One beauty issue many Asians—Filipinas included—strugle with is being born with stick-straight, sometimes even sparse, lashes. While a few lucky ones can flaunt their thick, naturally curled lashes with ease, many of us have to resort to the daily application of that makeup wonder called mascara. We aren't complaining, though—it's a makeup wonder for a reason!
Ready to woo that cute guy with your long and flirty lashes? Here's an easy tutorial you can follow! Plus, given the fact that mascara is an indispensable component in every girl's kikay kit, we also share 20 mascaras to try.
Looking to buy? Use our store directory for easy shopping:
- Avon is available through Avon representatives or Avon beauty centers. Check this directory for the center nearest you.
- Benefit is available at Greenbelt 5.
- Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Dior, Laura Mercier, NARS, Stila, and T. Le Clerc are available at Rustan's Department Stores in Glorietta, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Gateway, and Alabang Town Center. To learn about other products available from Rustan's, check out the Rustan's--The Beauty Source website.
- DivaDerme is available at Purebeauty Serendra.
- Dovera is exclusively distributed by Amway Philippines, G/F Feliza Building, 108 V.A. Rufino St., Lesgapi Village, Makati. For more information, contact them at 814-8181.
- e.l.f., L'Oreal, Max Factor, and Maybelline are available at leading beauty stores and department stores nationwide.
- Etude House is available at SM Supermalls nationwide.
- Fanny Serrano is available at Watsons stores in Gateway, SM Fairview, Harrison, SM Makati, SM Mall of Asia, SM Marikina, and SM North EDSA. You may check this directory for the complete list of outlets.
- MAC is available at Power Plant Mall, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and Glorietta 3.
- Majolica Majorca is exclusively available at SM Department Store and Watson's.
- The Body Shop is available at Power Plant Mall, Market! Market!, Trinoma, SM Makati, Eastwood Mall, and Greenhills Shopping Center, among others. You may check this directory for the complete list of stores.
For more makeup tutorials, browse through these galleries:
(First published in the March 2003 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines, Beauty Workbook section as "Lash Out;" model photos by Ocs Alvarez; hair and makeup by Barbie Chan; model: Joy Woolbright; adapted for use in Female Network)