Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 17 APR 14
Stressed? Give us a smile! Smiling releases endorphins in your body, which combat stress and have you feeling better in no time!
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: BAGHAGS: maintainance, storage and repair  (Read 95043 times)

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Is there a way to remove stains from leather bags?
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 06:51:55 pm »

dcharmed1

• The Charmed One
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Forever Charmed
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 09:38:21 pm »
^thank you sis. I also have one more bag waiting to be cleaned.
Hana wa sakura, kimi wa utsukushii

achengtarush

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 12:13:19 am »
Thanks, makabili nga ng hairspray :)

h0tpink20

• Shopper/Jetsetter/Backpacker - The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning & doesn't stop until you get into the office.
  • GirlTalker
  • Hong Kong/Las Vegas - my 2nd base
    • Jiao Wo
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 11:35:57 am »
Leather needs to be nourished... it will dry up and crack without care.  Again, depending on the climate you live in (big difference between CA and AZ), you need to use some kind of leather conditioner/lotion once or twice a year.  I'd advise against using anything in the first year (maybe two years), however.  If you use your new purse heavily (daily), I personally like the first year to be the natural "breaking-in" period.  I have no good explanation to this, so it's just how I feel.  We don't use a hand cream on a baby's hand (who doesn't do dishes!) unless there's an absolutely positively good reason to do so.  I believe it (baby skin or Vuitton leather) needs to be exposed to the air (and all the junk in the air), moisture, and oil & dirt from hands and other "stuff" in the environment in order to age naturally. 
As far as what to use, I recommend "Leather Care" conditioner by Apple Polishes, although it does stain (makes it darker) young leather somewhat.  It can be obtained at Burlington Coat if you have their store in town.  Check their web site to find out where to get one.  http://www.applepolishes.com/applepolishes/dealers/default.asp
What's NO NO is mink oil cream and alcohol...  It contains animal fat that clogs the pores of the leather that need to breathe.  It is seriously greasy, so it stains the leather big time.  If you have Japanese catalogs & magazines (Perfect such & such) and happen to read the "care" section, many recommend mink oil cream to be applied thinly.  WRONG!  Believe me, you do NOT want to use mink oil cream.*
Mink oil spray on the other hand, does not stain the leather and it is a fine mist, so that it can be sprayed a little bit on the leather.  I don't think this much (or little) mink oil should harm the leather at all.  But for thorough conditioning, I recommend a lotion type, without animal fat.  Don't forget to condition the strap! 

< Signature removed by admin as per: http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,124154.0.html | Promotion >

achengtarush

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 03:07:28 pm »
^ naku wala atang ganyan dito sa Pinas.

Anong locally available product ang pwede dyan?  Pledge ba pwede, di ba for leather din yun?

avesoriano

• Super GirlTalker
  • Now a twitter newbie
    • AVE Organics
Re: BAGHAGS: maintainance, storage and repair
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 08:42:20 am »
^ aquacharly thanks for the pm... pero mas mukhang mura sa besas....sa makati un di ba? san ba location ngvintage restore and how much ulit mga charges nila for repair?

I have another problem... what do you do sa smell ng interior ng bag? di ba un outside you can clean it? how bout un interior nangigigil ako labhan kasi feeling ko me mga spill na un ng ewan lotion or perfume... sometimes amoy pagkain... whatever
either you hate me or love me...

$ale... seeker!

• Super GirlTalker
  • A delighted wife since 2002 + proud momy of M&C!
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 09:50:37 am »
i have the RL tote bag (brown color)... my dad bought it for me last 2000 so 8 years na!  :-\ but i love it and parang hindi ko kayang i-dispose! now my problem is, habang tumatagal kasi yung leather parang ang tigas2x na, nasira na yung both sides  ??? pwede pa kaya maayos?
LiFe IsN't EaSy BuT yOu CaN aLwAyS cHoOsE tO bE hApPy!!!

Our Eat Dates!
Bambino Phils

jarjarbinks

• shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me if you fool me twice
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • life goes on
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 02:10:03 am »
try to ask vintage restore sis.
"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future"

whimsyme

• GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 06:29:17 pm »
hi.  where is vintage?  my burberry's got stains.  i think from the dark pants that i usually wear.  i'll try to remove them pa with soapy water just as instructed but if it doesnt work, i may have to have it professionally cleaned.  any idea also as to how much it will cost?  thanks  :)

melvel

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 04:17:04 pm »
I bought the Apple Guard Rain and Stain Repellant and the Leather Conditioner and Cleaner during the leatherstuff online sale, but I’m afraid to use it on my designer bags for fear of damage.  Has anyone tried using these products on LV bags?  More specifically, the Vachetta of the LV bags?

kalilagirl

• GirlTalker
  • wife & mom to 2 kids

sandraa

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2008, 10:18:03 pm »
hey mga sis any idea where to buy dust bags? i need more dust bags for my bags and shoes kasi.thanks!=)

cheska_07

• X-O-X-O
  • GirlTalker
  • La vida es un mundo y quiero que vaya y tenga éxit
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 05:33:16 am »
i just give it to my dad siya na bahala where ipapaayos..hehe!and for leathers,may spinespray dad ko e...hmmm...just keep it sa dust bag or plastic.

kalilagirl

• GirlTalker
  • wife & mom to 2 kids
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 04:25:48 pm »
I bought the Apple Guard Rain and Stain Repellant and the Leather Conditioner and Cleaner during the leatherstuff online sale, but I’m afraid to use it on my designer bags for fear of damage.  Has anyone tried using these products on LV bags?  More specifically, the Vachetta of the LV bags?

hi melvel, i tried the leathercare--it's nice on old vacchetta because it slightly colors the vacchetta talaga. pero nice naman. the apple garde--i've not used; sabi naman it doesn't stain or discolor the vacchetta. i use shining monkey bec it dries faster.

melvel

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2008, 09:47:03 am »
I have a white leather bag that’s brand new, and it got color transfer from a black top I wore.  I tried Magic Eraser, Apple Garde, pero the faint stains are still visible.  What should I do?  Should I have this cleaned by professionals?  Sayang naman ang bag!

misao

• Just a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Can't we all just get along?
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2008, 09:36:40 pm »
^same problem. nag-inquire ako sa heel sew quick sa megamall, sabi mga 400 up para marestore ang bag. medyo namamahalan ako kasi madaming bags sana ko ipapaayos. :P

mitch03536

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 12:15:39 am »
oo nga. i think i have to condition na my LV bag. Its 3 years old alreat. please  suggest items that can be locally sourced. thanks

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 12:25:18 am »
^^ Sis, do not use Pledge on your bags. 

^ Sis, if you use your LV regularly -- I do not think you have to condition it at all.  It is humid here in the Phils.  so regular use, or just leaving it out now and then should be enough.  Mas concern natin dito ang dirt and stains.

I condition only bags that I will store for a long time.

But I am interested about what the others have to say about conditioning LVs.

cher.liman

• verdadera muneca
  • Super GirlTalker
  • NATABUNAN NG PM!
    • Word for the World
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 01:13:05 am »
Meron sa multiply ng applecare and sa ebay. Meron din sa for sale section ng GT :)

catherine

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 10:40:41 am »
For expensive bags better to bring it sa expert and experienced na maglinis nang mga designer brands, you can bring it to Ingrid Go she can help.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles