While having a closet filled with basic clothing is always highly recommended, looking at the same silhouettes every time can bore you. Below, we round up style suggestions that allow you to play around fashion trends with the wardrobe essentials you already own:
1. Knot a button down shirt to define your waist instead of just tucking it in your bottoms.
2. Give a vintage band tee an upgrade by pairing it with faded skinny jeans, a bold hued bag and pointed stiletto pumps.
3. Put on a pastel jacket over a white tennis dress.
4. Using an oversized button down shirt, leave the first three buttons open to fashion a cold-shoulder top.
5. Trade your usual skinny jeans in for raw-hemmed, wide-leg denim pants.
6. Statement accessories add instant oomph!
7. Slip on a velvet camisole to make a basic black pencil skirt extra sensual.
8. Tie a slim scarf around your neck to make your silk blouse and denim cutoffs fancier than usual.