Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 21 APR 14
Make sure everyone eats together at dinner every day so that no matter how busy you are, you always get even just a little quality time
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Australia, any input?  (Read 95596 times)

cody23

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Australia, any input?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 01:10:58 pm »
sis what travel agency do you suggest?
kasi pag walang agent mga 2k lang ata babayaran

we got our visa thru bridges travel agency. Ok naman sila maasikaso, we book our hotel bookings and airfare thru them na rin.

cody23

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 01:27:50 pm »
ic.. but does it really require u to have like investments and bank accts? if purely travel lang [textspeak!] like 2-3 wks.. thanx in advance.. how much kaya [textspeak!] budget and gastos.. visa..ticket nd accom.. plus food and places to see?

that time we submitted copy of bank certifications and also photocopy of credit card. We went last August and airfare was around $900+ accomodation was around $200/night visa P5k, food prices there averages around $10-$15aud

l_neveph

• GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 02:57:01 pm »
hi sis neeners another question..safe ba magpa book ng plane ticket online, like yung virgin blue or jetstar?or mas ok kung sa outlet talaga nila kumuha.if the latter is much better saan ba mga office nila sis?are you familiar?parang alam na alam mo kasi australia,;-)..pati pala train tickets sis, like yung ghan and etc..thank you sis! ;)

jenny_syngkit

• Senior GirlTalker
  • addicted to running...
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 03:17:56 pm »
^ we booked our jetstar tickets online. ok naman, safe and hassle free. kaya lang you have to book fast kasi mabilis maubos yung mga murang flights.
run fast... run fierce... run fabulous!
http://twistedtravelholic.blogspot.com

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 04:12:30 am »
Hi sis l_neveph! Walang problem with booking online. All of my domestic Australian flights were booked online. Okay pa nga kasi sa airport may mga check in kiosks sila so you have an option not to line up sa check in. Though di ata advisable to if you have check in luggage.

As for the train tickets... erm, I haven't tried riding the interstate trains yet. But I'm guessing okay na rin to buy them online :)

l_neveph

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 05:36:48 pm »
^tnx sis, u really are reliable when it comes to ;) this

iwantsuperman

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 05:04:51 pm »
anung magandang themepark kaya between Seaworld and Warner Bros Movie World?

mahal kasi ang ticket,php2k+

l_neveph

• GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 03:57:01 pm »
sis ive never been to both parks yet but i read from the website of frommers that warner bros. is much better..if you want pool rides mas maganda daw wet n' wild..i dont know how true, nabasa ko lang din kasi eh..try mo din search sa yahoo answers.marami reviews doon

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 10:17:46 pm »
^^ I've been to Seaworld, but not to the Warner Bros. Movie World. Maganda sa Seaworld, it's not just the sea animals. Apart from the huge aquarium, the dolphin show and the water skiing show, there's a number of rides din, though not as extreme as the rides sa Movie World. There's also a swimming pool sa Seaworld so you can swim if the weather gets too hot.

pampolinous

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 02:23:47 pm »
i have a question! Has anyone tried applying for an Aussie visa using a Philippine passport outside of the Philippines? (ang haba hehe)

Anyways, I am planning to attend a conference at the end of June and since I reside in Taiwan at the moment, I'd have to apply at the Aussie office here.

Mahirap ba pag 3rd country? Or is is the same as when you're staying in the Philippines?

selly

• GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 02:28:20 pm »
l_neveph: depends on what you like.. personally i'd go to warner bros movie world because of the rides and attractions.. if you like animals, dolphin shoes etc you can go there. i also highly recommend wet and wild water park!
on the internet somewhere is a 3-park pass so you can go to the three amusement parks for a discounted rate (compared to if you buy the tickets individually) :)

gumdrops26

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 07:54:26 am »
iwantsuperman, I've been to both (and also to wet n wild)... Movieworld is like a Disneyland counterpart. May parades din ng warner brother characters :) maraming rides...

Seaworld okay rin pero yun nga, mas maraming shows and less rides than movieworld.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:36:44 am by [-c-h-a-] »
Although your secret stalking is on the psychotic side, I can't help but feel flattered. My life is awesome! :P :D :P

While you're talking behind my back, feel free to bend down and KISS my ass!

prisma

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2008, 12:15:24 am »
Guys , what hotels can you recommend in Goldcoast?  I want to stay in the beach area.

Meron bang reasonable priced hotels dun?  Thanks

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2008, 09:03:01 pm »
pampolinous : Madali lang mag apply for an Australian visa. Just make sure that all your documents are complete when you submit your application.

gumdrops26

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 02:59:22 pm »
prisma, anywhere near Surfer's Paradise :) or at surfer's paradise itself
Although your secret stalking is on the psychotic side, I can't help but feel flattered. My life is awesome! :P :D :P

l_neveph

• GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 04:50:48 pm »
hi prisma we're going there on may and  im choosing between island bacpackers paradise and surf n sun..both are ok ang price although i read from the website mas malapit sa beach and surf n sun..so far sa mnga na search ko na hostel [textspeak!] dalawa topped the list, at least for me;-)

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 01:38:09 am »
^ Do you mean Islander Backpackers Resort? That's where I stayed when I went to the Gold Coast. The hostel room is a regular hotel room with 2 bunk beds, instead of a double bed. Okay naman siya, maganda nga ang location. It's right beside the main bus station, and malapit sa bus stop going to Sea World and the bus stop for busses coming in from the train station. From what I remember, the rooms aren't airconditioned, fan lang. There's a balcony, though you might have to twice before leaving it open to let fresh air in -- our room before looks out over the pool and jacuzzi. And if there are people using the pool and jacuzzi at night, you can really hear them. Plus, Surfer's Paradise is very commercialized and is alive almost 24-hours a day. So dinig mo yung noise from the street outside the hotel.

pampolinous

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 11:08:12 pm »
pampolinous : Madali lang mag apply for an Australian visa. Just make sure that all your documents are complete when you submit your application.

thanks neeners! kahit pala unemployed ako? cause i'm only a full-time student....

gumdrops26

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 05:10:52 pm »
Paris Hilton stayed at a beachfront hotel in Surfers Paradise :)

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2008, 07:26:16 pm »
^^ pampolinous: you have to present your certificate of enrollment, para they have a guarantee that you're coming back here to continue your studies.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
The Top 10 Legs in Local Showbiz
We round up the sexiest legs in local showbiz.
5 Quick Ways to Get Rid of Post-Bakasyon Blues
Get yourself out of bed and out the door.
FNites! What Reminds You of Summer?
Send us a photo and we might feature it on the website!
FN's Top 10 SPF Beauty Picks for Summer 2014
These babies are mighty protectors from the sun's harmful UV rays.