Summer is called body-baring season for a reason. These are the hot, hot months where hemlines are shorter, fabrics are sheerer, and skin is definitely in. And at the top of the dress code? Mini dresses, leggy shorts, and tiny bikinis, of course!
Unfortunately, while we'd love to don the shortest and skimpiest pieces we can find, there's usually one thing that stops us. It's called cellulite, or that annoying skin condition that chooses no one—not even women with slender and seemingly fat-free frames. But, as with most skin issues, you can do something about it.
Ready to bare those gams? Here's a simple tutorial that will have you confidently strutting those smooth thighs in minis galore.
Looking to buy? Use our store directory for easy shopping:
- Avon is available through Avon representatives or Avon beauty centers. Check this directory for the center nearest you.
- Clarins, Dior, Kose, Murad, and Palmer's are available at Rustan's Department Stores in Ayala Center Makati, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Gateway, Alabang Town Center, and Robinsons Place Manila. To learn about other products available from Rustan's, check out the Rustan's—The Beauty Source website.
- Clean Skin and Philosophy are available at Beauty Bar stores nationwide. Check this store directory for the branch nearest you.
- St. Ives and Nivea are available at leading supermarkets, beauty stores, and department stores nationwide.
And for more skincare articles, check out these links:
- Summer-Hot Pampering: How to Achieve Top-to-Toe Beauty This Summer
- Bare Those Legs: 4 Steps to Waxing at Home + 10 Products to Try
- Fair Play: 18 Skin Whitening Questions Answered
- All Clear: 5 Tips on Cleansing from Head to Toe + 30 Products to Try
(First published in the April 2004 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines, Beauty Workbook section as "Fight Cellulite;" model photos by Ocs Alvarez; model: Belle Alvarez; adapted for use in Female Network)