance..pero i'd still love to be pampered and recieve special attention from my man... ;)

lesters_gal

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »
in between. ;)
~dOnT hAtE mE bEcAusE im bEaUtifuL~

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.