Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 28 NOV 14
Need to maximize room space? Make sure you utilize built-in closets and freestanding cabinets.
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: How I met my boyfriend/husband  (Read 91778 times)

hi_landprincess

• A full time wife and mom. Office girl by day, Make Up Artist by night. ;D
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Registered Seller #302 :)
    • http://users.boardnation.com/~kikaysisterhood/index.php
Re: How I met my boyfriend/husband
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 04:20:02 PM »
my husband and i met during college days..  ;D  haayy.. Feb 14 non and wala akong magawa kaya may pinag-tritripan kaming classmate.. Tinutukso namin :) to get even she introduced me to his friend.. syempre caught in the act ako and sobrang nag-blush ako nong time na yun.. hahaha  ;D that's how it started and after 8 years of being steady we got married last july 15 lang.. :) nga pala..first bf ko din sya.. :)

qtcuddlymwah

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 04:41:24 PM »
i met my bf in a party.. nakaupo kami sa magkabilang dulo ng function room.. when i saw him, he was staring at me.. then i just stared a little and ignored it.. sabi niya twice daw nangyari na nagkatinginan kami pero ang naaalala ko once lang tlaga!! assuming hehe
 he has a girlfriend at that time pero on the rocks na. (i did not know it till recently lang)  then after 3 days (he broke up with the girl nga pala :-[ ), he texted me hi, and the rest is history :)... after 5 years, we're getting married this december!!!!

kool_diva

• nobody does it like ME!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • "The BEST revenge is a GOOD life"
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 06:01:01 PM »
my hubby was my college friend/barkada...he loves teasing me with other guys coz my BF then was accdg to him is "taking me for granted" daw. 

to make the long story short, un pala siya ang nagnanasa sa akin...now we have three kids already
GOD will operate but you must cooperate.

It is not enough to have a good mind, the main thing is to use it well...

tyhns

• biz-minded & momsie to ram-ram
    • mysite
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 05:15:48 PM »
nakakakilig namn to... reminiscing....

ako i met my hubby sa Singles for Christ function namin noon.  He has a girlfriend pa nga non hehe)... since we have lots of activities in SFC and we are always together, ayun one day he realized na he needs to break up with his gf.... then he courted me!.... After 3 years of being steady we got civilly married on dec 2003 then we got married (church wedding) again on jul 2005... and we now have a 1-year old baby boy.
"I will pass this way once, any good that I can do to others; let me do it now, for I will never pass this way again."

belayski

• Taklesang
    • http://www.friendster.com
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 11:53:54 AM »
we met in a summer camp for special/street children in romblon. i am a volunteer from alabang, and my husband's family (who is from bulacan) is one of our contrubitors. behind my husband's agenda in joining the camp is to search for a girlfriend. and he claimed it was love at first sight. the stars in romblon seem to be so low, and you can already see falling stars around 8-9 pm. so he made his wish, for me to be the one. and finally, when i gave him my "yes", he marked it on his phone's calendar..."my wish came true"

mrs. sweet

• Mom of Erica & Elyza and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »
our friends set us up in a group date...we just said our "HIs" and "BYEs", no communications in between, as in NOT A WORD. after few weeks, our friends set up another group date..then we started talking and sharing thoughts. after that, at least twice a week, we and our friends go out for dinner, movies or bars. after developing confidence in each other's company, we went out on our own, we had phone conversations every night..till wee hours in the morning, we exchanged a lot of texts (texts sending then was free hahaha). he proposed, i accepted. after few months of going steady, he proposed for marriage already....and i accepted the proposal ;D

junjiejoan

• GirlTalker
    • dcribcafe
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 02:08:31 PM »
met him through common friends... november 2001. coffee dream sm city cebu. nabighani ata sakin the first time he saw me. he admitted it. hehe. i found him cute though but i really didn't pay that much attention to him coz i thought the girl    he was with at that time was his gf eh ex na pala. we usually hang out almost everyday together with our friends but we don't talk.  nahihiya kami sa isa't isa. they just tease him coz they knew that he likes me. i was wondering what took him so long to make a move. but anywayz, he finally got the guts by january the following year. going steady by feb and got married dec 2003. 

fancybags

• Super GirlTalker
  • DOMESTIC GODDESS
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 02:21:09 PM »
We met thru a common friend in college. It was overdue actually because I have a boyfriend that time who is based in NY. As a good girl that I am (LOL ;D), I didn't welcome the idea of meeting guys. It was after when our relationship went sour that I finally agreed to meet this guy. After a few months of group dates, I finally found a new boyfriend in him (LOL, bilis noh? ;D). Then after a year and a half, I got pregnant, and that's when our married life started... :)

kurdapya

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 02:52:03 PM »
I am now married to a Serbian guy.
We've met 2001 through some messenger.
We've met after two years since we've met online...
and then got together after another 2  years.
And now.. we have 5 months old baby.

kitkat732003

• pregnant and loving it
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006, 05:16:39 PM »
i met my hubby of 4 yrs. thru work. i was a receptionist in the company where we both work in cebu. it was my first day at work (feb. 2000)and my superior toured me around the building. it was in the IT systems department that i was introduced to him ( he's a computer engineer). i found him to be really mayabang, di naman gwapo he he he. that was it that time. no sparks at all. then i was assigned in the night shift. he was doing nights as well. since i was in reception, i would often receive a call from him for call transfers to sister companies or to our bosses. one night he went to the reception area and asked me to call his department boss for him. from that night on we became friends and for nights to come he always chats to me for hours in the reception area. we became really good friends that we chat for hours on the phone. i didn't know that time that he had a girlfriend, pero it wasn't serious and they were in a rocky path that time. three days before he asked me out for a date (well it was supposed to be a friendly date on my part but it wasn't for him) he broke up with his girlfriend at that time. ayaw niya kaming pagsabayin kasi di naman daw talaga siya happy na that time with his present gf. nasundan yong mga 'friendly dates' namin and  on may 28, 2000 we officially became an item, roughly 3 months after we met. we got engaged december of that year and got married on june 10, 2002 roughly two years after we got together. he's my first boyfriend and i've waited for him all my life. he's a very good hubby and i'm sure, when we have a child, he'll be a very good father.  now i can say, he's worth the wait.....
good things comes to those who wait

dimplesgon

• I feel beautiful no matter what they say
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • "Not here to please anybody :-) "
    • www.facebook.com/dimplesgon
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2006, 07:34:31 PM »
i met my hubby in college - classmates kami during 3rd year & 4th year but hindi pa kami mag -"on" during our college days. may gf syang iba and may bf din akong iba.

2 years after graduation we had a class reunion. it just so happened na pareho kami walang commitment , walang ka relationship that time and nagkataon din na nagkakwentuhan kami ng matagal that nite of the class reunion.

we found out na we click, we had the chemistry and we are both in love - naging kami, after a year nagpakasal na kami.

now 11 years na po kaming married, both very happy.
So many things to do... So little time

FireSign

• Probationary
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2006, 09:35:46 AM »
Met my husband when we both applied for the same job at the same company. We were both hired eventually and we became good friends. Wala nang ligawan, its just a matter of us being comfortable going out and being together. Let's just say we are also total opposites, I'm taller and he's average. I like to be quick and on time, he takes his time and he's always late. He's happy-go-lucky, I'm serious. He's liberal-minded, I'm conservative. I like Jollibee, he likes McDo, etc. etc. I can't think of anything we have in common except we like the color blue, we're both into IT and we agreed to marry when we reach a certain salary range. We've been married for 9 years and its been 14 years since we first met.

I guess you don't really have to have much in common to stay together. Marriage like friendship is always a work in progress -- nothing is perfect. But it does pay to know the man you intend to marry and it takes time to do so.

pookie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2006, 08:05:44 PM »
college - his classmate in subject was my classmate in another. she introduced us during the first day of class when all the freshmen were getting to know one another

honeykoy

• Probationary
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 02:56:37 PM »
- I availed my dependents (parents) final check-up since I was resigning
- Got the company hospital number and Doctors number thru referral from HR
- Accompanied my mom on next scheduled check-up
- Dr. got details on my moms information sheet
- Became friends, [textspeak!] & phonepals
- Became lovers
- Married for four loving, happy & healthy years
- Granted a healthy 1 yr old son by GOD  ;D

Joycy

• Living life with integrity and order...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • is in love with Kakashi Hatake
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 08:32:33 PM »
I met my hubby while still in college, though we have different schools. He was there to accompany his friend who was also a friend of my classmate. Wala lang, inintro lang kami. Hindi ko na siya pinansin kasi di ko naman siya type. A week after, i went to the mall with my dad. He saw me there and said hi. I ignored him kasi, i forgot his face na. I didn't know we were introduced. During that time, mahilig ako mag-chat. It was really a nice coincidence that we were able to chat. Since okay naman yong ka-chat ko, i agreed to meet with him. And we were surprised nung nag-meet na kami. Kasi, iba ibang channels ang pinapasukan ko, tsaka iba-ibang nick ang ginagamit ko. So, parang pinagtatagpo talaga kami. After that, we became friends (although he admitted na attracted na siya sa akin) kahit di kami nagte-text o nagtatawagan. A month after, invited kami pareho sa birthday party ng mutual friend namin. We were seated at different tables and far away from each other, tapos lagi siyang nakatingin. After that, hindi na niya ako pinakawalan.

Dumaan pa nga kami sa puntong lumayas kami for 2 weeks eh.  ;D He was my first bf and we're together for 5 years before we got married in 2003.

Another coincidence : 2 years na kami into our relationship, he went to Ireland to work and stayed there for 2 years. Constant naman ang communication namin. I went to my lola's house and got inside the attic. Dun kasi kami tumira ng parents ko sa maternal grandparents ko. ANd i have lots of things there. And one of those is a flag of Ireland that i made when i was in my grade school pa. Di ba, may United Nations Day tayo and we were required to make a flag. Ireland kasi yong pinagawa ng teacher ko. O di ba?  
God tied u and I together by our little fingers with a long red string. This bond of destiny cannot be seen and there is no map leading to u. So i will fall in love with u when i meet u.

follow me @ www.twitter.com/Venus914

jengab

• opisyal na kolektor ng utang
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2006, 02:51:59 AM »
:)....i met my husband thru the net....last nov 2001...first time ko pumasok sa pinoy chat room....uso pa nun yun eh tapos hiningi niya yung cell # so bigay ko naman siya...that same night he forwarded me message...corny pero ewan ko ba kinabahan me after ko ma-receive...then we became textmates...after a couple of months naging mag-bf kami.....after 6 months i accidentally got preggy, we lived in together and nov of 2002, we got married.......whirlwind romance.....dami nangyari in a span of one year.......we're still together....four years na.....very much happy.....
It's not the things we do that cause the real sorrows of our lives....but the many , many things we don't.

esleem

• Hi Everyone!
  • Probationary
  • Mahal kita...maging sino ka man..
    • Raiden's Mart'ns Scrapbook
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2006, 10:44:03 AM »
me....we met online last april 2006 and will yet to meet in person this coming nov.2006. Goodluck to us!!
Interested in everything about MYSELF!

katya

• Probationary
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2006, 10:15:47 AM »
.....i met my guy last summer (2005) my neighbor had a party then and there was a band who plays old skul rock music, it was kinda new in my ear because my brother is a contemporary band member...i decided to sat outside our house to see who were the band members....and then i saw erman(my guy) he was playing drums and do the vocals at the same time....he sings fairly well and play drums a lot better compare to my hehe....im just being honest)..we were not personally introduced with each other,he told me that he asked for my name to my neighbor likewise i asked my bro who is that guy who plays the drum..luckily my bro just didnt told me his name but he told me a lot of stuff about that guy,(instant hehe)..months past he started texting me..and as they say the rest is history :)

yahknee

• Probationary
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2006, 10:42:55 AM »
I met my boyfriend in the net.He is American and I never expected beautiful things to happened..He saw me first in Cherry Blossoms...I was so hesitant at first but turned out to be on of the most precious things that happened to my life... We've been together chatting for months now and the more we chatted the closer we become... We share thoughts and plans in life and that includes my three kids...He would send me text messages on the cell often and those non tiring phone calls.....So lucky to have him...And I do believe in Destiny...and words that binds us together... love, respect and faithfulness that we have for each other.......

stunning_anne

• Best I Ever Had
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2006, 01:49:11 PM »
i met mine during high school days, inside tha campus of course.. until now kami pa din.. first bf ko sya..

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.