Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 22 SEP 14
Problems with doggy ticks and fleas? A fine-toothed comb will help you brush them out--just be sure to kill them (e.g., in vinegar or alcohol) so
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: BAGHAGS: maintainance, storage and repair  (Read 106830 times)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Is there a way to remove stains from leather bags?
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2008, 11:22:11 AM »
I bring my bags to Vintage Restore -- and I used to widely recommend them, but --

they have not been consistent with their service lately

I was there and someone was complaining
        her sister brought in a bag for cleaning 1 week after her, eh nauna pa matapos 
                when her bag was just for regular cleaning too
        the client also complained about the quality of the cleaning service --
                she pointed out that the exterior sides of the bag still had dust in
                the creases
        the bag did not appear to have been cleaned at all --  it was far from the
                "clean and condition"  (condition=moisturize per the service girl)
                service Vintage Restore used to deliver

But I still went ahead with my bag check-in, I was having a Gucci revived.

Vintage charges P2500 just for the basic "clean and condition"
Sa nakita ko doon sa complaining client -- well, I had to agree much as I am not inclined to --  mas magaling pa ang Besa mag clean nang bag.

So I still would recommend Vintage -- for repairs of bag parts;  for correction of damage to the leather itself -- but the P2500 for their cleaning -- is not a reasonable fee.  Better get Applegard.

Mga Sis, when you deal with Vintage Restore --  liwanagin nang mabuti what you can expect them to accomplish.  The girl attendant kasi is very promising, tapos pag pick up mo and you express disappointment she will have a stock list of kasi puedeng ganito, ganyan, ganito ganyan -- dami excuse.  And if you can refuse to have the bag cleaned -- do so - parang P2500 agad minimum charge ++  repair cost pa.  Eh focus on the repair and just have it cleaned by a good Besa shop. 

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
Re: BAGHAGS: maintainance, storage and repair
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2008, 11:39:01 AM »
Mga SIS!  with regards to APPLEGARD -- try using it 1st on a small part under the bag --   then leave it for 24 hours.

As for the LV light leather parts -- wala na tayong magagawa doon.  These will reallly acquire  a patina and retain any stains.  Okay lang yan, ibig sabihin na gamit mo and enjoy ang bag -- hindi naka tago lang.  Use your LV bags with pride -- the stains and patina add "character". 

Choose the BESA shop you will go to.  Iba iba ang service -- parang franchise ata yan. The 1 near UA&P is a lot better than the 1 in Shangrila Plaza basement per my sister.  Do not bring all your bags at 1 time,  test mo muna sila with your least expensive bag.

Re VINTAGE RESTORE -- I am going back on what I said previously.  Their service lately has been spotty.  I was there last week to bring in a Gucci for repair.  Kasabay ko a client complaining about the quality of the cleaning.  I had to agree with her -- imagine may dust pa sa near the creases of the leather on the exterior side parts. 

Vintage charges P2500 for medium bags (eh halos lahat medium sa girl attendant -- hindi pa ako naka "small")  --  for "cleaning and conditioning".  The 2 I brought 3 months ago, okay lang.  Pero yung sa nakasabay ko -- chapter na.  P2500 is too much nga,  Applegard is better -- or a good Besa branch will do better for so much less.

But Vintage is still okay for repairing damaged bag parts.  But weigh the cost -- baka  konting dagdag na lang eh you can buy a new bag of the same brand na.

It is really disappointing when,  once a business establishes a good image -- kadalasan the service slides. 

Saan pa ba Sis per your experiences now -- puede dalhin ang designer/expensive bags for cleaning aside from Besa's???

Thanks! 

0calorie

• GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2008, 08:04:16 PM »
mr. clean magic eraser. not perfectly clean pero medyo natanggal yung denim stains on my bag

avesoriano

• Super GirlTalker
  • Now a twitter newbie
    • AVE Organics
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 09:52:49 PM »
is there any difference with the apple brand if compared sa mga other leather polisher... i saw one sa fullerlife/ sara lee... meron sila leather bag polisher that can be used with the other varnished furnitures...

whats so special with applegard? may i just ask and how do you decide which among your collection should you get
either you hate me or love me...

empress

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 10:07:53 PM »
for those who own LV speedy bags, do u fold it the original way when putting it inside the clothbag?

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 10:12:59 PM »

whats so special with applegard? may i just ask and how do you decide which among your collection should you get

^ Sis, you referring to me?  Applegard choice ko coz I have a lot of friends who have tried it already.  Wala kasi akong knowledge about other cleaning agents for fine leather bags. 

How do I decide which puede i-Applegard?  If it is just a matter of cleaning the bag -- para matanggal over-all dirt -- or to moisturize the leather (hindi ba stored LVS lose their sheen) -- okay na Applegard.  BUT if the leather is light colored -- I prefer to bring it to a professional cleaner.   

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2008, 10:17:33 PM »
where can i buy shining monkey?

i've seen some sellers of apple garde already and i'm about to buy but i want to try the shining monkey also.

thanks.

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 11:24:07 PM »
^^^Ako hindi. Kung ano yung shape niya talaga ganun yung pagkakabalik ko sa cloth bag. Hindi yung naka-fold. Ano ba mas ok? I had no idea din :)

kalilagirl

• GirlTalker
  • wife & mom to 2 kids
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 01:52:31 PM »
where can i buy shining monkey?

i've seen some sellers of apple garde already and i'm about to buy but i want to try the shining monkey also.

thanks.

my bag got rained on yesterday, but thanks to shining monkey, no waterspots when the vacchetta dried out.

there's a GT seller ng shining monkey--the same seller i got mine from ebay too. check out the sellers thread here nalang. :)

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 12:36:45 AM »
^ thanks. i found it na on ebay. i only saw the apple kit yesterday but there's a listing na of the shining monkey. sana lang di ako maubusan.

my neverfull got rained on yesterday. and kanina naman my gucci. both unprotected.  :( they're both ok pa naman kasi first time pa lang nila naulanan but still...

sophisticated_beauty

• Fashion and beauty addict :)
  • Probationary
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 04:54:15 AM »
i absolutely love damier azur. My speedy 25 got jean stains.. i took them out by using my cars BMW leather cleaner (supposedly the best leather cleaner/conditioner in the market today) they were erased and the white part got even brighter. I use a soft white eraser to clean the vachetta part. its effective though it lessened the sheen so i don't do it often. (hope this tip helps for those who have damier azurs)

can I still use the shining monkey on LVs that are not new? what does it do? My LV's are mostly patina'd already so im not scared of rain marks anymore. hehe
I'm living the life~~~~

cheska_07

• X-O-X-O
  • GirlTalker
  • La vida es un mundo y quiero que vaya y tenga éxit
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2008, 01:47:49 PM »
sa Lv ba mga sis pwede pa palinis ng bag?mga how much?tia!

mommy_donya

• GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2008, 09:28:57 AM »
I just got this beige chanel lambskin tote yesterday and medyo worried ako [textspeak!] mukhang ang bilis nyang madumihan. :( Meron kayang pwede gamitin (spray or something) pang protect from dirt and stains?  ???

Pretty Gorgeous

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I Heart myCukie
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2008, 04:03:26 PM »
momy donya -  apple leather cleaner & Apple leather care and Shining Monkey fabric/leather protector spray (i use this for my babies - chanel bag, gucci,fendi &lv's) i ordered mine thru ebay

ill pm you the ebay seller sis

appleleathercleaner&leathr care kit P900
shining monkey fabric/leather protector spray P1500

Aquacharly - thanks for the info sis was about to go there yesterday sa Vintage Restore papalinis ko kc yung LV Epi and Lancel Suede bag ko. Haay kung ganon na pala service nila wag nalang  :-\

Sa ShoeCare pasongtamo makati ko nalang dadalin dun naman ako palagi nagpapagawa ng shoes and bags ko they offer pick up and delivery pa

mommy_donya

• GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
^thanks sis!!! i messaged her na. :) super thanks!

luika

• Probationary
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
Re VINTAGE RESTORE -- I am going back on what I said previously.  Their service lately has been spotty.  I was there last week to bring in a Gucci for repair.  Kasabay ko a client complaining about the quality of the cleaning.  I had to agree with her -- imagine may dust pa sa near the creases of the leather on the exterior side parts. 

Vintage charges P2500 for medium bags (eh halos lahat medium sa girl attendant -- hindi pa ako naka "small")  --  for "cleaning and conditioning".  The 2 I brought 3 months ago, okay lang.  Pero yung sa nakasabay ko -- chapter na.  P2500 is too much nga,  Applegard is better -- or a good Besa branch will do better for so much less.

But Vintage is still okay for repairing damaged bag parts.  But weigh the cost -- baka  konting dagdag na lang eh you can buy a new bag of the same brand na.

HI SIS!! WOULD YOU KNOW HOW MUCH VINTAGE RESTORE CHARGE FOR CHANGING THE LINING OF MY BAG? IT'S A VINTAGE GUCCI, SQUARE AND MEASURES NOT MORE THAN 12 INCHES... I'M PLANNING TO DROP BY THERE THIS WEEK BUT IF THEY CHARGE SO MUCH WAG NA LANG..SAYANG LANG TIME AND EFFORT :) THANKS!

kimebies

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »
How do you remove pen marks sa patent bag?
My classmate kasi accidentaly marked my Nine West bag with black pen eh.

crystal_gale

• Super GirlTalker
  • *certified kikay nurse*
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2008, 10:19:10 AM »
i brought my pink Roxy handbag sa shop nila sa trnoma and i asked them how to clean it kasi ayaw matanggal yung dirt through wet ones...ang ginagamit pala nila dun is wipe out...yung pangtanggal ng grease sa hands...okay siya, luminis naman..tyagaan nga lang hehe:)

cat

• GirlTalker
    • SaleShopper - everything must go
How to clean a leather bag or where do I have it cleaned?
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2008, 11:41:55 AM »

mariela

Re: How to clean a leather bag or where do I have it cleaned?
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »
sis, may nabibili sa ilog ni maria na ginagamit ko sa leather bags ko,its called leather balsam, P80 lang yun.organic ingredients kay ok na ok sya.you can buy on line.google mo nalng
" proud mom "

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.