1. Don’t scrimp on sunscreen. Keep your skin in top shape by making it a habit to apply sunscreen every day. Harmful UVA rays from the sun result in premature aging and dark spots. UVB rays, on the other hand, are what cause sunburn. For you and your skin’s health, use a broad spectrum facial sunscreen every day. It’s been proven to be one of the biggest secrets to slowing down skin aging.
2. Use a serum. If you’re looking to up the ante of your skincare routine, try adding a facial serum. Think of serums as the most potent product in your skincare routine. They’re made with active ingredients that can penetrate deep into your skin to deliver quicker results. While dermatologists say that not everyone needs a serum, it’s a good investment if you want to work on your complexion. We recommend picking an all-around serum to save time and money.
3. Exfoliate your skin. Dead skin cells can lead to dull and tired-looking skin. The easiest way to get rid of them is by using a gentle face scrub one to two times a week. Remember not to go beyond that, even if you have oily skin!
4. Drink lots of water. While there has been no conclusive study linking increased water intake and better skin, keeping yourself hydrated from within can greatly minimize the appearance of your pores and wrinkles, and make your skin look plumper and healthier. Do yourself a favor and drink more water!
5. Eat for your skin, too. Consume foods rich in Vitamin C, because it helps elevate collagen production in the skin. Foods rich in antioxidants like berries, sweet potatoes, and dark green vegetables can also help your body produce new healthy skin cells.
6. Seek professional help. If you have problems with sun spots, postinflammatory hyperpigmentation, or dull skin, you can opt for a laser treatment to fix them. We recommend the Crystal Bright Laser Whitening System from the Aivee Clinic, because it’s fast, painless, and effective. The technology used in the laser device makes it possible for whitening and brightening serums to penetrate deep into the skin, which is why results can be seen almost instantly.