It's no secret that achieving a radiant, flawless complexion requires having the right products in your arsenal, but buying the best skincare potions out in the market is only half the battle. Below, we teach you how and when to use your skincare products to finally achieve porcelain, baby soft skin.
1. Wash your face with a gentle facial wash that won't leave your skin parched.
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser, P1,195
Philosophy is available at SM Megamall and Glorietta.
2. Tap a few drops of lightweight serum on your skin to balance its moisture level and to control oil production.
Yves Rocher Exceptional Youth Essence
Yves Rocher is available at SM North, SM Fairview, SM Southmall, and Trinoma.
3. To save time, apply a BB cream or CC Cream that acts as skincare, base, and sunscreen.
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream, P2,250
Juice Beauty is available at Beauty Bar branches.
1. Remove all makeup and oil buildup with a heavy-duty cleanser.
Banila Co Clean It Zero, P875
Banila Co is available at Glorietta.
2. Lather a mild foaming wash to get rid of dirt stuck in your pores.
Pond's White Beauty Cleansing Gel, P155
Pond's is available at department stores.
3. Refine your pores with an alcohol-free toner. Using toner soothes red spots and preps your skin to help it absorb the serum and moisturizer better.
Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner
Kiehl's is available at Power Plant Mall, SM Mall of Asia, Greenbelt 5, and SM Makati.
4. Anoint your skin with a few drops of serum for radiant nourishment and light moisture.
Tony Moly Naturalth Goat Milk Whitening Essence, P1,678
Tony Moly is available at SM North, SM Megamall, SM Makati, SM Mall of Asia, SM Southmall, and Alabang Town Center.
5. Never neglect your eye area. The skin here is thin, and is more prone to sagging and wrinkling. Lightly dabbing an eye cream or eye serum will help prevent lines from forming.
Clinique Dark Eyes Corrector, P2,450
Clinique is available at SM North, SM Megamall, SM Aura, SM Mall of Asia, and Rustan's branches.
6. To seal everything in, carefully pat moisturizer on your face. Refrain from applying it in one big swoop because it'll drag your skin down. Plus, this method takes the skin a longer time to absorb the product.
Yadah Puregreen Moisturizing Cream, P545
Yadah is available at Beauty Bar branches.
1. It's vital to exfoliate weekly to get rid of dead skin. If you neglect this step, all those top-of-the-line productswill just be resting on a pile of dead skin and grime buildup instead of being absorbed by your pores. Not exfoliating is also one of the culprits of dull, ashy skin.
Mario Badescu Strawberry Face Scrub
Mario Badescu is available at Rustan's branches.
2. Restore your skin's health with a mask packed with nutrients. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes to see a revived, healthier complexion.
L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Revitalift Laser 3x Night Cream-Mask, P1,499
L'Oreal is available at department stores.
On special occasions
1. You can fake a deep, eight-hour slumber by putting on a sleeping pack after your moisturizer.
Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
Origins is available at SM Megamall and SM Makati.
2. Kill a zit without irritating your skin with an all-natural, organic spot treatment.
Human Nature Acne Defense Gel, P199.75
Human Nature is available at Rustan's and Landmark branches.
A monthly visit to your derma for a facial can give your skin a deep-cleansing, setting your pores on reboot and creating a healthy, detoxed, glow. Plus, a pro can assess your skin properly—if something's wrong, she'll be able to guide you on how to treat the issues with care.
Flawless Age Defy Advanced Facial, P980 with complementary dermatologist consulation
Flawless is located at SM Megamall, SM North, SM Mall of Asia, SM Makati, SM Southmall, and Festival Mall.
ILLUSTRATION: Mixi Ignacio