Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 23 JUL 14
Learn and keep active at the same time! Listen to audiotapes and podcasts while commuting or exercising.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: How I met my boyfriend/husband  (Read 86858 times)

moderator_over_35

• GirlTalker
How I met my boyfriend/husband
« on: August 18, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »
Happily attached ladies, give your single sisters some hope!  Talk about your personal "how I met him" love stories and give others the encouragement they need to keep believing that someday they'll meet someone, too!

Ielle

• Super GirlTalker
  • May I have this dance?
Re: How I met my boyfriend/husband
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 10:25:09 PM »
i met my husband in college... we were both taking the same course but we never took the same subject at the same time... until our department had this dinner-dance for a cause... a friend who was supposed to be my date that day had an urgent matter to attend to, and i was left alone and without a partner to dance with... this guy introduced himself to me, and kept me company the whole night...

he asked me to dance, but he wasnt a good dancer... but what i will never forget about that night was that, as we were dancing, i slipped off the elevated platform... and then, those strong arms held tightly on to me and never let me fall... this guy would (much) later on become my husband...
BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SAY... IT REVEALS HOW MUCH YOU KNOW...

daphne07142005

• i love my BoYZ..MJ sr&jr
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • starting to get tired of my long journey...
    • http://daphne07142005.multiply.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 06:19:41 AM »
i met my hubby last 2003 it was a blind date set up by his couzin who was my officemate that time. it was really an informal date since we both clubbin we end up going to disco ok. naman we enjoy each other's company then we started going out frequently hanngang naging kami tapos yun heheh married na kami w/ a 1yrold son
baby sometimes love just ain't enough...

maddie_girl

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:01:56 PM »
I met my sweetheart at a training seminar where participants from different companies where invited. He only invited me out on a date on the very last day sa training. The rest is history.  ;D
"nagkaron ako ng confident" - mali ang idiot board or hindi yung board ang idiot?

joanlim

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 12:51:14 PM »
hehe. . neighbors kmi since birth sa province but we were never friends, i just know him and vice versa. . his bro's mah ex. . (hehe. .kakahiya mang aminin). .  until last christmas we both went home to our prov. and then he saw me daw sa church, but didn't made the move until christmas break is over and i went back here sa manila and so was he. .  and one day i got a msg. sa friendster saying hi and it was him. . . and u know the rest na. . love mah boo. .

pao

• handpainted bangles
  • Super GirlTalker
  • GT registered seller #309
    • Baubles Bangles N Beads
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 06:37:19 PM »
we were chat mates, no sparks then yet, then madalas gimik ang buong barkada.. from there nadevelop siya sa akin :D and it's been 6yrs na hehe
sa hirap ng buhay ngayon , kelangan na nating mag tipid tipid :P

bebeto05

• 'nuff said
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 08:13:02 PM »
Me and my hubby are neighbors for more than 10 years na. I knew him back then as the payatot na kulot boy and ako naman yung chubby na kulit girl. I met most of his ex girlfriends since he would bring them to our tambayan pag may party (our friend's house). Then we transferred to a new house, not really super far from the old one, and haven't seen him since then kasi i heard ever since he started work, he seldom goes to the tambayan. Tapos everytime visit ako sa tambayan namin, we would always miss each other. As in, dadating ako nakaalis na sha or dadating sha, i already left. It has been like that for a long time. Until Christmas 2004, It was the first night of the simbang gabi. I was with my cuzns then somebody texted me na "psst suplada..." i didn't know it was his number so i texted back "[textspeak!] u?". Then he texted "look to your right" tapos yun! I saw a tall chinito na kalbo guy,with a warm smile... :) Ever since, we've been together for more than 2 years na... ;D Just recently I asked him, what if I was still the chubby girl you met 10 years ago, would you have approached me sa Church? He told me...I would have recognized that smile from anywhere... ;D
I'm not a b*tch,,,I'm just complicated.

kolinetongue

• BORN AGAINST
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Fake!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 08:37:48 AM »
i met my husband in college... we were both taking the same course but we never took the same subject at the same time... until our department had this dinner-dance for a cause... a friend who was supposed to be my date that day had an urgent matter to attend to, and i was left alone and without a partner to dance with... this guy introduced himself to me, and kept me company the whole night...

he asked me to dance, but he wasnt a good dancer... but what i will never forget about that night was that, as we were dancing, i slipped off the elevated platform... and then, those strong arms held tightly on to me and never let me fall... this guy would (much) later on become my husband...

grabe! kinilig ako dito sa story mo sis ielle. kala ko sa novel and film lang nangyayari to, mali pala ako ;)

same is the case with me but minus that dancing moment ( :)). i met my hubby when i was in college. we were both active in our student government. then eto na, with 2 daughters. i did not expect na sya ang magiging better half ko kase he was not my type (really) and did not even meet the standards i have set ( ;D) but i have no regrets coz he is the most wondeful husband in the world. super loving, caring and a great provider.

hay buhay!

"I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel". – Peter Nivio Zarlenga

rovi

• Probationary
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 11:24:31 AM »
I met my husband in a call ctr. We're actually batchmates.At first deadma lang. He's masungit,conservative,quiet guy.He looks scary kasi may tattoo sya and got big muscle coz he works out..he's separated at ako naman single mom..anyways,that was december2004..so nun na sa floor na kami (term for call ctr), I always look for him kasi nga shift duties kami..to tell you the truth he didnt know that I liked him..shempre pakipot ka noh..then we have this call ctr anniversary that was held in HARD ROCK..he asked around who wanted a ride so ako shempre gusto ko..he and his friend left without telling me so I went home riding a cab :-[..the next day,IM sya sa akin asking me if I'm mad and I told him I'm not (ndi naman talaga eh)..to make up he asked if I wanted to have breakfast with him sa Starbucks..then he took me home..after that he takes me home everyday ;) Now this is the best part..you see we were in the same boat..no partners,confuse,with kids..he got 3 and I got 4..tapos may opening for call ctr in Singapore and he really wanted to go out of the country..he didnt know I'm a permanent resident in HongKong..when he got rejected..I said (without thinking basta lang lumabas sa bibig ko).."if you really wnated to work abroad,I have a proposal"...so I told him na resident ako then I said..BUT YOU HAVE TO MARRY ME PARA MABILIS ANG PROCESSING NG PAPERS MO"..I'm never married by the way..then he said,"I dont want to marry you just becoz of that,I wanted us to get marrieed becoz we love each other..then I started crying,hugging him and kissing him...thats May2005..Now,we have to tell our parents...I went to HKG in August alone coz I needed to fix the apartment,wedding,get a job etc before he can join me..He joined me in November 2 days before my birthday...the same day nagyaya sya sa Starbucks and right there he pull this small red box out from his pocket,open it and said "will you marry me"..sighhhhhhhh..We got married 24th december 2005 and still happily married...our kids?? they have to stay in manila para we can give them good life...

maribeth

• I'm simply the best....
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 05:59:26 PM »
Met my husband when I was 16. He is dutch but both the engagement and weddins were held in the Philippines. At first we were just friends until he proposed when we were 23. 2 years after that we got married. We've been together for 9 years and is blessed with a 2 years old son.
Life is what you make it. Strive to be happy.

bujuy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 07:45:14 AM »
He was my college friend and we both migrated to the US after graduation. We were chatting thru YM and texting like good friends do when we decided to meet up. The minute I stepped out of the car, he gave me the biggest, most loving hug I've ever had. Sympre sa una nakakailang coz we've been friends for so long. But his arms around me felt so good and it felt so right. So I hugged him back. He put his face in front of mine and then gave me the sweetest kiss. It felt so good and felt so right so I kissed him back. A few months down the road, we got married after that special night!  ;)

jazzmine777

• SUPERLING
  • Super GirlTalker
  • FOREVER
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 10:25:24 AM »
My hubby was working at a company located near our garment shop, whenever he would go to the canteen beside our shop, he'll glance at our store as if he's looking for something, then one time i got sick, so it was mother who took charge that day, when my mom got home, she told me "anak, kilala mo ba yung mestisong intsik na dumadaan dun sa store natin? kasi kanina naka-limang beses dumaan, sinisilip hanggang loob, hinahanap ka ata?" from then on, i took notice of him, then one day, when he passed by, he smiled at me and said "hi"...One of our workers told me that he asked him if i already have a bf, and that time i was brokenhearted, then i was surprised when he gave me a call, and asked me if we could be friends, and i said yes..

After a few weeks of chitchats, he asked if he could visit me at our house and meet my parents, when he went for a visit for the first time, he stripped and fell on his knees infront of my mom, then my mom called me from my room and whispered to me while she was laughing hysterically "ano ba yang manliligaw mo, gwapo nga, lampa naman yata"... ;D

after a few visits and dates, he told me "im inlove with you, do you feel the same way too?" and then we kissed for the first time, after a few months after that, he proposed, and his family from pangasinan did a pamamanhikan, and we got married...i married the "mestisong-intsik-lampa-guy" as my mom called him before, now my mom is always on his side whenever we have lovers quarrel  ;D
A  Rose Has Thorns Not To Hurt Others But To Protect Itself....

princess_alys

• IcoNoClast
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 10:18:47 PM »
I met my hubby back in college, we both worked in the same fastfood chain but in different branches. He had friends in our branch and he visits our branch frequently because it's near his house. We're both from the same town, a tricycle-ride away but we didn't know each other. Then he saw me in our branch and asked about me. Then he got transferred to our branch (sabi nya di daw nya ni-request yun pero his friends awere saying otherwise). We became friends. At that time, there was this ex-bf na bumabalik pero ayoko na sa kanya so, i always ask my hubby to pretend na he's my bf and sabay kami lagi uuwi. Ayun, nagkatotoo. We were boyfriends for 8 years before we got married. We're married for more than 8 years now.  :)
Truth is the only safe ground to stand on.

maristela

• Crazy, Sexy, Cool Super Mom
  • Super GirlTalker
  • living life to its fullest
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 06:01:14 AM »
I met my boyfriend which is now my very loving husband, back in college.. 1st year of college to be exact. (may 1999) It was our enrollment in school when the first time I saw him.. we're on queue.. Him, before my turn.. the admin asked ano section kukunin mo? then he answered CE/CF, which is also I have in mind to get as my schedule (block section [textspeak!]) while the admin encoding his information, I saw his second name, very unique,. similar sa cartoon character ng looney toons. :D then he left na. when it's my turn, admin asked the same thing to his., She teased, uy, nakakakita ka lang ng papa, yun nadin kukunin mo, my face turned red by then, [textspeak!] daming tao sa likod  ko no.. hehe. after a week pa since our class stared nung pumasok sha.. super quiet! :D then first day na pumasok sha, nagkataon na saakin sha pinatabi.

He never make ligaw.. we started as friends. my text mate, my phone buddy every night for almost 5 hrs. pumupunta pa sa bahay yan.. :D I think  dun na nag start, after 2 years, naging kami na, officially! that was march 17, 2001. the rest is history.. now, we're 5 years as bf/gf and 1yr and half as a married couple blessed with adorable son.

i Love my kids! :)

twix

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Itawad
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 11:34:08 PM »
I met my hubby back in college, halos magkalapit lang kasi yung room namin mga 5 steps lang ang pagitan namin simula sa room niya at room ko....hahaha..but we were friends then nauwi sa biruan, kanchawan ng mga kasama namin sa bahay ewan ko ba feeling ko kasi parang kilala ko na sha pero dun ko lang naman sha nakita at nakilala hmmm.....we were bf /gf for 7 years before got married....  :)
Make time to enjoy life, relax, smile and giggle everyday! :)

sheyfashionizta

• ♥shey...
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 04:03:15 PM »
well i met my hubby [textspeak!] i was in college then, we are neighbors that time.. nag jive kmi sa mga intrest namin, like night out and music.. parehong mkulit and pasaway.. basta all i know is that i felt that i love him that time.. uuyy!!! hehe
un lang.. dnt like to mention a lot.. long story [textspeak!] eh.. hehe
The best revenge is just Moving On and getting over it.. Don't give someone the satisfaction of watching you suffer.

RonaWeasley

• Super GirlTalker
    • http://ronaweasley.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »
i met my hubby during our training for a new account at work. I came straight from a shift so i was so sleepy na and he was late so we had to wait for him. yon lang. nothing much. then when we were having our mock calls, that's the time we really got to know each other. chat lagi sa ym tapos phone calls then he would go to my place after our shift to eat midnight snack sa carinderia :) 6mos after, we got married na  ;D
...life is a pleasure with you by my side
http://ronaweasley.blogspot.com

melancolia

• Junior GirlTalker
  • a pedantic pedestrian
    • when mute tongues can speak
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 10:42:26 PM »
we met through the net. it was one of those spur-of-the-moments when i didn't have anything to do. out of boredom, i saw his name in one of those forgotten penpal websites. i was browsing the countries Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand because i would like to have an asian friend. i wasn't connecting with my friends that time.
although there was nothing really strange about his name, it was the way he advertised it on the above mentioned countries that also included Uganda, which later he told me is one of his fave destinations. he had null description of himself, not enough room for fantasy.
anyway, to make it short. i sent him an intro email. i don't know why. i just did. he wrote back after two weeks.
he wasn't really keen on "talking" so i told him we could stop corresponding as i felt like having a monologue every time i emailed him. it was a gentle order yet firm. it was also honest.
he got scared,  ;D. so he emailed again and asked for forgiveness. after that he couldn't quit. from virtually two emails a week it became two, sometimes three, emails a day.
we called each other, texted each other, he sent messages through my beeper.
it went on till the 11th month when he decided he wanted to see me and confirm if we were going to like each other in person, evidently putting the relationship into the next level.
he arrived. we clicked. then he proposed. i accepted. i left manila three months after we got married. now we have a child.  :D
""But remember that the city is a funny place, something like a circus or a sewer/And just remember different people have peculiar tastes..."--Lou Reed ("Coney Island Baby")

yhuna

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 10:47:09 PM »
i met my hubby through my tita. then ayun hanggang sa lagi na kmi nagdedate nagkadevelopan na po. and now we have a beautiful daughter.

lemonade

• Super GirlTalker
  • ich liebe meine tochter!
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 02:49:06 PM »
my husband used to be my boss! he likes to say i filed a sexual harassment case against him, and then we just had a settlement that led to our marriage. that's only a joke, of course. the truth is, the very first time he saw me, he instantly got smitten!  :P

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.