Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 22 NOV 14
If you want to establish a business but only have a small capital, go online! Social networking the best way to let your services get known
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: LF: Carbonara Recipes  (Read 72611 times)

may bautista

Re: LF: Carbonara Recipes
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2010, 12:41:48 AM »
i add dried oregano....like sa SBARRO! at super sarap na sya!

for 1/2 a kilo of pasta.....1 can of Alaska evap + 3 nestle cream (pack) + bacon + cheese = yummy white sauce

michelledm

• GirlTalker
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2010, 09:03:25 PM »
Here's my own simple version of carbonara that my kids and hubby love so much;

garlic (about 6 cloves or more)
Bacon (about 250 grams)
Knorr Cream of chicken soup (yung naka pack about 30 pesos ata un)
Carnation Eavap (big can)
Nestle Cream (Yung nasa puch [textspeak!])
Quickmelt Cheese
1 kg pasta

Procedure:
Saute garlic, add in chopped bacon. After about 3 to 5 minutes add the mixture of knorr chicken soup and water pero make it thicker, medyo bawasan ng 1 cup of water based sa nakalagay sa instruction sa label. Stir continously then pag medyo thick na siya add in the carnation evap and nestle cream as well. Halo lang ng halo then ilagay na yung grated cheese about half lang. then pag ok na yung texture tikam nyo na siya. Ako kasi i dont put spices na since okay yung lasa ng knorr chicken soup. Food is ready.

i love life..

NurseOnDuty

• So inlove and a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
very informative thread.. i love carbonara!  :D
From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

There is always a room for IMPROVEMENT! :)

chicnsassy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2010, 07:41:11 PM »
Here is my recipe (super patok) Everyone loves my carbonara  ;)

Saute garlic in 1 bar butter, add thinly sliced bacon and chopped mushroom buttons and stems (1 can) then pour in 1 cap evap milk then 1 can cream of mushroom, pour in small amout of grated cheese and a little amout of pepper to taste, stir until creamy then pour in 500g cooked pasta>>>>PARTY TIME!

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2010, 08:15:19 AM »
Mga sis, no offense sa mga carbonara recipes nyo but I just wanna share the real traditional Italian carbonara sa Tuscany. Actually, sila walang cream ang carbonara nila kasi nga masyado silang conscious sa calories considering may egg and bacon na nga na kasama. But well, taste is subjective but for those who want to try, eto ang recipe nila, wala lang measurements kasi estimation lang ang gamit ko.

Spaghetti or Bucatini (this is the suited pasta for this sauce)
Bacon
Onion
Egg yolk
Pepper
Salt
Pecorino cheese

So here it goes, first prepare the sauce. Chop the onion into smallest pieces. Chop the bacon lengthwise, depende kung gaano kakapal gusto niyo but ako medyo mas malalaki sa size ng chopped onion.

Sauté the onion and bacon bits in olive oil until the bacon bits are crispy. Set aside.

Boil some water with salt! (taste the water and make sure na may lasa). Put the pasta kapag kumulo na then wait until it cooks. Better kung al dente kasi lulutuin mo pa ulit ito with the sauce. Drain.

Pour the sauce into the pasta and cook in LOW fire. Stir consistently. Put salt if still needed. Then, add the separated egg yolk into the pasta. Stir. Add some pepper. Your "low calorie" spaghetti alla carbonara is ready. Serve with pecorino or parmesan cheese but ang talagang partner is pecorino cheese. Ewan ko lang kung san meron nun dito sa atin.

Try it para maiba naman dun sa usual creamy carbonara.

Buon appetito!

Unfortunately sis, your recipe isn't authentic.

Real Carbonara uses Guanciale. It's similar to bacon but really full of flavor. Guanciale is like those big leg hams seasoned and air dried. IF there's no Guanciale available, cooks use Pancetta.

Bacon, compared to Pancetta and Guaciale, is really really bland. Some opt to put salt up accent the flavor. But to my taste buds, its still different.

Carbonara also does not have onions. and it uses one WHOLE egg, for one head.

Aside from Guanciale, Pecorino cheese is the next important ingredient imho. It has a milkish flavor. thus giving carbonara a "cream" like taste. Some italian chefs use Parmesan with Pecorino.

It's not dahil gusto nila ng low calorie. It's just that Italians do not use cream. Americans do.

Cream is not common in Italian recipes, but is used in the United States[6][7], France, Spain, the United Kingdom[8], Australia[9]  and Russia (especially in Moscow)[citation needed]. Other Anglo/Franco variations on carbonara may include peas, broccoli or other vegetables added for colour.[7]  Yet another American version includes mushrooms. Many of these preparations have more sauce than the Italian versions.[10]

I'm a carbonara fan. and i love cooking the traditional version.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 08:27:14 AM by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2010, 10:58:39 AM »
Share ko lang this recipe...

8 ounce cooked, drained, rinsed noodles
8 slices bacon, cut in 1/2" pieces or if anong prefer size mo
1 bunch sliced green onions & 1/2 tops
handful sliced fresh mushrooms
2/3 cups Parmesan cheese (or more), grated
3 eggs, room temperature
2/3 cups cream, room temperature
2 tsp. dry parsley flakes
1 tsp. salt & pepper

In fry pan brown bacon pieces. Add onion and mushrooms, saute until soft. In bowl beat eggs, add other ingredients and mix and set aside.

To fry pan with bacon, onions and mushrooms and add rinsed, cooked noodles; heat. Just before serving, add bowl of egg mixture to hot noodle mixture (take off heat or unplug) and mix. Serve immediately.
♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥
 :)

sugar2578

• inet addict
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »
share ko din yung recipe ko... tipid recipe to.... hehe

1/2 spaghetti noodles
1 can maling (cut into dice) or 1/2 kilo ground lean pork
garlic (3-4 gloves)
1/2 small onion
2 knorr cubes (chicken)
1 can big carnation evap
2 tbsp flour
oil
cheese
mushroom (optional)

here's how
1. saute garlic on the pan with hot oil then put onion then 2 knorr cubes, mix
2. add maling (diced) or boiled lean ground pork then add mushroom (optional)
3. add 1 can of milk then mix it until it boiled
4. add flour (mix it with water) then mix it until lumapot yung sauce
5. then, it's ready na... put your cooked spaghetti in a plate, pour the carbonara sauce then top it with grated cheese...

yummy na, mura pa.... hehe

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2012, 09:25:14 PM »
thanks to this thread, na inspire ako gumawa ng lasagna carbonara.

1/4 stick butter
1 big cancarnation evap
1 pouch nestle cream
ham and bacon
garlic
fresh basil
parsley for toppings

melt butter, saute garlic
add bacon and ham
add evap and cream
put basil
toss in noodles

thats it. :)

pink_crystal

• GirlTalker
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2013, 04:53:45 PM »
Here's a carbonara recipe I got from my supervisor. Really easy to make and it doesn't take long. This is for half a kilo of pasta noodles:

2-3 cans evap (tall)
1 cream of mushroom (campbell's)
grated cheese (your call on how much. ako, i like a lot kaya isang block talaga ginagamit ko)
mixed veggies (peas and carrots)
bacon
ham (cut into strips)
half a stick of butter

Fry bacon then remove from its oil once brown. Set aside. In bacon oil (reduce if you feel it's too much), add the stick of butter. Once melted, put in the mixed veggies and the strips of ham. Add the cans of evap and the can of campbell's mushroom soup. Add the grated cheese and mix till sauce thickens. You might want to put salt and pepper but i don't anymore, especially the salt kasi andami ko nang cheese na nilalagay. Mince the bacon to make bacon bits.

Cook pasta noodles according to package directions.

Serve by pouring sauce over the pasta, mixing and then sprinkling the top with bacon bits.

I tell you, ang yummy nya! :)

domestic diva

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2013, 08:30:46 AM »
Spaghetti alla Carbonara
serves 6

500g spaghetti noodles
4 fresh large eggs
1 small pack of Swift bacon, cubed
1 pack freshly grated Parmesan
Freshly cracked black pepper
Sea salt

Bring about 6 quarts of generously salted water (it should taste like the ocean) to a boil, add the spaghetti and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.

While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon bits and saut for about 3 minutes, or until the meat is crispy and golden and has rendered its fat. Turn off the heat.

In a small bowl whisk the eggs and the cheese until well-combined.

When the pasta is done, reserve 1/2 cup of the water, then drain.

Return the bacon to the pan to medium heat, and add half of the reserved pasta water to the pan. Toss in the spaghetti and agitate the pan over the heat for a few seconds until the bubbling subsides. Much of the water will evaporate.

Remove the pan from the heat and add the egg mixture and stirring quickly until the eggs thicken. The residual heat will cook the eggs but work quickly to prevent the eggs from scrambling. If the sauce seems too thick, thin it out with a little bit more of the reserved pasta water.

Season liberally with freshly cracked black pepper. (Taste for seasoning: depending on the kind of pork used, it may not need any salt.)

Divide the pasta into bowls and serve immediately.
Hail to St. Joseph of the Holy Cloak!

gwacie

• also known as Grace the Great
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • daydream believer
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2013, 11:10:44 PM »
^ That was the recipe I was thinking of. Thanks, sis!
I'll seek a four-leaved shamrock in all thy fairy dells,
And if I find the charmed leaves, oh, how I'll weave my spells!

domestic diva

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2013, 09:39:46 AM »
This is our new carbonara recipe, sis.
In fact, when I make this, I need to double the recipe.
My kids wolf it down like I've never seen them eat pasta! hahaha
Hail to St. Joseph of the Holy Cloak!

blinktwice

• GirlTalker
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »
I like with cream and a can of Campbelle's mushroom soup with parmesian cheese,,ala fetticine ng french baker

happie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2014, 11:14:39 PM »
Here's my version:
Lots of garlic
Pesto just add a kick
Button mushrooms
Toasted bacon
Chopped fresh basil
Olive oil/ butter
Nestl cream
Fresh milk
Laurel leaf
Bullion chicken
Parmesan cheese

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.